Our regular Day Tours are a great way to see the animals , but you never know if you will be on a tour with no other people or with a dozen other people. In some cases you may just not be able to make it at a regularly scheduled tour time.
You can also make your Private Tour a "Photo Tour"! Just mention your interest in the message you can include with your booking!
Because we try harder to make sure your donations go to the animals, rather than staff, we rely on volunteers to give the tours. To make it worthwhile to pull our volunteers from the very necessary work of caring for the animals to give you a private tour we charge for the first person and per additional person. Please select a date above and click "Buy Tickets" for current pricing information.
These tours are one hour long and you see the same things you would see on a regular tour. The difference is that you have the tour guide all to yourself and you can see the cats that most interest you as well as have the opportunity to linger to take photographs. You can take photos and videos on all of our tours, but must keep up with the group. On Private Tours, you choose the route and pace.
For our Private Tours, you must buy tickets in advance.
Private tour with the Founder Carole Baskin are available as well! Click Buy Tickets for current pricing information. These tours are the same duration as the regular private tours (1 hour) and you see the same things you would see on a regular tour. The only difference is that you have the Founder, Carole Baskin as your guide.
You can buy gift certificates for these Founder or Private Tours as well!
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|dmthomas16||Fri, Oct 24 10:00 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Worth the extra money for the private tour. Will definitely do this again with my niece and nephew. The animals are amazing beautiful creatures and the big cat rescue is doing a great job.
|Hboeasy||Sun, Sep 28 2:00 PM||Male||50-59||Local||Couple on a Date|
Des was wonderful! Very knowledgeable.
Best time I ever had.
|Mchaykow||Sat, Aug 30 3:00 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
I luv the animals, people, sanctuary, n just everything bout BCR was great
Visit of the Lions and Tigers.
|MURVAG||Fri, Jul 18 9:00 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
We had a private tour at the Big Cat Rescue July 18, 2014. Our Tour Guide, Jennifer, was a professional who had been with the facility for a long while and was an expert on bot the facility setup and the animals. She was very patient with us and allowed many photos and videos to be made. It was a thrilling experience and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn what we (as humans) are doing to help the innocent animals in our world.
Knowledgeable one-on-one time
|BRenee||Mon, Jun 16 10:00 AM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
The assistant who took me on the tour was very pleasant and had a good deal of experience with most of the cats. I would highly recommend that summer visitors go as early in the day as possible since the cats get sleepy and prefer to lounge in the shade and hide when its warm.
Big Cat Rescue Rocks!
|freedydr||Mon, Jun 2 11:00 AM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
The good people at BCR are fighting the good fight for exotic felines in need. Keep up the good work, BCR! Roar!
|crlynsher||Sat, May 31 2:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
The knowledge and care of the animals is clear from the moment you arrive. What a beautiful experience! I hope to return one day.
We had a great, informative visit with a good guid
|gentrylee2||Tue, May 27 11:00 AM||Male||70+||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Our five year old son Francesco is passionate about animals, especially members of the cat family. The private tour of Big Cat Rescue was his favorite activity on our Florida vacation, even more memorable for him than the Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom at Disney World. Our guide Karma was pleasant, knowledgeable, patient with our five year old. I would heartily recommend this tour to anyone who cares about endangered species, large cats, or the environment.
Very informative tour.
|bentley2256||Fri, May 23 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Local||Other|
Was very happy that this is a sanctuary. These cats ore unfortunately unable to live in the wild and they deserve a life that is as close as possible to life in the wild. Thank you for allowing people to come to see these magnificent beings. I loved every minute of it!
|kubecj||Wed, May 7 11:00 AM||Male||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
This is a close as you can get to animals which finally found their home after being 'retired'. Seen many of them, heard lion roaring, talked with tiger and a cougar, it was really strong experience.
- Do I have to buy tickets in advance for the private tour?
- Advance purchase is required, and tours do sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day that you prefer, please book well in advance! Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Can children come on Private Tours?
- Yes, children of any age may come on Private Tours at the same adult rate above of $65 per additional child.
- Do you have strollers?
- We do not provide strollers and our paths are earthen, so they can be very difficult to push unless they are made for rough terrain.
- Can I bring food or toys for the cats?
- No, our diet is specific to their needs and we do not allow foods to be given to the cats that have not been approved by our vet and maintained under the most stringent quality controls. We do not give our cats toys that could cause harm if ingested so we do not permit toys from outside our own preselected vendors.
- Can I take pictures during my tour?
- YES! You are welcome to take photos and/or videos during your tour.
- Do I have to stay with the group, or can I wander?
- The only way to see the cats is on a guided tour, so you will not be able to wander away from the group.
- Are there restrooms?
- Yes, but we strongly suggest that you go before you get here because we have limited facilities and are on septic systems which cannot handle a lot of volume if there has been recent rain. There is a McDonald's right at the corner of Easy Street.
- What if it rains?
- The Keeper Tour will still go out in a light rain as long as there is no lightning. If it is thundering or pouring rain, we may try to wait it out, or will offer a refund, or rescheduling.
- Can I bring my pet?
- Is there a charge for parking?
- Parking is always free and there is plenty of it except for our busiest times in Nov, Dec and March. During these busy times it is tight, but we will help you park at no additional fee.
- Are you ADA compliant?
- If you are unable to walk for two hours, we have golf carts available for $10 extra, per person riding. Our paths are dirt, so wheel chairs are hard to push, but scooters do well. There are no seats along the tour paths.
- How do the golf carts work? Are they offered on every tour?
- On some tours (but not all), we offer seats on a golf cart for guests who have difficulty with mobility. Each cart can hold 3 guests plus the driver. The cart will follow the tour guide closely so that guests can hear the narration. Depending on different circumstances, these seats can sometimes be booked in advance, but otherwise they are first come-first serve.
- Do my non-photographer companions have to pay?
- Everyone on the Private Tour must pay, even if they are not taking photos.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- What does the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement state?
- The Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement states that all buyers understand and agree to 1.) the potential dangers associated with attending Big Cat Rescue and the rules in place to prevent such dangers from occurring and 2.) the Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which states that Big Cat Rescue cannot be held responsible for any harm, injury or damage taking place at Big Cat Rescue. Please visit https://www.votervoice.net/BCR/campaigns/30112/respond to view the agreement in its entirety.
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- There is no smoking allowed at Big Cat Rescue.
- We do not allow smoking at Big Cat Rescue, except in the parking lot.
- All participants must agree to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement.
- By purchasing tickets you are agreeing to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which appears in its entirety at https://www.votervoice.net/BCR/campaigns/30112/respond. The waiver web address also appears on your e-ticket if you would like to review the waiver later.
Big Cat Rescue
Big Cat Rescue has 14 species of cats, many of whom are threatened, endangered or extinct now in the wild, including: Tigers, Lions, Leopards, Cougars, Bobcats, Lynx, Servals, Ocelots, Caracals, Jungle Cats, Leopard Cats, a Geoffroy Cat and exotic cat hybrids!
The non-profit organization is:
- Accredited by the Global Federation of Sanctuaries
- Certified by Independent Charities of America as a “Best in America Charity”
- Member of the World Society for Protection of Animals
- Rated 4 Stars by Charity Navigator (their highest rating) and has the one of the highest scores of any animal based charity