Get ready as we fly around town to give Washingtonians quite a holiday surprise! Join us for our ugly sweater tour / Santa tour, and be prepared to spread some serious cheer throughout the city. Don't be a grinch, join us as we jingle and jangle throughout all different DC neighborhoods and find out who has been naughty or nice!
Regardless of which holiday tour you choose, celebrate the season with the Boomerang and enjoy:
- Drink specials at all the bars
- A taste of many different holiday celebrations
- A safe ride all day / night, with no expensive cab fares
- New friends on board and at all the bars
- Great music
- No cover charges!
- An excuse to wear that Santa outfit or ugly sweather you've been eyeing!
* Santa outfits, elf outfits, & ugly holiday sweaters are strongly encouraged, but not required.
What Is Not Included?
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, Boomerang does not keep a waiting list for our tours. Tours do sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- Are Santa Outfits required?
- This is our annual Santa Crawl, so we really hope that you will come dressed as Santa!! However, we will not ban you from the bus if you are not dressed like us. A little red would be appreciated though!
- Where can I find a Santa outfit?
- There are a list of websites and stores on our website to help you plan your ideal outift!
- What time does the Boomerang pick us up?
- We are meeting at 9pm and we will board the Boomerang at 9:30pm. Exact meeting location details will be provided upon purchasing your tickets.
- What time does the Boomerang drop everyone off?
- We will drop all guests off at the bar you started at around 2am.
- Which bars & clubs do we visit?
- On the Holiday Santa Crawl, the Boomerang will be visiting bars only--no clubs! They will include Kelly's Irish Times, Rhino Bar & Pump House, McFadden's and Rumors.
- Who will be on board during the tour?
- On every trip there will be three employees of Boomerang Tours. There will be a licensed and experienced driver as well as two fun and outrageous party directors. Their job is to entertain you on and off the bus so that you have a great experience!
- Will I be able to eat dinner on the tour?
- Yes! The meeting location to be disclosed to you upon purchase is a bar and restaurant with great food, so you can arrive early and have dinner before the trip.
- Do I have to be over 21 years old?
- Riders on the Boomerang must be 21 years of age or older AND have a government-issued, valid ID available (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID).
- How much money should I bring?
- This depends on how much you plan on eating and drinking!
- Can I leave my belongings on the bus?
- Our driver stays on board the bus the entire trip to watch over everything to make sure nothing happens while you are having fun. However, he cannot remember which individuals go with which belongings, so please exercise care when deciding what to leave on board. Boomerang Tours is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- How long are we on the bus?
- We will be on board about 15 minutes between bars.
- Do I need to tip the driver and party directors?
- We do not require you to pay gratuity but these individuals are working for you. If you feel they have done a good job then please be kind and tip them just as you would your bartender or waiter. They work very hard to make sure you have a great experience.
- What if someone gets out of hand?
- Well, let's hope everyone has a good time responsibly, but if someone becomes unruly or harmful in any manner to themselves, our guests, or our employees, we reserve the right to remove them or not allow them onto the bus. This rarely happens, but we will not hesitate to keep you safe and ensure your enjoyment.
- What about drinking and driving?
- One of the reasons we created Boomerang Tours was to provide a safe way for you to enjoy DC's nightlife without having to drive. Please help us by a) using the Metro, b) always using a designated driver, and c) being responsible with your drinking. Your safety and enjoyment are important to us.
- Is the Boomerang heated?
- Yes! The Boomerang is heated in the colder months.
- Is the Boomerang wheelchair accessible?
- The Boomerang is not wheelchair accessible at this time, but we will try to make any accommodations to help a rider on the bus.
- Are there bathrooms on the Boomerang?
- There are no bathrooms on the Boomerang, but we've never had a problem because you are on the bus no longer than 15 minutes at a time barring traffic. Our party directors will remind everyone before they leave each pub to use the bathroom if needed before re-boarding the bus.
- Can I go on the tour alone or do I need a group?
- Either way is always lots of fun! We have many singles that come on board! Not only will you meet and interact with 41 others on the bus, but you will meet people at the bars too. If you do plan to come on with a group, make sure to buy your tickets plenty in advance because the trips do sell out.
- If Boomerang is running more than one bus when I want to go, how can I make sure I'll be on the same bus with my friends?
- If you are signing up with friends, we ask you to provide the approximate number of people you expect to sign up, and the name of the group "organizer," when you purchase your ticket(s). By providing this information, we will be able to assign you to the same bus as the rest of your group. Please keep in mind, however, that providing this information does not "reserve" your friend's space - we only ask for these details so that we can keep groups of friends together, and plan accordingly. Your friends' space is in no way reserved or guaranteed until they purchase their own tickets, and tours usually sells out quickly, so please tell them to book as soon as they can!
- Is there assigned seating on the bus?
- There is no assigned seating when we get started - it is first-come, first-served. So, if you have a group, be sure to arrive early and board the bus promptly when we're ready to move on to the next location.
- What should I bring with me?
- You don't need much to ride the Boomerang. Make sure to bring your money for food and drinks if you choose to have some, a valid ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued id), and a camera if you'd like. Dress to impress in your best Santa or Mrs. Claus outfit, bring your best smile, and you should be good to go! We have enough entertainment on the bus to take care of the rest!
- Can I stay at one of the bars instead of getting back on the bus?
- Yes you can - however, you MUST let one of your guides know you will not be returning on the party bus. No refunds will be given if you choose to stay at one of our stops.
- What if I miss the bus at a certain location?
- If you should miss the bus at any of our stops, you can catch up with the group at the next location. You will have a phone number on your e-ticket that you can call during the tour if you happen to miss us. We try to do our best to make sure everyone gets back aboard the bus before our departure time, but we are not responsible if someone does not make it back on by our departure time.
- Can I rent out the entire Boomerang bus for a private party?
- Yes, you can rent out the bus or purchase all the tickets for a tour. A lot of our groups, however, find that it's a lot more fun to join the other guests on one of our public tours to make the celebration that much larger (and cheaper for your group)! Our bus can hold up to a group of 40 people.
- Are gift certificates available?
- No, unfortunately there are no gift certificates available for this activity. There are, however, gift certificates available for some of our other Bus Tours and Yacht Cruises and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please check out the Bus Tours and Yacht Cruises by clicking “List of All Activities” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- All participants must be age 21 or over with valid ID.
- Each attendee must be age 21 or older and have proper government-issued ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID). Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
- Unruly guests may be required to leave the tour.
- All participants are asked to drink responsibly. Boomerang reserves the right to remove anyone who becomes unruly or harmful in any manner to themselves, our guests, or our employees. Anyone removed will not be allowed back on the bus and will not receive a refund.
Boomerang Tours, Inc was created to make Washington, DC's amazing nightlife hassle free, safe, and affordable for all to enjoy.
The Boomerang's Holiday Santa Crawl & Ugly Sweater party are a holiday twist on an old favorite--the Nightlife Party Bus Tour, and it's a great way to spend a Santa-filled evening in the nation’s capital.
The Boomerang introduced Entertainment Excursions following the Nightlife Tour’s tremendous success and popularity, and these include limited editions of super fun activities such as crab feasts & pub crawls in Annapolis, tubing on the local rivers, spectacular regional winery tours, and hilarious scavenger hunts throughout the city.