Whether you’re new to town or an old timer, we have some "spirited" entertainment for you! Our Howlpharetta Ghost Tour is a 2 hour walking tour of historic, downtown Alpharetta, GA. This tour features great storytellers that combine the actual history of particular spots with their spooky counterparts. We love to have a good time, get scary and bring eerie Alpharetta history to life!
Highlights of the tour include:
- Masterful storytellers that combine real life with spooky small town folklore
- Descriptive narrative about the legends and ghosts of Milton Avenue
- An exclusive visit to Resthaven Cemetery at night
Things you need to know:
We are not paranormal investigators, however our guides are local historians. We are also not a full costume, theatrical tour, but we bring fun, entertaining stories to the mix!
*Note- Some information on this tour may be too scary for younger children. We recommend ages 13 and up, but it is always at your discretion. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a consent form signed by their parent or guardian. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
What Is Not Included?
- How can I purchase tickets?
- To purchase tickets simply click the "Buy Tickets" button at the top of the page, or call Zerve at (800) 979-3370.
- Do you require advance ticket purchase?
- Yes, tours often sell out. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance when possible. Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Can I cancel or reschedule my tour?
- Once purchased, the tickets are non-refundable. However, we do understand things come up, and we are able to reschedule you with 24 hours notice (subject to availability).
- What happens in bad weather?
- Tours run regardless of weather conditions. (Rain or Shine!) If there is a rare event such as a tornado, we will be down in the cellar with Aunt Em. No, honestly, in the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event due to extremely severe weather, you will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability). Make sure you provide a good contact number when you reserve your tickets so that we can contact you about a rare severe weather cancellation. If we do not call you to cancel, it means the tour is still on- and your guide will be waiting for you.
- How much do you charge?
- The cost for all ages is $15 for the HOWLpharetta Ghost Tour. The ticket price does not include gratuity for your guide.
- Where do the tours meet?
- Tours begin off of Milton Ave. The exact meeting location will be provided in an email after the purchase.
- How long do the tours last?
- Approximately 2 hours, but sometimes can run a little shorter or longer depending on pace, questions, etc.
- Is there parking available?
- Yes, there is plenty of free parking in downtown Alpharetta. Make note of signs and stay clear of residential areas.
- Are restrooms available?
- Unfortunately, no. There are no restrooms located on the tour route. Please be aware of this while consuming your beverages, so that you may comfortably enjoy the entire tour. It could take up to two hours before the completion of our adventure. Murphy's Law of restrooms: If there isn’t one in sight, you will need to go. Please make sure you take a bathroom break before arriving.
- Will we see any ghosts on the Howlpharetta Ghost Tour?
- We used to... but all the werewolves ate them. Seriously, the answer is maybe. We joke, but we allow everyone to make their own conclusions. We certainly don’t have the answers to this world or the next, but we can tell you about creepy true life events that connect to some pretty spooky experiences. And our guests will be the test...can you make it through the entire tour without feeling or seeing something you can’t explain? You never know what might happen! *Disclaimer – This tour is for entertainment purposes only. This tour does not represent the views of Alpharetta Tours, LLC or its employees. Nothing is meant to defame anyone alive or dead. These stories are based on folklore, legends, and collections of stories of individual accounts. Alpharetta Tours, LLC cannot be held responsible for information being completely accurate or current, due to the nature of this field.
- Is it true that if you carry a flashlight a ghost won’t bother you?
- That depends on how fast you carry the flashlight.
- How much walking is involved?
- This tour lasts 2 hours and we walk around downtown, mostly on paved sidewalks. The cemetery has a paved roadway as well. The tour pace is medium, but there are many stops along the way. Some areas have an incline up or down. We cannot slow down or stop, due to our schedule. As with any physical activity, if you have any health concerns, please consult a physician before taking the tour. We recommend comfortable shoes and appropriate weather dress. Leg warmers are funny too.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible or for other physical disabilities?
- We travel on public city areas so, yes. Please remember however, that some of the streets are uneven, have an incline and some places have stairs, so additional navigating and planning may be required. It is also dark for many parts of the tour. Please contact us by clicking on the "Contact AlphaTours" for any specific questions, or to check our route map in advance to make necessary arrangements.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Absolutely! In fact, we recommend that you bring a camera as we never know what we’ll see in the photos, especially in Resthaven Cemetery. We do ask that you share with us anything interesting by email! We’d love to post your photo on our website and give you (and the ghost) the fame you deserve! Just don’t ask for our help when the paparazzi start calling. *Disclaimer: Any photos you submit to Alpharetta Tours, LLC may be used on our Website, Facebook, Twitter or any social media or marketing materials that we choose and become the property of Alpharetta Tours, LLC. Please remember when submitting pictures. (This is also included on our participant waiver which must be signed before attending our tours.)
- Should I tip my guide?
- If you had a good time, we really appreciate it. It’s appropriate and it helps keep the lanterns on.
- Is the Howlpharetta Ghost Tour appropriate for children?
- Not really. This is a tour for adults. (PG-13) Honestly, children tend to get bored with us, even if the material was appropriate. We talk about murder, suicide, true crime and ghosty scares. However, we do not jump out and physically scare you. You can make your own decisions... but we will not refund or reschedule because the material is too scary or difficult. You purchase tickets at your own risk. In the event that a minor attends, they must be accompanied by an adult and an adult must sign a waiver for the minor. Although be warned: if you bring your child and they ask “Are we there yet?” they will be fined $3 for every occurrence. Please use your best judgement.
- Are these tours just for tourists?
- No! In fact, we’ve had long-time residents tell us they learned a lot of fun, new information during our tour. It’s a great date night, girls night out or history lesson for residents and also a fun attraction for those “visiting” our city, just ask the ghosts. It’s also a great fund raising activity for a group!
- What should I bring on the tour?
- We recommend a flashlight for night tours (we have a lantern, but some places are pretty dark), your signed waiver/s, cash for a possible guide tip, camera/smart phone for pictures, comfortable shoes, and an umbrella/raincoat (weather dictating). You are welcome to bring something to drink, but keep in mind that there will be 2 hours before you can access a restroom.
- Are dogs allowed on the tour?
- No. We love our furry friends but, no dogs are allowed on the regular tour. Don’t be a scaredy cat though, every dog has its day! One time per month we have a Furry Fright Night where you can bring your dog on our ghost tour (a leash is required). Please be sure your dog plays well with others and is not afraid of loud noises. (We can have screamers!) Check our schedule for dates and times.
- Will we go inside any buildings?
- Not on any current tours. We will be walking on public property the entire length of the tour, except when we go into Resthaven Cemetery, which is open during the day, but we have special permission to go inside at night. Most of our locations are either private residences or businesses that are closed during the time of our tour, therefore to respect their privacy we will not be going in. However, we have exclusive permission from all of the owners to talk about everything discussed on the tour. The majority of our haunted stories come from the owners or tenants of the buildings themselves. Check back with us to see where will be entering on future tours!
- When does Alpharetta Tours operate?
- We are a year-round tour company, with most of our tours on the weekends. Always check our schedule for dates, times and upcoming special events!
- Why the waiver?
- Alpharetta Tours, LLC requires that all tour attendees sign and turn in a waiver before we begin. We ask that you print it from our website and bring it with you, but if you forget, we will have additional copies on hand. We ask this because lawyers and insurance tell us too. No, seriously...because anything can happen during a live event and we cannot be responsible for your actions.
- Are you paranormal/supernatural experts?
- No and we do not claim to be experts. We enjoy a good old fashioned ghost story, ghost hunting is fun and orbs make our hair stand on end! We are well researched on the phenomenons of this nature and would be happy to answer any questions that we can, but Alpharetta Tours is in the “Walking and Talking” business, not ghost busting. We’ll leave that to the experts, like Dr. Peter Venkman. If you like stories and exploring in the dark, we promise it will be a good time!
- Do you offer group rates?
- Yes. We offer group rates to groups of 10 or more. Please click the "Contact AlphaTours" link to the left of the page to inquire about a group rate.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Yes, for groups of 10 or more. Please click "Contact AlphaTours" to the left of the page for more information.
- Do you have gift certificates?
- Yes. Please click the "Contact AlphaTours" link to the left of this page to inquire about gift certificates.
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants MUST sign a waiver before attending each activity.
- Each participant will be required to sign a liability waiver before the start of the tour. If possible, please print the waiver from our website and turn it into the guide upon arrival. The URL to the waiver will be provided on the e-ticket. Minors under the age of 18 must have the waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
The original walking tour company in Alpharetta, Alpharetta Tours offers exclusive info about many spots downtown. Alpharetta Tours is the ONLY walking tour company in historic Alpharetta and has owner permission to tell you about local ghosts, haunts and legends. We are also authorized to visit Resthaven Cemetery through our HOWLpharetta Ghost Tour™.
More than just ghost tours, we offer a variety of morning and evening tours, taking you on an adventure, while still giving you southern hospitality you’re expecting. Alpharetta Tours is just a short drive from Atlanta, with plenty of home town appeal to welcome you.
Our guides set us apart! You'll be enthralled with their master storytelling skills as real life is combined with small town stories. We know you will be satisfied with our product. Whether you’re a local interested in seeing Alpharetta in a new way or just looking for a fun night out while visiting, an Alpharetta Tours walk is for you!