Jimmy is heading back to DC twice again this year! This year you can hop on the Boomerang Party Bus and arrive at your tailgate in style!
Get your Parrot Head friends together and make sure you don't miss this once a year event! If you have ever been to a Buffett concert you know it is an awesome experience. Leave the driving and "bus organizing" to us so you can focus on the party!
The cost of your Boomerang ticket includes:
- Transportation to and from the Concert
- Fun hang out time on the Boomerang Party Bus which comes with dancing poles, surround sound, hardwood floors, and an entire tiki / fiesta theme!
- A great place to tailgate, and an awesome "homebase"
- A chance to meet lots of other Buffett fans who are riding the Boomerang too!
- Storage under your seats for taigating items and goodies!
- A quicker exit out of the Nissan parking lot since officials usually let buses exit first.
The estimated time it will take to get to and from the concert depends on traffic.
What Is Not Included?
Beverages are also not included in your ticket price.
- If the bus is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, Boomerang does not keep a waiting list for our trips. Trips do sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- If Boomerang is running more than one bus when I want to go, how can I make sure I'll be on the same bus with my friends?
- If you are signing up with friends, we ask you to provide the approximate number of people you expect to sign up, and the name of the group "organizer," when you purchase your ticket(s). By providing this information, we will be able to assign you to the same bus as the rest of your group. Please keep in mind, however, that providing this information does not "reserve" your friend's space - we only ask for these details so that we can keep groups of friends together, and plan accordingly. Your friends' space is in no way reserved or guaranteed until they purchase their own tickets, and tours usually sells out quickly, so please tell them to book as soon as they can!
- Is there assigned seating on the bus?
- There is no assigned seating when we get started - it is first come, first serve. So, if you have a group, be sure to arrive early and board the bus promptly.
- What should I bring with me?
- You don't need much to ride the Boomerang. We have three coolers on the bus to store food and drinks. You can bring addtional items for tailgating as long as your items do not take up space for other passengers. Make sure to bring your money for food and drinks if you choose to have some in the concert , a valid ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued id). Please refer to the Nissan Pavilion website to see a list of what is and isn't permitted at and in the venue.
- Do I need a ticket to the concert to ride the bus?
- No you don't.
- Who will be on board during the trip?
- On every trip there will be employees of Boomerang Tours. There will be a licensed and experienced driver as well as one or two fun and outrageous party directors. Their job is to entertain you on and off the bus so that you have a great experience!
- Can I leave my belongings on the bus?
- Our driver stays on board the bus the entire trip to watch over everything to make sure nothing happens while you are having fun. However, he cannot remember which individuals go with which belongings, so please exercise care when deciding what to leave on board. Boomerang Tours is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Do I have to be over 21 years old?
- Riders on the Boomerang must be 21 years of age or older AND have a government-issued, valid ID available (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID).
- Will I be able to eat on the bus?
- You are allowed to bring food for the tailgate but there is no eating allowed while on the bus.
- What if someone gets out of hand?
- Well, let's hope everyone has a good time responsibly, but if someone becomes unruly or harmful in any manner to themselves, our guests, or our employees, we reserve the right to remove them or not allow them onto the bus. This rarely happens, but we will not hesitate to keep you safe and ensure your enjoyment.
- What if there is bad weather?
- ALL EVENTS ARE RAIN OR SHINE so bring the appropirate clothing. It is usually very warm this time of year so make sure you prepare yourself and bring some water.
- How long are we on the bus?
- The bus trip to the concert should take about one hour. Traffic and weather conditions may effect the travel time.
- Do I need to tip the party directors?
- We do not require you to pay gratuity but these individuals are working for you. If you feel they have done a good job then please be kind and tip them just as you would your bartender or waiter. They work very hard to make sure you have a great experience.
- Are there bathrooms on the Boomerang?
- There are no bathrooms on the Boomerang. We never have had a problem before though!
- Is the Boomerang wheel chair accessible?
- The Boomerang is not wheel chair accessible at this time, but we will try to make any accommodations to help a rider on the bus.
- Can I rent out the entire Boomerang bus for a private party?
- Yes, but you need to make arrangements in advance so we can close that night to the public. A lot of our groups, however, find that it's a lot more fun to join the other guests on one of our public tours to make the celebration that much larger (and cheaper for your group)! Our bus can hold up to 45 people. If you're interested in booking a private tour, please click on "Contact Boomerang" to the left of the page.
- What about drinking and driving?
- One of the reasons we created Boomerang Tours was to provide a safe way for you to enjoy the are without having to drive. Please help us by a) using the Metro or public other public transportation, b) always using a designated driver, and c) being responsible with your drinking. Your safety and enjoyment are important to us. We highly discourage anyone to drive to one of our events and drive home afterwards if you have been drinking. Drinking and driving is against the law.
- Are gift certificates available?
- No, unfortunately there are no gift certificates available for this activity. There are, however, gift certificates available for some of our other Bus Tours and Yacht Cruises and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please check out the Bus Tours and Yacht Cruises by clicking “List of All Activities” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must be age 21 or over with valid ID.
- Each attendee must be age 21 or older and have proper government-issued ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued id). Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
- Unruly guests may be required to leave the tour.
- All participants are asked to act responsibly. Boomerang reserves the right to remove anyone who becomes unruly or harmful in any manner to themselves, our guests, or our employees. Anyone removed will not be allowed back on the bus and will not receive a refund.
- You are responsible for purchasing your own tickets to the Jimmy Buffett Concert.
- Admission to the concert is not included in the cost of your ticket on the Boomerang. The Boomerang provides safe, fun transportation only.
Along with the original Nightlife Party Bus Tour of DC, Boomerang's first entertainment offering, we also organize Entertainment Excursions and special events around the DC area.
The Jimmy Buffett concert experience combined with the hassle-free fun of riding the Boomerang makes for a unique way to enjoy the day. So, sit back, relax and let us do the driving!