Discover the beauty of the Arizona desert while riding a Segway in the heart of Scottsdale - the JW Marriott resort!
The Segway is the world's only self-balancing personal transporter and gets up to 450 MPG! If you live in town or are just visiting, come take the Desert Ridge Discovery Tour and learn how to ride the awesome Segway PT on the grounds of the JW Marriott resort.
- The use of all new Segway PT's with LeanSteer Technology (the handlebar tilts left and right in response to you body's natural inclination to lean into the direction you want to travel).
- An easy and interactive experience! The experience of doing our Segway Tour at JW Marriott Desert Ridge will be something new, fun, exciting & futuristic - go fast, go slow, go anywhere. This is not the transportation of tomorrow, it's the transportation of today.
- Tons of photo opportunities along the way - bring your camera!
Each of our tours begins with a 30 minute orientation session. We will practice on the Segways until everyone feels comfortable and is ready to discover all that Desert Ridge has to offer!
Segway riders need to be at least 16 and over 100 lbs.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|Garydove||Fri, Aug 29 8:30 AM||Male||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Enjoyed the short ride into the Sonoran desert despite myself and my son taking hard falls to the ground. Both of us were bruised and cut. Just remember - the desert is full of mounds and potholes so beware especially if you are moving at 12 miles an hour. But we all had a good time under instructions from Devon.
Great first time experience
|Lynn9Sakata||Sat, Aug 23 5:00 PM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
This was the first time the four of us have used a Segway. Very nervous at first but the instructors were very good at making us feel at ease. Riding in the desert was the best part. We would recommend this tour to everyone from beginners to experienced riders. Thank you for making an uncertain experience fun and entertaining.
Lots of fun
|chriscal||Thu, Apr 17 2:00 PM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
It's a bit like riding a bike and takes a little practice to get used to since your body actually drives it - it's like an extenision of your body. You have to stay very alert at all times - but it is a lot of fun to go zipping around trails, downtowns, etc. Definitely a unique experience worth trying. Our guide was terrific and everything about the experience was enjoyable.
Lots of fun and a great tour
|scifimike||Fri, Apr 4 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
My wife and daughters went on the Desert Ridge Discovery Tour. Devon was a great instructor and leader. After some initial instruction, we were able to ride and navigate the Seways with relative ease. The tour in the desert was great and learned about plants native to the area. We also got plenty of time to ride and have some fun. In all, it was a great time and we would do it again. We highly recommend the tour.
Loved it all! Loved Tiffany and loved our tour.
|blondpoupon||Mon, Mar 24 10:00 AM||Female||60-69||Local||Other|
Everything was perfect. Went on the Tempe Lake tour last time, this time the Desert Ridge.....and hopefully soon on the Scottsdale tour. I want to buy one too!!!
Fun, fun, relaxing fun!
|wsegarra||Sun, Nov 10, 13 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
We had a wonderful time!
|Skipper123||Tue, Jan 29, 13 10:00 AM||Male||60-69||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
We had a very enjoyable tour and the training we received prior to the tour enabled us to handle the Segway safely even though we are in our 60's. The only suggestion we have is to have more signs showing people where to go to line up for the tour because we wandered around for a while before we found the spot.
|rlc250||Tue, Jan 8, 13 2:00 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Great tour guige. Great food. Will return with more guests.
|robertfowler||Thu, Nov 29, 12 10:00 AM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Our guide was so good.
I would highly recommend it to anyone.
|Rohrman1||Fri, Nov 2, 12 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
Tiffany was a great instructor. Only thing I would say it to make the rider a little longer. Other than that, it was great.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended, as tours often sell out quickly. To maximize your chance of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. You can do this using only Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Who can ride the Segway?
- Although riding a Segway is relatively easy, all riders be at least 16 years of age (an adult or guardian must accompany children under 18). Also, riders should have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance. The Segway is not appropriate for those weighing under 100 pounds or over 265 pounds.
- I have children in my group that are under 16 years old. Can they still come on the tour?
- No, unfortunately children under the age of 16 are not permitted on the tour for safety reasons.
- Do I have to sign a waiver?
- All Segway riders must sign a liability waiver before participating. Riders under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign for them.
- What happens if it rains?
- If it rains, Segways are water resistant and we will provide ponchos, so we should still be able to go out. In the event that severe weather forces us to cancel, you will be able to reschedule your tickets subject to availability or receive credit for a future tour.
- Are pregnant women allowed to attend?
- Unfortunately, for safety reasons, pregnant women are not allowed to participate on Segway tours.
- How long are we actually on the Segway?
- The training takes about 30 minutes, so the tour will last for about an hour.
- Do Segways have the ability to store bags, purses?
- We have the ability to transport necessary items i.e. cameras, medications, etc. Segway of Scottsdale is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- How do I learn to ride a Segway PT?
- All customers are required to take a 20-30 minute hands-on training session to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience. Riders are trained on Segway PT operation and emergency stops. All riders are required to wear a safety helmet.
- How safe is the Segway PT?
- The utmost care and research has gone into ensuring that the Segway PT is safe. The Segway PT's balancing technology is truly revolutionary and provides an exceptional riding experience. The Segway PT has redundant systems and sophisticated alerts built into its design, and many thousands of hours of use have demonstrated that the Segway PT is safe when used appropriately. It is important that Segway PT riders understand their responsibility to ride safely. Proper skill level and understanding of the Segway PT prevents injuries caused by loss of control or misuse.
- What's the difference between the morning and evening tours?
- The evening tours (which only run sometimes in the summer months) are timed so that you will see the sunset, and can take advantage of the cooler times of the day. Otherwise the tour routes are exactly the same!
- What is the Gen2 Segway Personal Transporter (PT) i2?
- On Monday, August 14, 2006, Segway released their second generation personal transporter (PT) with the model name i2. This machine utilizes new technology called LeanSteer which allows the rider to lean in the direction he/she would like to turn. The Segway keys have also been updated to include wireless capability.
- How fast can the Segways go?
- The Segway can go up to 12.5 mph, and we will allow you to go up to maximum speed on the tour. The tour route is a very safe environment with plenty of open space!
- How many people are in a tour group?
- We can have anywhere from 6 to 25 people in one group.
- I am a local - will I still enjoy the tour?
- Absolutely. Even if you're from the area, you will get firsthand experience of touring Desert Ridge, learning its history and seeing things you haven't seen from a unique perspective and in a way you've never tried before!
- Are food and drink available? What about souvenirs?
- There will be snacks and drinks available for purchase at the store (the starting point of the tour). T-shirts and ball caps are also available for purchase at the store. We will not stop along the route to purchase anything, though.
- How will I hear the tour guide’s commentary?
- Each rider will be provided with a top of the line headset unit, making it easy to hear the information being offered by the guide and guaranteeing an optimal tour experience.
- Will we go inside any of the locations?
- No, the tour is conducted entirely outdoors. We will, however, have many opportunities to take photos along the way!
- Are restrooms available?
- Yes, a restroom will be available at the store at the start of the tour, and then at a rest stop about 20 minutes into the tour portion (50 minutes after the start time).
- Are rentals available?
- Unfortunately Segway rentals are not available. Try a tour instead!
- Can I arrange for a private/corporate/business event?
- Yes, we offer private group tours, up to 25 Segways, for corporate functions and private events. For more information, please click on the "Contact AZSegway" link.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Contact AZSegway" link.
- Can I buy a Segway?
- Yes! Segway of Scottsdale does offer Segway sales and service. Please click on the "Contact AZSegway" link and let us know what you're interested in.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must meet age and weight requirements.
- All Segway riders must be age 16 or older and those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian. Each rider must weigh at least 100 pounds and no more than 265 pounds.
- All participants must sign a waiver.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver before taking the tour. Participants under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the waiver for them. Helmets are also required and are provided at no additional charge.
- Not suitable for pregnant women.
- Unfortunately, for safety reasons, pregnant women are not allowed to participate on Segway tours.
Segway of Scottsdale
When you’re looking for a thrill of a lifetime, Segway of Scottsdale has got the ideal tour for you! Our guided Segway tour will get you up close and personal with the Desert Ridge points of interest, and unlike a walking tour, you’ll cover much more ground as you effortlessly “glide” from place to place.