Choose from the Adventure Cat, our 55’ Catamaran for up to 48 passengers, or the Adventure Cat II, a luxury catamaran for up to 99 passengers. We offer a variety of event options, including:
- School Field Trips
- Whale Watching
- Corporate Events
- Scatterings at Sea
- Holiday Parties
- Weddings on the Bay
To plan your event, or for more information on pricing and options, please click on the "Contact this Seller" link.
- How do I book a private charter?
- Click on the "Contact AdventureCat" link to ask questions, get more information and to make arrangements for your group's event.
- Do you serve food or drinks on board?
- We have a number of different food and beverage options available that we'd be happy to discuss with you, ranging from light hors d'oeuvres to more substantial meals. You can also choose from a wide range of beverage choices, including an open bar.
- Can I bring my own food or drinks?
- All food and beverage consumed on board must be provided by Adventure Cat. Exceptions may be made for special occasion items, such as a wedding cake, birthday cake, etc.
- What should I wear?
- We usually advise you to wear jeans, a tee-shirt or sweatshirt, tennis shoes and take a jacket. If it’s a special occasion, you can always get all dressed up. We do have jackets on board, but yours are much more stylish.
- What if I forget a jacket and it gets cold?
- We have some jackets on board that you are welcome to use. This is on a first come first serve basis
- Will I get wet?
- If you’re outside on the trampoline nets, there is a pretty good chance you’ll get wet. If you really don’t want to get wet, you can stay in the cabin. With a 360 degree view, you won’t miss a single thing.
- Are there bathrooms aboard the boats?
- Yes, there is a clean bathroom on both boats.
- Do you have life jackets for kids and adults?
- Yes, we have life jackets available on board for each passenger on board, both kids and adults.
- Will I get seasick?
- Probably not. People seldom get seasick because of a catamaran's inherent stability.
- What's the difference between a catamaran and a REAL sailboat?
- A catamaran has two hulls instead of one. The result is a more stable ride like a Rolls Royce compared to a Dune Buggy. A catamaran is more stable and doesn't heel (lean) over like a monohull.
- Can I choose which ship to go on?
- You can choose from the Adventure Cat, our 55’ Catamaran for up to 48 passengers, or the Adventure Cat II, a luxury catamaran for up to 99 passengers.
- How fast do the boats go?
- Under sail the Adventure Cats make an average speed of 8-12 knots. Whereas a monohull treads through the water, catamarans skim over the surface.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Private Charters may be cancelled due to unsafe weather or conditions.
- Private charters usually run in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but Adventure Cat may cancel the charter up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If Adventure Cat cancels the event, event coordinators will be contacted and alternate plans discussed.
Adventure Cat Sailing Charters
Jay, Pam, and Hans spent 18 months building the Adventure Cat catamaran by themselves!
Adventure Cat sails have been featured in The Tribune-Review and The Napa Valley Register, Latitude 38 and Where Magazine.