Over 5,000 happy guests can't be wrong!
Tour some of the most iconic undead locations from our luxury coach. We love zombies, so join us on this 3-hour tour of the best zombie hangouts including locations from:
- The Walking Dead, S2 & 3
- Pet Sematary 2
This is an ever-changing tour, so you never know what you might see!
What Is Not Included?
- Snacks and beverages
- Guide gratuities are not included but are greatly appreciated
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|Kritty8||Sun, Oct 26 2:30 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Family Without Children|
We had a fantastic day!
|Twohalls2||Sat, Oct 25 2:30 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Other|
Our guide, Katherine, was wonderful! She was so knowledgeable and entertaining. She told us stories about the actors and filming. We were so happy to have the opportunity to take the tour and will definitely take the Atlanta tour very soon! We really enjoyed the museum and took lots of pictures. Our favorite part was the Zombie arena!
I want to do it again!
|rhondamc21||Mon, Oct 20 2:30 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
I did both Part 1 and Part 2 of the zombie tours. It was a lot of fun! I learned a lot from the guides, who have played walkers on the show and also got to go in some areas that are locked. I thought 3 hours for each tour would be somewhat long but it actually went by really fast. I kind of wish it was even longer and that we had more time at each of the sites. If I get to go back, I would like to do the tours again.
Wonderful way to spend our 15th anniversary!
|Stewartess||Mon, Oct 20 2:30 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
We had a wonderful time with Charlie as our guide. We learned a lot of neat things about production and had a blast seeing where The Walking Dead has (and continues to be) filmed! Highly recommended!
Perfect for Walking Dead Fanatics!!
|pdxroxlau||Sun, Oct 19 2:30 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
We really enjoyed our tour. We did the Big Zombie Tour part 2 during the last day of The a Walker Stalker Comvention. I made our reservation months in advance. The overall tour was fun and informative. It was great to get out of the city and visit all of these great rural areas where the show was shot. Our guides were Cindy & Michael. Listening to Michael tell his behind the scenes stories really elevated this trip for me. We took their shuttle from downtown to Senoia and back. My only gripe is I wish there was some way to give people who need to take the shuttle a little time to at least stop in the Woodbury Shoppe. I got to step in for 2 minutes. A little heartbroken about that. I'm not gonna lie. I live in Oregon, so I can't just stop in anytime. Nevertheless we really enjoyed the tour. Next time we will do The Big Zombie tour part 1 and rent a car for a day so we can look around Senoia at our leisure. :)
Drew from the Lou
|DrewWilson||Sun, Oct 19 2:30 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Awesome tour it is a must do!
|jsilv32||Fri, Oct 17 2:30 PM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
This was a good tour, but I felt that more time could/should have been spent around Senoia. Clearly, there is a lot of distance between sites, but I wonder if a better route could be mapped out to see more...
|cdwood28||Fri, Oct 17 2:30 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Myself, my husband and our two kids (11 & 14) went on this tour and had a great time. The tour guides were friendly, fun and informative. They took us to many of the filming locations and we had a great time.
Overall good time
|Lindy999||Fri, Oct 17 2:30 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Combination||Group of Friends|
Great locations but wish we could have gotten off the bus more. Difficult to take photos from the bus due to reflection or if you're on the right side and photo op was on the left (or vice versa) you're secreted . Also felt we should have been given much more time in Senoia, i.e. Woodbury, which is supposed to be the highlight of the tour. Only 15 minutes in the Woodbury shop and no extra time to take photos on the street itself was very disappointing. For those reasons enjoyed part 1 of the tour more.
|mountie2289||Sun, Oct 12 2:30 PM||Male||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
We had such an excellent time. Michael, our guide was exceptional. We went on the tour for our daughter's birthday. He went out of his way to make her feel special and make it a perfect day for her. His knowledge and humor was absolutely the best. I would recommend to everyone.
- Do I have to puchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is highly recommended as tours often sell out. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance.
- How is The Big Zombie Tour, Part 2 different from the Part 1 Tour?
- The Big Zombie Tour, Part 2 visits filming locations in Coweta County, south of Atlanta. The focus on this tour are locations from The Walking Dead Seasons 2 & 3, Zombieland, and Pet Sematary 2. The locations visited during part 1 are in downtown Atlanta and featured in The Walking Dead Season 1 and Zombieland.
- Are there any age restrictions for those wanting to take the tour?
- All ages are welcome! There is no minimum age for the tour. Every guest must purchase a ticket - NO EXCEPTIONS. . Guests 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Do you make provisions for handicapped guests?
- Yes. We want everyone to enjoy themselves. There are portions of the tours that occur on foot, but all surfaces should be safe for wheelchairs. The bus is not equipped with a lift and we ask that you notify us in advance if there are special arrangements needed.
- What should I wear?
- Be advised that you will literally be walking in the very places where zombies and other stars walked. Please wear comfortable walking shoes. You will thank us later. While it’s a new bus, its A/C tends to be a bit bi-polar so please bring a pull-over if you tend to get cold.
- May we tip our guide?
- Of course! If you think your guide was incredible, we absolutely encourage tips.
- Are tickets refundable?
- No, tickets are non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled.
- How much walking is involved?
- We do about a quarter mile of walking on this tour. There is some slightly rough terrain, but nothing too severe.
- Do we enter the prison or farmhouse?
- No. The farmhouse is owned by a family and our policy is to not take guests to private residences, out of respect for the families that live there. The prison is in the studio, and we will not be going there either. However, I promise you a tour that will make you very, very happy!
- How large are the luxury coaches?
- Our coaches seat between 30-50 passengers. We chose coaches that would encourage plenty of Q & A with our guides.
- What does the 'transportation' extra include?
- The round trip transportation includes transportation between the ending location of the Big Zombie Tour Part 1 (Atlanta) and the start of the Big Zombie Tour Part 2 (Senoia). You will be returned to the starting location in Atlanta at the end of your Big Zombie Tour Part 2.
- Where does the transportation leave from?
- The round trip transportation begins and ends at the Atlanta Movie Tours storefront - 327 Nelson Street SW, Atlanta, GA 30313. Please note that this is the ending location of the Big Zombie Tour Part 1. You are more than welcome to use the round trip transportation if you are not attending the Big Zombie Tour Part 1 - you just need to be at this location at 12:30pm.
- May I bring my own refreshments?
- The coaches are stocked with water and we try to stop at least once for a restroom/refreshment break. There is no eating or outside coolers allowed on the bus.
- Will I see a star?
- You never know who you might run into. Bring a camera and be prepared. We ask that you only take stills. Thanks in advance.
- How can I become an extra in movies and then become one of your awesome guides?
- Great tips are here: http://www.squidoo.com/become-a-movie-extra-in-atlanta. What’s filming, wrapped and how to become an extra so check it out!
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Can I book a group or custom tour?
- Absolutely! To inquire about a group or custom tour, please contact us directly by clicking the "Contact ATLMovies" link on the left hand side.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to tour. We leave PROMPTLY on time.
- You must arrive 30 minutes prior to the tour leaving to check in. This should give you plenty of time to find us, use the restroom and do a little shopping before your tour leaves. WE DO NOT HOLD THE TOURS FOR LATE ARRIVALS. To ensure you can find us, please visit our Tips page for directions to our shop.
Atlanta Movie Tours
We have been featured in:
Conde Nast Traveler
Atlanta Journal Constitution
Walking Dead Locations
Air Tran GO Magazine
Whether you are in town for a convention, vacation or family reunion, Atlanta Movie Tours has something for everyone!
Atlanta Movie Tours is the first of its kind in Atlanta and you can trace the footsteps of your favorite television and movie characters as you board a luxury coach to all your favorite film locations. Our entertaining tour guides have been on these sets and will give you the inside scoop and exclusive behind-the-scenes stories, plus the chance to walk away with trivia prizes!
Whether you are a fan of the classics, rom-coms, reality t.v., zombies or films in general, this is the tour for you! Not to mention it’s some of the best sightseeing out there with some hidden spots even locals don’t know about! It’s also the perfect tour for convention groups, family reunions and corporate team-building.
As movie & television fans ourselves, we are thrilled that so many productions have fallen in love with our beautiful city and state. To be able to share Atlanta with visitors through Atlanta Movie Tours is icing on the cake! ~Carrie Burns & Patti Davis, co-founders