Ride the Boomerang party bus and let us take you aboard DC’s most fun party boat before visiting some of the city's best bars and pubs, lounges and clubs for dancing, mingling, and all night fun!
Riding the Boomerang instantly ensures a night you will remember! We've already taken care of all the arrangements so you will be treated to:
- An hour long party boat cruise on the Potomac River aboard the Nightingale with limbo, music, and margarita specials!
- Amazing views of the city from on board the boat! These include: the Georgetown Waterfront, the Watergate, the Kennedy Center, the Lincoln Memorial, the National Monument, the Jefferson Memorial, the Memorial Bridge, Roosevelt Island, and Reagan airport.
- Entrance into some of the city's best night spots with no cover charges!
- Boomerang drink specials at most of our stops
- Lots of dancing on board in between bars
- The opportunity to meet lots of guys & gals who are on board & at all the bars!
- A safe ride all night long
Friday nights, tours typically depart from a bar located near the Ballston Metro, in Arlington and from a bar in DuPont Circle (by request), DC. Saturday nights, tours leave from a bar located in Dupont Circle, in DC.
What Is Not Included?
- Is advance purchase required?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance in order to guarantee your space on the bus, and the Boomerang usually sells out well in advance. Please book early in order to get the date and time you prefer. If there happens to be a spot on the night of tour, we would be willing to sell a ticket on the spot, but we do not frequently have no shows.
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, Boomerang does not keep a waiting list for our tours. Tours do sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- If Boomerang is running more than one bus when I want to go, how can I make sure I'll be on the same bus with my friends?
- If you are signing up with friends, we ask you to provide the approximate number of people you expect to sign up, and the name of the group "organizer," when you purchase your ticket(s). By providing this information, we will be able to assign you to the same bus as the rest of your group. Please keep in mind, however, that providing this information does not "reserve" your friend's space - we only ask for these details so that we can keep groups of friends together, and plan accordingly. Your friends' space is in no way reserved or guaranteed until they purchase their own tickets, and tours usually sells out quickly, so please tell them to book as soon as they can!
- Which boat are we going on?
- We will be boarding the Nightingale boat which docks at the Georgetown Waterfront. This boat is owned and operated by Capitol River Cruises.
- Are we going on the boat in the beginning of the night or at the end?
- We will be cruising at the start of the night, before visiting some of DC's most fun bars and clubs.
- Will it get cold on the boat?
- The temperature out on the water is always 5 to 10 degrees cooler than on land, so be prepared! The boat is open air, so we suggest bringing layers, especially if you think you may get cold.
- What sights will I see while I am on board our party boat cruise?
- You will have an amazing view of the Georgetown Waterfront, the Watergate, the Kennedy Center, the Lincoln Memorial, the National Monument, the Jefferson Memorial, the Memorial Bridge, Roosevelt Island, and Reagan airport.
- Are there any dress codes that I should know about?
- We work with a long list of venues and many of the bars & clubs we visit will not allow guests in if they are wearing athletic sneakers, baseball hats, Timberlands, or athletic wear. These are not Boomerang policies, but those of the venues we visit.
- Will I be able to order food at the meeting location?
- Yes! Both of our meeting locations (for Friday and Saturday night tours) have full menus and great food. Lots of guests arrive early to enjoy a meal or appetizers before the trip begins! The Nightingale boat will also have some light snacks available for purchase. Meals, appetizers and drinks are not included in the cost of your Boomerang ticket as we do not provide any of those items. We do, however, secure the drink specials to cut down on your drinking costs!
- Which bars and clubs do we visit?
- We visit fun bars & clubs in all different neighborhoods on each trip. We continually rotate the hot spots we use so that you can have a unique and fun experience each ride. At each bar you will be able to talk, dance, and meet other fun people. Bars & clubs are not selected until departure time, so no advanced notice is available.
- Where does the tour leave from?
- Friday nights' tours depart from a bar in the Ballston area of Arlington, VA. Saturday nights' tours leave from a bar located near Dupont Circle, in Washington, DC. Exact meeting locations will be provided on your e-ticket, immediately after purchase. An additional pick in Arlington is available on Saturday nights if there is enough demand. Please email us for information if you're group is interested in this option.
- What exactly happens when we “check-in” at the start of the night?
- Once you check-in with your Boomerang Hosts, you will receive a Boomerang wristband and an itinerary of the bars & clubs we will be visiting that evening. You will need the wristband to board the Boomerang, and to receive the perks at all of our bars and clubs we visit throughout the night, including the one we meet in. You will also be told what time the group is boarding the Boomerang Bus to start the night’s adventure, so it is important to “check-in” as soon as you arrive at our starting location.
- What time does the Boomerang pick us up?
- The party starts each night at the start time (see schedule of events) with a kick-off party at our meeting spot. We will then depart about 30 minutes later to head to our next destination. You can arrive anytime during the first 20 minutes to check in. Please don't be late - the Boomerang does leave on time!
- If I want to bring beverages and other goods with me on the bus, how do I get them past the bouncers at the first bar for check in?
- Our partner bars are great about working with the Boomerang and our riders. They know that you will be carrying “goods” to bring on board and depending on what you are bringing with you, they may have you leave your goods outside with a bouncer. However, if your goods are in a bag and “out of sight,” they usually allow you to bring them in and store them in a designated area inside until it is time to board the bus. Either way, they know the scenario and are very accommodating! Please remember not to bring anything too big with you since our buses are usually full and you don’t want anyone’s belonging taking up space on the dance floor!
- Can I suggest or request my favorite bar or club?
- If you would like to suggest or request a specific bar or club please include this as a message to the Boomerang Team when you purchase your ticket. We can't guarantee a stop at this destination, but your feedback is valued.
- Can I drink on the bus?
- The Boomerang does not provide alcohol or any beverages on the bus. However, you will be able to consume alcohol you bring with you as long as you and every guest is 21 years of age. Please make sure to check state and local laws regarding the consumption and transportation of alcohol. You may NOT, however, bring your own alcohol into any of the clubs/bars or take drinks you have purchased inside a bar back onto the bus. If you bring your own alcohol on the bus, it must stay on the bus. You cannot exit the bus with any alcohol in your possession. Please also keep in mind that the bus is often full and we will not be able to store much on the bus (ie. coolers, bags). Glass is NOT allowed on board the Boomerang Party Bus, for your safety.
- What is in the bachelorette party bag that you sell?
- You and the girls absolutely have to come party with us for Her bachelorette party! Along with your tickets, be sure to purchase the Bachelorette Party Bag for Her, which comes with 1) The Dare To Do List (yikes), 2) Hot Pink "Grabber", 3) A Candy Necklace (you do know what that's for, right?), 4) A Feather Boa, and 5) The Boomerang Drinking Card Game. In the "Notes to Seller," please indicate the bachelorette's name for us, too.
- What should I bring with me?
- You don't need much to ride the Boomerang! Make sure to bring enough money for any food or drinks tha tyou wish to order, a valid ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued id), and a camera if you'd like. You should also bring a sweater and/or jacket in case you get chilly on the boat. Other than that, put your dancing shoes on, dress to impress and bring your best smile and you should be good to go! We have enough entertainment on the bus to take care of the rest!
- Do I have to be over 21 years old?
- Riders on the Boomerang must be 21 years of age or older AND have a government-issued, valid ID available (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID).
- Who will be on board the bus during the tour?
- On every trip there will be three employees of Boomerang Tours. There will be a licensed and experienced driver as well as two fun and outrageous party directors. Their job is to entertain you on and off the bus so that you have a great experience!
- Will there be bathrooms available throughout the night?
- Yes! Though there is no bathroom on the Boomerang, there will be bathrooms at all of our stops during the night, including on the boat. We should never be on the bus for more than 15 minutes or so between stops, so you shouldn't have any problems!
- Can I leave my belongings on the bus?
- Our driver stays on board the bus the entire trip to watch over everything to make sure nothing happens while you are having fun. However, he cannot remember which individuals go with which belongings, so please exercise care when deciding what to leave on board. Boomerang Tours is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Do I need to tip the driver and party directors?
- We do not require you to pay gratuity but these individuals are working for you. If you feel they have done a good job then please be kind and tip them just as you would your bartender or waiter. They work very hard to make sure you have a great experience.
- What if someone gets out of hand?
- Well, let's hope everyone has a good time responsibly, but if someone becomes unruly or harmful in any manner to themselves, our guests, or our employees, we reserve the right to remove them or not allow them onto the bus. This rarely happens, but we will not hesitate to keep you safe and ensure your enjoyment.
- What time does the Boomerang drop us off at the end of the night?
- The Boomerang usually leaves the last bar between 1:30 - 2:00am, returning you back safely to our starting location. You party host will give you all the important times that you’ll need to make sure you make it back on board at the end of the night. Please note that all of our starting locations are Metro accessible. We encourage you to take either the Metro, a taxi, or walk to your final destination safely. All Boomerang tours are designed to be Metro friendly to make you trip as easy and safe as possible. There are always taxis at the Metro stations, so even if you drove in to meet us, you don't have to drive home.
- What happens if it rains?
- Don't worry, we won't melt! Though the Nightingale boat is open air, in that there are no windows and you'll be out in the fresh air, you will also have a roof over your head! Trips with a little wetness have proven to be some the most memorable bonding experiences for our guests. (This all depends on attitude of course...)
- Is the Nightingale safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, there is are usually a couple of crew members on every trip to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water.
- How steady is the boat? Am I likely to get seasick?
- The Nightingale is a steady, gentle vessel. It is very rare for our guests to become seasick.
- Can I go on the tour alone or do I need a group?
- Either way is always lots of fun! We have many singles that come on board! Not only will you meet and interact with 41 others on the bus, but you will meet people at the bars too. If you do plan to come on with a group, make sure to buy your tickets plenty in advance because the trips do sell out.
- Can I rent out the entire Boomerang bus for a private party?
- Yes, you can purchase all the tickets for a tour. A lot of our groups, however, find that it's a lot more fun to join the other guests on one of our public tours to make the celebration that much larger (and cheaper for your group)! Our bus can hold up to a group of 40 people.
- Are gift certificates available?
- No, unfortunately there are no gift certificates available for this activity. There are, however, gift certificates available for some of our other Bus Tours and Yacht Cruises and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please check out the Bus Tours and Yacht Cruises by clicking “List of All Activities” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must be age 21 or over with valid ID.
- Each attendee must be age 21 or older and have proper government-issued ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued id). Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
- Unruly guests may be required to leave the tour.
- All participants are asked to drink responsibly. Boomerang reserves the right to remove anyone who becomes unruly or harmful in any manner to themselves, our guests, or our employees. Anyone removed will not be allowed back on the bus and will not receive a refund.
The Nightlife Party Bus & Party Boat Tour of DC, Boomerang’s newest entertainment offering, is a great way to spend an evening in the nation’s capital! The Boomerang Team makes the amazing nightlife hassle free, safe, and affordable for all to enjoy.
Whenever you join us, sit back & relax or stand up & dance while you let us do the driving. And wherever you go, we’ll ensure you’re treated like a VIP