Watch big cat keepers feed tigers, leopards, cougars and more while observing from just a few feet away. As you walk around the sanctuary with our feeders your guide will tell you about the cats on the feeding route, their diets, and how they hunt in the wild.
The Feeding Tour includes:
- Watching the wild cats being fed and learning about their diets.
- The diet consists of chunks of beef, chicken and a ground diet.
This tour is a great follow up to a regular Day Tour. On the Day Tour you will see a greater selection of cats representing all of the species residing at the sanctuary.
The tour is available on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 4:30pm – 5:30pm. Space for this program is extremely limited, so advanced booking is required. Participants in the Feeding Tour must be 10 years of age or older. If you would like to shop in the Trading Post Gift Shop, please come well ahead of schedule as the shop closes before you return from the Feeding Tour.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Loved the Feeding Tour
|Brea1996||Wed, Sep 10 5:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Loved the Feeding Tour...Willow was very knowledgeable just wish we could of seen the Lions....sure did hear them but just a picture would of been awesome...did not think you should have to pay for two tours just to see them....Other than that it was awesome.
Great experience for all ages
|mjboucher||Wed, Sep 3 5:30 PM||Female||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
I REALLY apreciate my visit to Big Cat Rescue last week. We learn about this attraction in the AAA Florida Tourbook. This accredited sanctuary deserves more visibility because it saves and protects big cats. I saw that the organization is really concern about their big cat's health and happiness. We took a feeding tour as a first visit and since we were the only two on the tour, it was almost private! Willow provided us so much informations about the cats we saw and informed us about their diet, spécifications and their history too. My boyfriend and I enjoyed it so much that we are planning to go back everytime we'll travel to Florida. I highly recommand Big Cat Rescue to everyone, not only cats lovers :)
Over the Top Experience Up Close and personal!
|lancenbecatt||Fri, Aug 8 5:30 PM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
I have been enjoying the Big Cat Rescue for years. This is the first feeding tour I have been on. My staff bought tickets form me and my other half for Christmas 2013. I wanted to share the experience with my family when they came on vacation from Chicago so I purchased 5 more tickets for them. 2 adults, 2 teenagers and on 12 year old and of course us. We were all so impressed with the care, the expertice, and the understanding of each of the Cats' personalities and needs to care for them individually. Wow. The family is still texting me pictures a week later with rave reviews attached. Our first visit was rained out so we had to reschedule. All I can say is the folks at Zerve are teeeerrrrrriiiffffic also. Thanks for your service in making this an experience we will never forget.
Another Great Visit to BCR
|Meb1563||Wed, Aug 6 5:30 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Individual|
This tour was very enjoyable. If a big cat can show appreciation, I think they did over and over as they were fed. These cats are so well cared for and it's nice to know that they will live out their lives in such a nice place. I am a regular donor and I think that it's such a worthy cause. I will definitely be back.
|MGasparini||Wed, Aug 6 5:30 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Went to BCR for my daughter's birthday and. Had a fabulous time. Would definitely go again
complete waste of money
|rssmith71||Wed, Jul 30 5:30 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
We paid for the feeding tour absolutely horrible idea, they guides hurry you through as they are trying to go home, myself and other spectators where hurried barely able to take pictures , they dont even take you through half of the site, i would have rather just made a simple donation knowing my money was for a cause but i felt fooled by watching these ppl work and i couldnt even see the majority of the cats we paid to see. the idea is great but the tour details are horrible , better luck to other ppl on vacation
|rrobles||Sat, Jul 26 5:30 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
My hubby and I loved the experience and am happy the money goes right back to the cats!
The feeding tour is awesome!
|jeffjackson6||Fri, Jul 11 5:30 PM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
If you like the regular tour then you will love the feeding tour. It is well worth the money. You will get to see each different of species of cat fed on the tour. The tour guides are knowledgeable and dedicated. They will answer all of your questions. It was fun for us to see how playful the big cats are during feeding time. I highly recommend this tour to all!
|SeleneHulber||Sat, Jul 5 5:30 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Other|
The tour guides were very informative
Wish I could work at BCR!
|jwwhiley204||Wed, Jul 2 5:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
The feeding tour at Big Cat Rescue is AMAZING. It met and succeeded my expectations. The sanctuary is educational and enlightening for animal lovers. The staff have an obvious love for the big cats. We got to see one of the leopards "stalk" the staff member who was feeding him that evening! You will be reminded that these are not pets! Be sure to shop before the tour, wear good walking shoes, bring along a great camera, and take a bottle of water. If I lived near a sanctuary like BCR, I would change my career today.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is required, and tours do sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day that you prefer, please book well in advance! Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Is there an age limit?
- Children under 10 years of age are not permitted due to the dangerous nature of this tour. Kids 10 years of age or older are welcome to attend. We do not make exceptions, no matter how well behaved you think your child is; only ages 10 and over on this tour. All attendees must purchase a full-price ticket. All attendees must purchase a full-price ticket.
- Can I bring food or toys for the cats?
- No, the cats' diet is specific to their needs, and we do not allow foods to be given to the cats that have not been approved by our vet and maintained under the most stringent quality controls. We also do not give our cats toys that could cause harm if ingested, so we do not permit toys other than those from our own preselected vendors.
- Do you sell food or drinks at the sanctuary? Is there a place to have lunch before the tour?
- Yes, we offer drinks and snacks on site, but you are welcome to bring your own, for your consumption only. You will not be allowed to provide the cats food, treats or toys.
- Can I take pictures during my tour?
- YES! You are welcome to take photos and/or videos during your tour.
- Do I have to stay with the group, or can I wander?
- The only way to see the cats is on a guided tour, so you will not be able to wander away from the group.
- Are there restrooms?
- Yes, but we strongly suggest that you go before you get here because we have limited facilities and are on septic systems which cannot handle a lot of volume if there has been recent rain. There is a McDonald's right at the corner of Easy Street.
- What if it rains?
- The Feeding Tour will still go out in light rain as long as there is no lightning. If there is thunder or pouring rain, we may try to wait it out. If not, we will offer to refund or reschedule tickets.
- Can I bring my pet?
- Is there a charge for parking?
- Parking is always free and there is generally plenty of it. During our busiest times in November, December and March it can be limited, but we will help you park at no additional fee.
- Are you ADA compliant? (Handicap accessible?)
- If you are unable to walk for two hours, we have golf carts available for an additional $10 per person riding. Our paths are not paved, so wheel chairs are hard to push, but scooters do well. There are no seats along the tour paths.
- How do the golf carts work? Are they offered on every tour?
- On some tours (but not all), we offer seats on a golf cart for guests who have difficulty with mobility. Each cart can hold 3 guests plus the driver. The cart will follow the tour guide closely so that guests can hear the narration. Depending on different circumstances, these seats can sometimes be booked in advance, but otherwise they are first come-first serve.
- Do you have a gift shop?
- Yes we do! The Trading Post Gift Shop is right here at our location.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Yes! To inquire further, please click on the "Contact BigCatRescue" link on the upper left hand side.
- What does the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement state?
- The Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement states that all buyers understand and agree to 1.) the potential dangers associated with attending Big Cat Rescue and the rules in place to prevent such dangers from occurring and 2.) the Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which states that Big Cat Rescue cannot be held responsible for any harm, injury or damage taking place at Big Cat Rescue. Please visit https://www.votervoice.net/BCR/campaigns/30112/respond to view the agreement in its entirety.
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must be 10 years of age or older.
- Children under 10 years old are not permitted due to the dangerous nature of this tour. Children 10-17 years old are welcome to attend as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- There is no smoking allowed at Big Cat Rescue.
- We do not allow smoking at Big Cat Rescue, except in the parking lot.
- All participants must agree to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement.
- By purchasing tickets you are agreeing to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which appears in its entirety at https://www.votervoice.net/BCR/campaigns/30112/respond. The waiver web address also appears on your e-ticket if you would like to review the waiver later.
Big Cat Rescue
Big Cat Rescue has 14 species of cats, many of whom are threatened, endangered or extinct now in the wild, including: Tigers, Lions, Leopards, Cougars, Bobcats, Lynx, Servals, Ocelots, Caracals, Jungle Cats, Leopard Cats, a Geoffroy Cat and Hybrids!
The non-profit organization is:
- Accredited by the Global Federation of Sanctuaries
- Certified by Independent Charities of America as a “Best in America Charity”
- Member of the World Society for Protection of Animals
- Rated 4 Stars by Charity Navigator (their highest rating) and has one of the highest scores of any animal based charity