Over 5,000 happy guests can't be wrong!
Tour some of the most iconic undead locations from our luxury coach. We love zombies, so join us on this 3-hour tour of the best zombie hangouts including locations from:
- The Walking Dead, S2 & 3
- Pet Sematary 2
This is an ever-changing tour, so you never know what you might see!
What Is Not Included?
- Snacks and beverages
- Guide gratuities are not included but are greatly appreciated
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|PattiPeach||Sun, Sep 28 2:30 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
I cannot recommend these tours highly enough. They really add a whole other level of enjoyment to the show. My only criticism is that they should show the videos of the scenes featuring the locales before and not after visiting the particular locations - that would definitely enhance the experience.
Amazing Tours! Highly Recommended!
|band_geek81||Sun, Sep 28 2:30 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
I took tour #1 on 9/27 with Kathryn, and tour #2 on 9/28 with Michael. I would highly recommend both of the tours to any diehard Walking Dead fan! The tour guides were prior walkers on the show and the knowledge and insight they shared were the cherry on top. We stopped at multiple filming locations, including several spots that only the tours had exclusive access to, and the bus used was very comfortable. The tours are constantly evolving to show new sites, and I would take them both again if given the opportunity.
So much fun!
|tink7755||Sat, Sep 27 2:30 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
This tour is great for any walking dead fan! Four of us fans drive 14 hours to check out zombie 1 & 2 tours both were great! Our your guides were so much fun and informational and have stared on the show! We had a small group of 30 zombie nerds who all enjoyed the trip! Now more then ever I'm looking forward to the new season to start. We have already made tentative plans to go back! It was well with the long drive and lack of sleep to get there! I highly recommend it to anyone of any age!
Fun and Informative!!
|brv1113||Sat, Sep 27 2:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Was well worth the trip we made and the ticket price! The tour guides were friendly, funny and full of information!! Be sure to go by the Walking Dead Store before the tour (closed by the time you get back) they have some great stuff.
|mikespears||Fri, Sep 26 2:30 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
I enjoyed it very much. before the tour I was a little worried that the tour would be just places I could have drove to on my on, but I was pleasantly surprised. Some of the places we went were locked and wouldn't have had access to without being on the tour. I would recommend this tour to all Walking Dead fans
It was really good.
|pollyafan||Sun, Sep 21 2:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
It was great getting to see so many things. It makes it convenient that the locations shot close by. If you could give more information in regards to the studio. Personal stories are great, but it would have been nice to get a little more inside on Season 5. I will be looking to do the Atlanta one as well.
|Jasonsoto||Sat, Sep 20 2:30 PM||Male||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Everything about the zombie tour was excellent. Just a real highlight of any trip
|KarenKleck||Sat, Sep 20 2:30 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Had a blast. Tour guides were awesome and very friendly. Had the best time!
|Axdline||Sat, Sep 20 2:30 PM||Male||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Just as cool as the the first tour. going to do this every year.
creates zombie cravings
|rdtaylor1||Sun, Sep 14 2:30 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Individual|
I had a wonderful time with our zombie tour guides, seeing all the sites from the show and learning background info on events. Made my mouth water wanting more. I could hardly control myself for wanting to see more. I will truly be in DTs until show starts!!!
- Do I have to puchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is highly recommended as tours often sell out. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance.
- How is The Big Zombie Tour, Part 2 different from the Part 1 Tour?
- The Big Zombie Tour, Part 2 visits filming locations in Coweta County, south of Atlanta. The focus on this tour are locations from The Walking Dead Seasons 2 & 3, Zombieland, and Pet Sematary 2. The locations visited during part 1 are in downtown Atlanta and featured in The Walking Dead Season 1 and Zombieland.
- Are there any age restrictions for those wanting to take the tour?
- All ages are welcome! There is no minimum age for the tour. Every guest must purchase a ticket - NO EXCEPTIONS. . Guests 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Do you make provisions for handicapped guests?
- Yes. We want everyone to enjoy themselves. There are portions of the tours that occur on foot, but all surfaces should be safe for wheelchairs. The bus is not equipped with a lift and we ask that you notify us in advance if there are special arrangements needed.
- What should I wear?
- Be advised that you will literally be walking in the very places where zombies and other stars walked. Please wear comfortable walking shoes. You will thank us later. While it’s a new bus, its A/C tends to be a bit bi-polar so please bring a pull-over if you tend to get cold.
- May we tip our guide?
- Of course! If you think your guide was incredible, we absolutely encourage tips.
- Are tickets refundable?
- No, tickets are non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled.
- How much walking is involved?
- We do about a quarter mile of walking on this tour. There is some slightly rough terrain, but nothing too severe.
- Do we enter the prison or farmhouse?
- No. The farmhouse is owned by a family and our policy is to not take guests to private residences, out of respect for the families that live there. The prison is in the studio, and we will not be going there either. However, I promise you a tour that will make you very, very happy!
- How large are the luxury coaches?
- Our coaches seat between 30-50 passengers. We chose coaches that would encourage plenty of Q & A with our guides.
- What does the 'transportation' extra include?
- The round trip transportation includes transportation between the ending location of the Big Zombie Tour Part 1 (Atlanta) and the start of the Big Zombie Tour Part 2 (Senoia). You will be returned to the starting location in Atlanta at the end of your Big Zombie Tour Part 2.
- Where does the transportation leave from?
- The round trip transportation begins and ends at the Atlanta Movie Tours storefront - 327 Nelson Street SW, Atlanta, GA 30313. Please note that this is the ending location of the Big Zombie Tour Part 1. You are more than welcome to use the round trip transportation if you are not attending the Big Zombie Tour Part 1 - you just need to be at this location at 12:30pm.
- May I bring my own refreshments?
- The coaches are stocked with water and we try to stop at least once for a restroom/refreshment break. There is no eating or outside coolers allowed on the bus.
- Will I see a star?
- You never know who you might run into. Bring a camera and be prepared. We ask that you only take stills. Thanks in advance.
- How can I become an extra in movies and then become one of your awesome guides?
- Great tips are here: http://www.squidoo.com/become-a-movie-extra-in-atlanta. What’s filming, wrapped and how to become an extra so check it out!
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Can I book a group or custom tour?
- Absolutely! To inquire about a group or custom tour, please contact us directly by clicking the "Contact ATLMovies" link on the left hand side.
Atlanta Movie Tours
We have been featured in:
Conde Nast Traveler
Atlanta Journal Constitution
Walking Dead Locations
Air Tran GO Magazine
Whether you are in town for a convention, vacation or family reunion, Atlanta Movie Tours has something for everyone!
Atlanta Movie Tours is the first of its kind in Atlanta and you can trace the footsteps of your favorite television and movie characters as you board a luxury coach to all your favorite film locations. Our entertaining tour guides have been on these sets and will give you the inside scoop and exclusive behind-the-scenes stories, plus the chance to walk away with trivia prizes!
Whether you are a fan of the classics, rom-coms, reality t.v., zombies or films in general, this is the tour for you! Not to mention it’s some of the best sightseeing out there with some hidden spots even locals don’t know about! It’s also the perfect tour for convention groups, family reunions and corporate team-building.
As movie & television fans ourselves, we are thrilled that so many productions have fallen in love with our beautiful city and state. To be able to share Atlanta with visitors through Atlanta Movie Tours is icing on the cake! ~Carrie Burns & Patti Davis, co-founders