- Walk along Brooklyn's historic 5th Avenue, where trendy boutiques line the streets.
- Learn the history of the borough's tallest building, the Williamsburg Bank.
- See the childhood home of the infamous Scarface, Al Capone.
- Explore Bathhouse No. 7, a historic early bathhouse from the 1900s.
- Admire the famous Arch of Grand Army Plaza.
- Stroll through Prospect Park and visit the longest meadow in America.
- See many of the over 200 species of birds that reside in Prospect Park.
- Eat at a real old fashioned Brooklyn pizzeria.
- Visit the Old Stone House where President George Washington's troops fought the British in 1776.
What Is Not Included?
- How much walking will we be doing on the tour?
- We will cover approximately 2 miles with many stops along the way, where you will hear descriptions and explanations of each stop. Make sure to wear sneakers or comfortable shoes.
- Will lunch be provided?
- You will have one slice of pizza in a pizzeria as part of the tour. If this is not enough food for you, make sure to either bring your own or bring money to purchase food along the way! You will also be provided a bottle of water at the start of the tour.
- Is there shopping on the tour?
- Although this is NOT a shopping tour, a small window of time will be allotted to browse the trendy boutiques along the way.
- What happens if it rains?
- The tour will take place rain or shine.
- Are tours only given in English?
- Tours will only be offered in English, with a fun twist of Brooklynese!
- How far from Manhattan is tour?
- The meeting spot for the tour is either 2 or 4 train stops into Brooklyn depending on which subway train you take.
- Will there be restroom stops along the way?
- There will be restrooms available at the pizzeria where we will eat lunch. If you need a restroom at any other moment during the trip, just tell your tour guide and accommodations will be made.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and tours often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. Cash is not accepted.
- Is there an age limit for the tour?
- There is no age limit for the tour; everyone is welcome!
- How long is the tour?
- The tour will take about three hours.
- Should I tip the guide?
- Tips are not required, but if you had a great time on the tour, they are much appreciated!
- Where does the tour end?
- The tour ends exactly at the same place it begins.
- Is the tour only for tourists?
- Not at all! The tour is very informative and can teach just as much to a native New Yorker as to a tourist who has never been to New York before.
- What is the maximum number of people on each tour?
- The tour is limited to 16 people in order to keep it an intimate experience.
- Can I bring my dog on the tour?
- We do not recommend that you bring any pets, but if you need to bring your dog, you will be required to leave it tied up when we are inside the pizzeria.
- If the tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- Unfortunately there is no waiting list for our tours. Check out another available time!
- Are gift certificates available?
- Gift certificates may be coming soon. Please click “Contact BrooklynTour” for more information.
- Can I schedule a private tour?
- Please click “Contact BrooklynTour” to the left of the page for more information on private tours.
A Tour Grows in Brooklyn
An expert on the history of New York, Rick founded a Tour Grows in Brooklyn to share with others the interesting historical , architectural and cultural aspects of this borough.
Whether you live in New York or are just visiting, this will be a new and unique experience for everyone!
As Rick loves to say, no visit to New York is complete without experiencing Brooklyn!