Tour Charleston's "The Ghosts of Charleston Two - Specters" is the newest, darkest and most sinister offering from Charleston's most renowned ghost tour provider. We pride ourselves on delivering tours based on factual evidence from years of scholarly research and first-hand accounts from Charleston's residents, our life-long friends and neighbors. We never employ actors or stage tricks to enhance the experience.
Discover dark, hidden vistas and the infamous tales of lost souls, murders, and executions. The content of this tour can be quite graphic, and may not be suitable for all children.
During the 80 to 90 minute tour, you'll visit:
- Marion Square
- The Old Citadel
- The King Street Area
- The Francis Marion Hotel
- The College of Charleston Campus
As seen on The History Channel, HGTV, CNN, The Wall Street Journal, Southern Living Magazine, USA Today, and Travel & Leisure Magazine, "The Ghosts of Charleston Two - Specters" is the only tour taking you to Charleston's sinister outer limits.
Come prepared to tour historic Charleston and take lots of pictures! After all, you never know what might develop.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and tours often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance.
- How much walking is involved?
- The tour lasts between 80 and 90 minutes with a few breaks for photo opportunities. We walk at a very leisurely pace.
- Will I see a ghost on the tour?
- While we can't promise you'll see a ghost on the tour, many supernatural occurrences have taken place over the years. This is a tour of Charleston’s most haunted places, so be prepared for anything…
- Is this an appropriate activity for children?
- Yes. "The Ghosts of Charleston" is our most appropriate ghost tour for children. We have discounted child tickets for guests between the ages of 4 and 12 years old. Children 3 years and under may attend free of charge. Keep in mind, however, that this activity contains eerie ghost tales and stories of death. If you feel that your child is very easily frightened, they may not enjoy the tour as much.
- What happens if it rains?
- The tour takes place rain or shine. In the rare event of severe weather conditions, we may contact you up to an hour before the tour about rescheduling possibilities. Otherwise, please dress appropriately for the day's weather.
- Can I take a stroller on the tour?
- Yes. But please keep in mind Charleston is a 300 year old city, so you may find it difficult to travel on the cobblestone and slate sidewalks with a stroller.
- How does this tour differ from your other tours?
- Like Charleston herself, all of our tours are very diverse. Each of our tours focuses on a different aspect of Charleston's history and culture and is a unique experience in of itself. Even our two ghost tours feature completely different stories, legends, and parts of the city. "The Ghosts of Charleston" is our most appropriate ghost tour for young children. "The Ghosts of Charleston Two - Specters" is darker and more sinister, and although many children also enjoy this tour, parents should carefully consider how easily scared their children are before taking this tour. "The Pirates of Charleston" and "The Story of Charleston" are both very family friendly and are loved by people of all ages.
- Is this tour only for tourists?
- No. Our tours are very informative and entertaining for both locals and tourists alike. Locals learn new stories associated with their favorite locations they've been visiting for years. Tourists will fall in love with Charleston's rich history and amazing culture. Even if you're a supernatural scholar and Charleston native, our tours will entertain you and almost always teach you something new.
- Where does the tour end?
- The tour either ends at St. Phillip's Episcopal on Church Street or at the corner of Meeting and Queen Streets.
- Where can I buy the book, "The Ghosts of Charleston" on which the tour was based?
- You may purchase the book as an "extra" while buying your tickets online or from your tour guide.
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- Unfortunately, there is not a waiting list. We recommend that you purchase tickets well in advance to guarantee a specific day and time.
- What is the maximum number of people on the tour?
- To keep your experience authentic, we prefer to keep our groups small and intimate. The maximum number of guests that we allow per guide is 20.
- Are there bugs on the tour?
- While it's not a major issue, we do tour along the water and this is the South! Especially in the summer, mosquitoes and gnats can sometimes be a nuisance in Charleston. You may consider using an insect repellent before taking the tour.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes. If you are interested in booking a private tour, please contact Tour Charleston directly by clicking "Contact BuxtonTours" to the left of the page.
- Are gift certificates available?
- No, unfortunately there are no gift certificates available for this tour. There are, however, gift certificates available for our Ghosts of Charleston Tour in Waterfront Park and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please check out the Ghosts of Charleston Tour in Waterfront Park by clicking “List of All Activities” to the left of the page.
Tour Charleston, LLC
All of Tour Charleston's licensed historical guides are experts in the city's rich history and legendary reputation for supernatural activity, and have been featured widely on television stations and in publications like HGTV, Southern Living and The Wall Street Journal.
Don't be fooled by imitations; Tour Charleston is the foremost Ghost and History tour provider in South Carolina.