Experience Virginia’s beautiful landscape as you taste local wine flavors along the way. During this relaxing all-day tour, you’ll:
- Sample some of the best wines in the region from unique and different vineyards
- Learn about the wine making process
- Spend over an hour at each winery
- Walk through the vineyards, and tour the barrel rooms
- Take in the scenery as you enjoy a bottle of your new favorite wine
- Bring your own lunch or purchase the winery's local breads, cheeses, jams, and salamis for a delicious picnic while you're there.
What Is Not Included?
- Will I be able to eat lunch on the tour?
- Yes, there will be plenty of time to enjoy lunch throughout the day! We usually spend the most time at our second vineyard, and this makes for a perfect lunch destination.
- How much money should I bring?
- For groups over 8, most vineyards have a tasting fee $10-15 a person. These fees are included in the price of the tour. We visit 2 different vineyards on each tour & you will receive an email with your itinerary a day or two before your tour in case you'd like a 'sneak peak' into where we are heading. You will also be able to purchase a light fare from a few vineyards that you can enjoy on the bus (or you can bring a lunch). The price of lunch also is not included in the tour price.
- What should I bring with me?
- Feel free to bring anything you'd like with you; small coolers for your lunch, a blanket, picnic baskets, camera, bottles of water, etc. Our trips are usually sold out, so please don't bring anything too big. Don't forget to bring money for the wine tastings if you choose to have some, and a valid ID!
- Can I drink on the bus?
- Due to popular demand, limited amounts of mimosas are okay to bring for the bus ride out to the wineries. However, other than this, there is NO BYOB on our vineyard tours. You are welcome to drink the wine that you purchase at the vineyards on the Boomerang Bus. However, wine from the 1st winery is not permitted from moving off the bus and onto the grounds of the 2nd winery (this is VA law). The wineries are all very strict about this as their liquor license only covers their wines, and it is illegal to have anything other than their wines on their property. Wineries have told us that bus riders often try to sneak their own alcohol into the wineries, and many wineries have banned buses as a result. In addition, the wineries are also very strict about refusing to serve anyone who is intoxicated, so please taste with care. Thank you for taking this very seriously as enforcing these rules make our tours possible!
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, Boomerang does not keep a waiting list for our tours. Tours do sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- Do I have to be over 21 years old?
- Riders on the Boomerang must be 21 years of age or older AND have a government-issued, valid ID available (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID).
- If Boomerang is running more than one bus when I want to go, how can I make sure I'll be on the same bus with my friends?
- If you are signing up with friends, we ask you to provide the approximate number of people you expect to sign up, and the name of the group "organizer," when you purchase your ticket(s). By providing this information, we will be able to assign you to the same bus as the rest of your group. Please keep in mind, however, that providing this information does not "reserve" your friend's space - we only ask for these details so that we can keep groups of friends together, and plan accordingly. Your friends' space is in no way reserved or guaranteed until they purchase their own tickets, and tours usually sells out quickly, so please tell them to book as soon as they can!
- Can I leave my belongings on the bus?
- Our driver stays on board the bus the entire trip to watch over everything to make sure nothing happens while you are having fun. However, he cannot remember which individuals go with which belongings, so please exercise care when deciding what to leave on board. Boomerang Tours is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- How long are we on the bus?
- It takes us an hour to get to the first winery. We will spend about an hour at each winery, and a bit longer at the one where we stop for lunch. During the 15 or so minutes between each winery you will be entertained on the bus by your party directors, enjoy a few drinks from your purchased wine, while taking in the scenery of the Virginia wine countryside.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must be age 21 or over with valid ID.
- Each attendee must be age 21 or older and have proper government-issued ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID). Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
- Unruly guests may be required to leave the tour.
- Please act responsible. Boomerang Tours reserves the right to remove anyone who becomes unruly, heavily intoxicated, denied access/removed from a vineyard, or harmful in any manner to themselves, our guests, or our employees. Anyone removed will not be allowed back on the bus, will not receive a refund, and we are not responsible for belongings left on the bus due to your removal.
Along with the original Nightlife Party Bus Tour of DC, Boomerang's first entertainment offering, we also organize Entertainment Excursions, special events around the DC area.
Virginia's fame for great wine combined with the hassle-free fun of riding the Boomerang makes for a unique way to see the region! So sit back, relax and let us do the driving!