- Corporate Events/Outings
- Family Reunions
- Wedding Parties
- Team Building Events
- Special Occasions
- Foodie Groups
- Professional / Client Meetings
- Travel/Adventure Clubs
- Little Italy in Bloomfield Tour
- Mt. Washington Grandview Tour
- Lower Lawrenceville Tour
- TGIF with Wine Tasting Tour.
To book a private tour, please click on the "Contact BurghFoods" link on the left of this page and let us know what you're interested in!
- How do I book a private tour?
- Private tours are available for a special group rate. To inquire about private tours, click on the "Contact BurghFoods" link.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All guests participating in tastings must have a standard ticket.
- Children or infants who will not be participating in tastings may attend without a ticket, but please do let us know how many you will be bringing in a "Message to the Seller" above. Please note that the tour route is not wheelchair or baby stroller friendly.
'Burgh Bits and Bites Food Tours
In the early nineties she decided to explore her family’s European roots and headed for her father’s native country of Switzerland. Once there, what was meant to be just a few months' visit ended up becoming an eight year sojourn. During her time living and working in the "old country" Sylvia explored the myriad regions of Europe, from Alsacian vineyards to Greek beaches, Italian islands to French countrysides and everywhere in between - soaking up the unique sights, sounds and flavors along the way.
It seemed only natural then to combine a love of good food, an affection for the ‘Burgh and her skills as a tour guide into a specialized walking tour highlighting Pittsburgh’s Strip District’s best bits and tastiest bites. Sylvia currently resides west of Pittsburgh with her husband and their two children.