The following is included with the price of each ticket:
- Transportation to Graceland from downtown Memphis
- An audio-guided tour of the Graceland mansion
- Access to Elvis' two custom private jets
- Admission to the Elvis Presley Automobile Museum
- Admission to "Sincerely Elvis", a memorabilia museum
- Special changing exhibits, shopping, and restaurants at the Graceland Visitors Center.
Already have your Graceland ticket but need to get there? Choose our transportation only ticket (Adult-T, Child-T, Free-T).
What Is Not Included?
Also, please note there is no live music on this tour. (For a musical tour of Memphis, please see our Memphis Mojo Tour, the Extended Mojo Tour, or the Hound Dog Tour.)
- Why should I take this tour instead of going to Graceland on my own?
- An adult platinum pass normally costs $37 and parking is $6 at Graceland. For this slight additional cost, you get transportation to and from the downtown area where most hotels are, and your professional guide will delight you with insider stories about Elvis on the half hour trip to Graceland and back.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance in order to guarantee your spots on the tour. All hotel pick-ups must be arranged in advance. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, book well in advance!
- Can children go on the tour?
- We love children! Children between the ages of 7 and 12 have a reduced priced ticket. Children under 7 can come on the tour for free but also must have a secured ticket.
- What happens if it rains?
- The tour will run rain or shine. As we are usually in the bus or inside, rain should not be a problem. In the event of unsafe or severe weather that would force us to cancel the tour, you would be able to reschedule subject to availability or receive credit for a future event.
- If the tour is sold out can I get on a waiting list?
- Unfortunately we do not have waiting lists for our tours. Check another date and time, or check out our other offered tours!
- How much time will we spend at Graceland?
- We will spend 3 hours at Graceland itself. It will take half an hour to get there and half an hour to come back!
- Can you pick me up near my hotel?
- We pick up from 4 convenient locations in downtown Memphis: (1) Downtown Marriott, 250 N. Main St.; (2) Courtyard Downtown, 75 Jefferson Ave.; (3) Peabody Hotel, 149 Union Ave.; (4) Backbeat Tours Ticket Window, 140 Beale Street. Staying at another downtown hotel? Here are the closest pick-up locations to you: (1) Comfort Inn - pick-up Courtyard (2 blocks); (2) Crowne Plaza - pick-up Marriott (across street); (3) Doubletree - pick-up Peabody (across street); (4) Hampton Inn - pick-up Backbeat Tours Ticket Window (2 blocks); (5) Holiday Inn - pick-up Peabody (across street); (6) Madison Hotel - pick-up Peabody (3 blocks); (7) Residence Inn - pick-up Peabody (2 blocks); (8) Sleep Inn - pick-up Courtyard (1 block); (9) Springhill Suites - pick-up Courtyard (2 blocks); (10) Westin - pick-up Backbeat Tours Ticket Window (2 blocks)
- How much walking is involved?
- That is entirely up to you. When we get to Graceland, you will be free to roam the grounds on your own.
- Where does the tour end?
- The tour will end exactly where it began!
- Is this tour guided?
- During the trip to Graceland on a Backbeat bus, you will have a real local Memphis musician as your guide, who will sing you Elvis tunes and tell you funny stories about the king. Your three hours at Graceland will not be guided, however; you will be free to visit Graceland as you choose and see whatever attractions interest you most. The trip back to downtown Memphis will also not include a guide.
- Who will my tour guide be?
- You will not be guaranteed to have any particular tour guide on the tour. Your tour guide will accompany you on the way to Graceland and perform your favorite Elvis tunes aboard the Backbeat bus, and then leave you to explore Graceland on your own. All of our guides are certified, professional, local musicians and will provide you with a fun, unforgettable experience!
- Should I tip my tour guide?
- If you enjoyed the trip, tips are highly appreciated!
- What is the difference between your tours?
- The Graceland tour takes you up to Graceland and provides you with a platinum pass so you can see all it has to offer! Our Hound Dog tour is very focused on Elvis, his life, the secrets behind the King's persona, and includes a guided tour of Sun Studio. The Mojo tour is a more general overview of Memphis; we visit all the major areas (including a brief stop at Sun Studio), learn all about the different genres of music so famous in Memphis, and more. The Friday and Saturday Mojo tours include a one-hour guided tour of Sun Studio. We also offer a daytime walking tour of Historic Memphis, and an evening walking tour of Haunted Memphis.
- Are there any foods or beverages on the bus?
- There are no foods or beverages served on the bus; however, there are some beverages available at the meeting location. Water and sodas are $2, and beer is $4.50. Plenty of foods and beverages are available at Graceland as well!
- What kinds of food and beverages are available at Graceland?
- Graceland has several restaurants including the Chrome Grille, which offers Southern food and barbecue; Rockabilly's Diner, which has traditional diner foods and a fifties theme; and Shake, Split & Dip, an old fashioned ice cream parlor (open from Memorial Day through Labor Day).
- Can I bring my own food and beverages on board?
- Yes! You can bring any foods, alcoholic, or nonalcoholic beverages you would like on the bus. Keep in mind that you will not be able to bring alcoholic beverages into Graceland!
- What should I bring with me on the tour?
- We recommend that you bring cash in case you'd like to purchase souvenirs at the Graceland gift shops. Bring your camera, but most of all, bring good spirits! Keep in mind that you may not store any personal items on the bus during your visit to Graceland, so bring minimal belongings!
- Can I bring an instrument or sing along?
- Yes! Feel free to bring an instrument with you if you feel so inclined. The more music the merrier!
- Which bus will we be going on?
- We have two buses at Backbeat - our vintage bus, "Miss Clawdy", and a newer bus that is just as comfortable. No particular bus is guaranteed for any tour.
- Are there restrooms on the bus?
- No, there aren't restrooms on either of our buses. However, there are restrooms at Graceland!
- Is there assigned seating on the bus?
- Nope! Seating is first come first served.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- If you have a collapsible wheelchair and have limited mobility, we should have no problem accommodating you. Please click on the link to "Contact Backbeat" to let us know what you need. If you have a non collapsible wheelchair and no mobility, unfortunately our buses are not equipped to accommodate you.
- Is the bus heated or air conditioned?
- Both of our buses are heated on cold days and air conditioned on hot days. You will be comfortable for the duration of the trip there and back!
- Do you offer private group tours?
- Yes! If you are interested in chartering our bus for a private group event, please click on the "Contact Backbeat" link for more information.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
In addition to the Graceland Tour, Backbeat Tours also offers an Elvis based Hound Dog Tour, a Mojo Tour that explores hidden Memphis sites, a walking history tour of downtown, and even a tour of haunted Memphis. Check out all these one-of-a-kind tours today!