Once again, Urban AdvenTours will be providing bike rentals for the citywide bike festival, which takes place on Sunday, September 23, 2012.† All rentals include a high-quality bike, lock, and helmet, and bikes can be picked up the day before the event or the morning of from our shop at 103 Atlantic Ave.
To receive the discounted rate of $30, bike rentals must be reserved more than a week prior to the event. The rate for bikes reserved after Saturday, Sept. 15th is $35.†
>>Please note, you must register for Hub on Wheels before purchasing your rental<<
To reserve a bike, please call us at 617-670-0637.
While you're at it, don't forget to join UA's team when you register for Hub On Wheels! Just search for "Urban AdvenTours" when you register!
What Is Not Included?
Purchase of a rental does not include registration for the event.† You must register separately through Boston Bikes.
- What is the Hub on Wheels?
- Hub On Wheels is Boston's largest city-sponsored sporting event. The ride is fully supported and safe, with three routes: 10, 30, or 50 miles. All proceeds will go towards helping Boston Public School Students get the technology and the skills they need to succeed in today's world. You must register for the event on the Hub on Wheels website before purchasing your rental.
- How do I register for the Hub on Wheels event?
- The Hub on Wheels event is likely to reach capacity, so it is required that you register for the event before securing your bike rental with Urban AdvenTours. You can register for the event on the Hub on Wheels website: www.hubonwheels.org.
- How long is the Hub on Wheels ride?
- There are three different routes to choose from when you register on the Hub on Wheels website; 10, 30, or 50 miles.
- Can I bring children on the ride?
- Yes, but cyclists must be 10+ years to ride the 10 mile loop, 12+ years to ride the longer loops. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Am I required to sign a waiver?
- Yes. It is a requirement that all individuals renting a bike with Urban AdvenTours agree to sign a waiver. If you are under the age of 18, your parent or legal guardian must sign for you.
- What if there is rain or inclement weather?
- Hub on Wheels will run regardless of weather conditions. Please dress appropriately for the day's weather.
- When can I pick up my rental?
- You can either pick up your rental the evening before or the morning of the event.
- Where can I return my rental?
- You may return your bike to our shop after the ride is finished.
- What happens if a bike is lost or stolen?
- The customer is liable for the bicycle and will be responsible for the full retail cost of the bike rented.
- When does the Hub on Wheels ride begin?
- The ride begins at 8:00am and departs from City Hall Plaza.
- When does the Hub on Wheels ride end?
- The ride will end around 2:00pm at City Hall Plaza.
- Are food and water provided?
- Water and snacks are available at all rest stops and the finish. Lunch may also be purchased after the ride at the City Hall Plaza Expo.
- What if I get tired and can't finish the ride or I get hurt?
- If you absolutely cannot finish, flag down a volunteer to coordinate transportation. Marshals will find you.
- What if I get a flat tire or have problems with my bike?
- Tech support is available at all rest stops and on the plaza. Ride Marshals can also provide tech support.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- You must register for the Hub on Wheels event before purchasing your rental.
- The Hub on Wheels event is likely to reach capacity, therefore it is strongly recommended that you secure your spot at the event before purchasing your rental.
- Participants must sign a waiver at the start of the tour.
- Upon arrival participants must sign a waiver before riding. Participants under 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign for them.
Our bike tours cover more ground than a walking tour, and provide an up-close and personal view of the city not possible on a bus. Weíre TripAdvisor.comís #1 rated Boston activity for a reason! And for those who want a rental, but donít want to travel to our shop in the North End, the famous BioBus can deliver bikes right to your hotel.
Whether you take in one of our daily Boston tours, enjoy one of our quality bike rentals, or organize a company biking event with Urban AdvenTours, you are guaranteed to have a 'wheely' good time!