Visitors are sure to come away with an understanding of how spirits and shadows walk among us - hearing more than just "simple ghost stories", but also the real history and paranormal science that may explain them. There are plenty run-of-the-mill ghost tours in Charleston; enjoy something different!
See sights such as:
- Market Hall - a national landmark
- View strange ironwork and architecture
- 18th century alley used for dueling
- See historic churches and graveyards
This tour is only appropriate for those ages 13 or over.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- We highly recommend it. Tour group size is limited to 12 people. Tours often sell out. They only way to guarantee a spot is through advance purchase.
- Is this tour suitable for children?
- The Haunted Charleston tour is not suitable for children under 13 years (including infants) due to subject matter. This is more than just a "ghost" tour. Your Black Cat guides are also paranormal investigators. In addition to hearing the chilling and romantic stories of Charleston's most famous ghosts your Black Cat guide will also explore the explanation of how & why paranormal activity occurs. Modern quantum physics is changing how we view the ghostly world.
- Will I see a ghost on the Haunted Charleston tour?
- Probably not. A ghost tour should be entertaining and intriguing, but customers should have realistic expectations!
- How does Black Cat Tours differ than the other walking tours in Charleston?
- We can guarantee quality. Mark and Rebel are published authors, historians and paranormal investigators. Both are full time guides who have given more than 10,000 tours. Any tour booked with Black Cat guarantees a professional full-time guide.
- What happens when it rains?
- We will get wet. Tours will go rain or shine unless there are severe conditions which include: lightning, hurricanes, plagues of locusts, and an invading Yankee Army. Your Black Cat guide will make the final decision. Vouchers will be issued.
- How long is the tour?
- The Haunted Charleston tour is a 90 minute leisurely stroll of the historic streets and back alleys of downtown Charleston; it covers less than 10 blocks. There are a few short steps and some uneven sidewalks along our route. If that sounds strenuous then consider the tour as the beginning of your new exercise regime!
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- These are walking tours, and we often stroll down narrow alleyways and uneven sidewalks that are not always handicap accessible. Handicap tours are always available with proper advance notice. Contact us by clicking on the "Contact BlackCatTour" link to tell us about your situation!
- Can I bring a stroller?
- Since this tour is only appropriate for those ages 13 and up, no strollers are allowed.
- Where does the tour end?
- The tour ends in the same place it begins. Details on our meeting spot will be provided upon purchasing your tickets.
- Are there places to sit during the tour?
- The 90 minute walk includes several stops that include steps or low walls.
- Is there anything to eat or drink?
- Although food and drink are not included on the tour, there are numerous cafes and other places to grab a bite near our meeting spot. Bring some extra money with you just in case!
- Can I bring a pet on the tour?
- Yes, pets are allowed as long as they are well behaved and you pick up after them. All pets must be leashed and kept quiet as to not disturb other customers.
- Are there bugs?
- We are in the South and we occasionally might have some mosquitoes or other pests out and about. If you're prone to bug bites, bring some bug spray with you!
- Will we go inside any of the sights?
- No, we will visit many historic and interesting landmarks, but we will not go inside any of the locations featured on the tour. However, graveyards in Charleston are FREE to tour during daylight hours.
- Are private tours available?
- Yes, private tours are available for your party or group. To inquire about a private tour, please click on the "Contact BlackCatTour" link and let us know what you're interested in.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Unfortunately, at this time gift certificates are not available.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Participants must be age 13 or above.
- Because of the nature of the content on the tour, all participants must be at least 13 years of age.
Black Cat Tours LLC
She has been featured in the Telly Award winning Southern Haunts by Skydive Films, WTMA's Radio Free with Rocky D, Charleston City Paper, and Joshua P. Warren's paranormal radio show Speaking of Strange in Asheville, NC.