Your guide will weave tales of the past with the interesting architecture and culture of Boston today.† We will take your input and interests and craft a tour especially for you and your group.† Starting and ending points will be arranged according to your interests and the specific tour requirements.
To set up a private tour, please contact us directly by clicking "Contact BostonWalks" to the left of the page.
What Is Not Included?
- The details of your specially created private walking tour will be sent to you by email upon request.
- This tour does not include snacks or drinks, although we will be happy to incorporate breaks or stops along the way.
- Admissions, if any, to any historic sites or landmarks are not included.
- How do I book a private tours through Boston CityWalks Tours?
- We would love to create just the right tour for you or your group. Please click on the "Contact BostonWalks" link to make arrangements!
- How long do the walking tours last?
- Custom Tours can last up to 3 hours, but can vary depending on your specific tour. Longer tours are also available and we can incorporate breaks.
- Do we walk at a leisurely pace?
- There's just so much to see and talk about on this tour that we do stop frequently. We promise not to overwork you!! But we also really want to show off so many wonderful places that you'll be sure to see alot! We try whenever possible to stop in the shade when it's hot and in the sun when it's cool. And where there are benches, we'll point them out.
- What specific Historic Sites will we see?
- This will depend on the sites you request. A list of landmarks and historical sites that we will cover based on your requests will be provided.
- What if I have a particular area of interest?
- Please let us know when setting up your private tour! If you have a particular area of interest, like history or architecture, we will likely be able to emphasize that area(s).
- Will we be able to purchase water along the way?
- On most tours, we will pass by street vendors selling drinks. We will stop there upon request.
- Will there be food available on the tour?
- Food is not included, but you may purchase a snack from a street vendor when we stop for drinks. We can incorporate food breaks in your custom tour if you let us know beforehand.
- Can I ask questions?
- YES!!! Questions are always welcome.
- Is the tour stroller accessible?
- Most of the tour is accessible to strollers and we do recommend them for small children. Please keep in mind, however, that many areas are uneven and there is one set of stairs, but you should be able to carry your children over these short distances.
- Is this tour wheelchair accessible?
- We pass through many old, historic areas with brick and cobblestone paving that can be uneven and make travel in a wheelchair difficult. However, we will do all we can to accomodate everyone in the group.
- How do I get back to my hotel after the tour?
- Your guide will give you specific directions following the tour. If either walking or taking the "T" subway are possibilities, your guide will describe both options for you. Maps will be provided upon request.
- Does the tour have anything to offer a native Bostonian?
- Absolutely! Boston is full of little known secrets and treasures. Its nooks and crannies provide a wealth of sights and stories that go along with them. The anecdotal history your guide will share with you is sure to add new nuances to what you thought you already knew. You'll see a side of the city you never knew existed!
- Are gift certificates available?
- Of course. You can reach Boston CityWalks with the "Contact BostonWalks" link.
- How do we handle Group tour purchases by Credit Card?
- This tour is typically set up so that the full amount is covered in one transaction. However, if it has been per-arranged, deposits can be done for half the amount with one purchase. The second purchase for the remaining half must be transacted before the tour date.
The Downtown Boston to Back Bay Tour is a particular favorite of folks who really want to get to know Boston. You not only see the famous Historic Sites, but you learn the history and happenings in context. And you get to to appreciate the beautiful architecture that spans the centuries from the 1700's to today. From Boston's oldest to the newest, you get to see it all!
Boston CityWalks also does customized tours to your specifications. These personalized walking tours are perfect for Weddings & Engagement Parties, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Reunions, Family Get-Togethers, Graduations, Business Meetings, Conventions and other Special Events.