Experience Virginia’s beautiful landscape as you taste local wine flavors along the way. During this relaxing all-day tour, you’ll:
- Sample some of the best wines in the region from unique and different vineyards
- Learn about the wine making process
- Spend over an hour at each winery
- Walk through the vineyards, and tour the barrel rooms
- Take in the scenery as you enjoy a bottle of your new favorite wine
- Bring your own lunch or purchase the winery's local breads, cheeses, jams, and salamis for a delicious picnic while you're there
- Sit back and relax or dance on board on your way home!
Remember: NAPA makes auto parts, Virginia makes wine!
What Is Not Included?
- Will I be able to eat lunch on the tour?
- Yes, there will be plenty of time to enjoy lunch throughout the day! We usually spend the most time at our second vineyard, and this makes for a perfect lunch destination.
- How much money should I bring?
- For groups over 8, most vineyards have a tasting fee $10-15 a person. These fees are not included in the price tour. We visit 2 different vineyards on each tour & you will receive an email with your itinerary a day or two before your tour in case you'd like a 'sneak peak' into where we are heading. You will also be able to purchase a light fare from a few vineyards that you can enjoy on the bus (or byou can bring a lunch). The price of lunch also is not included in the tour price.
- What should I bring with me?
- Feel free to bring anything you'd like with you; small coolers for your lunch, a blanket, picnic baskets, camera, bottles of water, etc. Our trips are usually sold out, so please don't bring anything too big. Don't forget to bring money for the wine tastings if you choose to have some, and a valid ID!
- Can I drink on the bus?
- Due to popular demand, limited amounts of mimosas are okay to bring for the bus ride out to the wineries. However, other than this, there is NO BYOB on our vineyard tours. You are welcome to drink the wine that you purchase at the vineyards on the Boomerang Bus. However, wine from the 1st winery is not permitted from moving off the bus and onto the grounds of the 2nd winery (this is VA law). The wineries are all very strict about this as their liquor license only covers their wines, and it is illegal to have anything other than their wines on their property. Wineries have told us that bus riders often try to sneak their own alcohol into the wineries, and many wineries have banned buses as a result. In addition, the wineries are also very strict about refusing to serve anyone who is intoxicated, so please taste with care. Thank you for taking this very seriously as enforcing these rules make our tours possible!
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, Boomerang does not keep a waiting list for our tours. Tours do sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- Do I have to be over 21 years old?
- Riders on the Boomerang must be 21 years of age or older AND have a government-issued, valid ID available (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID).
- If Boomerang is running more than one bus when I want to go, how can I make sure I'll be on the same bus with my friends?
- If you are signing up with friends, we ask you to provide the approximate number of people you expect to sign up, and the name of the group "organizer," when you purchase your ticket(s). By providing this information, we will be able to assign you to the same bus as the rest of your group. Please keep in mind, however, that providing this information does not "reserve" your friend's space - we only ask for these details so that we can keep groups of friends together, and plan accordingly. Your friends' space is in no way reserved or guaranteed until they purchase their own tickets, and tours usually sells out quickly, so please tell them to book as soon as they can!
- Who will be on board during the tour?
- On every trip there will be at least two employees of Boomerang Tours. There will be a licensed and experienced driver as well as one or two friendly party directors making sure you are having a good time. There will also be anywhere from 15-35 other riders enjoying the day as well!
- Is the Boomerang wheelchair accessible?
- The Boomerang is not wheelchair accessible at this time, but we will try to make any accommodations to help a rider on the bus.
- Are there bathrooms on the Boomerang?
- There are no bathrooms on the Boomerang, but you will be able to use the bathroom at any of our stops.
- Is the Boomerang heated and air conditioned?
- The Boomerang is heated in the colder months. It is not air conditioned, but our windows provide a great cool breeze!
- Can I leave my belongings on the bus?
- Our driver stays on board the bus the entire trip to watch over everything to make sure nothing happens while you are having fun. However, he cannot remember which individuals go with which belongings, so please exercise care when deciding what to leave on board. Boomerang Tours is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- How long are we on the bus?
- It takes us an hour to get to the first winery. We will spend about an hour at each winery, and a bit longer at the one where we stop for lunch. During the 15 or so minutes between each winery you will be entertained on the bus by your party directors, enjoy a few drinks from your purchased wine, while taking in the scenery of the Virginia wine countryside.
- Do I need to tip the driver and party directors?
- We do not require you to pay gratuity but these individuals are working for you. If you feel they have done a good job then please be kind and tip them just as you would your bartender or waiter. They work very hard to make sure you have a great experience.
- What if someone gets out of hand?
- Well, let's hope everyone has a good time responsibly. All of the wineries are very strict about refusing to serve anyone who is intoxicated, so please taste and enjoy, but also pace yourselves and no your limits. It is illegal for the vineyards to serve anyone who appears to be intoxicated, so moderation is a must. If someone becomes unruly or harmful in any manner to themselves, our guests, or our employees, we reserve the right to remove them or not allow them onto the bus. This rarely happens, but we will not hesitate to keep you safe and ensure your enjoyment.
- What about drinking and driving?
- One of the reasons we created Boomerang Tours was to provide a safe way for you to enjoy the are without having to drive. Please help us by a) using the Metro or public other public transportation, b) always using a designated driver, and c) being responsible with your drinking. Your safety and enjoyment are important to us. We highly discourage anyone to drive to one of our events and drive home afterwards if you have been drinking. Drinking and driving is against the law.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Can I rent out the entire Boomerang bus for a private party?
- Yes, but you need to make arrangements in advance so we can close that night to the public. A lot of our groups, however, find that it's a lot more fun to join the other guests on one of our public tours to make the celebration that much larger (and cheaper for your group)! Our bus can hold up to 40 people. If you're interested in booking a private tour, please click "Contact Boomerang" to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must be age 21 or over with valid ID.
- Each attendee must be age 21 or older and have proper government-issued ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID). Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
- Unruly guests may be required to leave the tour.
- Please act responsible. Boomerang Tours reserves the right to remove anyone who becomes unruly, heavily intoxicated, denied access/removed from a vineyard, or harmful in any manner to themselves, our guests, or our employees. Anyone removed will not be allowed back on the bus, will not receive a refund, and we are not responsible for belongings left on the bus due to your removal.
- No B.Y.O.B. allowed on vineyards tours.
- You are welcome to drink the wine you purchase at the vineyards we visit on board the Boomerang, but no other alcohol may be brought or consumed on board the bus.
Along with the original Nightlife Party Bus Tour of DC, Boomerang's first entertainment offering, we also organize Entertainment Excursions, special events around the DC area.
Virginia's fame for great wine combined with the hassle-free fun of riding the Boomerang makes for a unique way to see the region! So sit back, relax and let us do the driving!