Finish off your weekend stay by indulging in the area's renowned Sunday Brunch at the Historic Paso Robles Inn, followed by a guided tasting through Paso Robles' Downtown winery tasting rooms. This is the perfect tour for people who don't have the time or transportation to experience the far out tasting rooms, and seek a food and wine activity to cap off their weekend before heading home.
Spend a Day Exploring Paso Robles' Dowtown Wineries.
Discover the many treasures of Downtown Historic Paso Robles while you enjoy a fun and carefree day tasting wines from our many tasting rooms.
Forget the Driving Wine Tours -Try Something New!
We'll escort you on a leisurely stroll to our favorite three tasting rooms, serving our favorite Paso Robles' wines. You'll taste and discover many fine wines from the region.
This Sunday Brunch and Wine Tasting Walk starts your Sunday off with one of the tastiest brunches on the Central Coast. We start this tour at the Historic Paso Robles Inn where you'll dine on an array of fresh, delicious breakfast/lunch items along with their famous "bottomless champagne and mimosas."
We'll give you time to digest this wonderful brunch as we wander a few blocks to our first winery stop. We include two more tasting room stops before we end the day with your choice of fresh French Tarts or pastries and a hearty cup of coffee or tea. You'll love this tour for introducing you to the history and culture of the Paso Robles Wine Region, while enjoying a lovely brunch and tasting several of the area's finer wines along our path.
You'll experience everything you need to kick off your Paso Robles Wine Experience, or finish your trip with a blast!
This 4 hour tour includes:
- Access to the Historic Paso Robles Inn's widely acclaimed Sunday Brunch, including champagne and mimosas (normally a $24.95 value.)
- Tastings at 3 different downtown tasting rooms. All tasting fees (normally $10 p/person per winery stop) are covered in the cost of the tour.
- Special wine purchasing discounts at select tasting rooms.
- Map to the Downtown Tasting Rooms and Restaurants.
- Insider advice and guidance to help you enjoy the full pleasures and fine wines of Paso Robles Wine Country.
- An attentive, courteous and knowledgeable guide dedicated to making your tour a most special day and your wine selections most memorable.
- Bottled palate cleanser and water for each guest.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I need to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance. This is because tickets are limited and our tours typically sell out quickly. For a better chance of getting the day, time, and number of tickets you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can be purchased with a Visa, MasterCard or AMEX either online or by phone. Cash is not accepted.
- What happens if it rains?
- The tours are held rain or shine. We ask that you make sure to check the weather on the day of your tour and dress appropriately (bring an umbrella if necessary).
- If a tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- Unfortunately, we do not have a waiting list. If the time slot you'd like is sold out, we suggest you check another date/time for availability!
- Is there a discounted ticket price available for those who don't want to participate in the wine tastings?
- No, we do not offer discounted tours for those not wine tasting. This activity is specifically a "wine tour" with the expectation that guests have selected the tour for this experience.
- How much food is served on the tours?
- You will indulge at The Paso Robles Inn's renowned Sunday brunch. There is a wonderful assortment of breakfast/lunch items as well as their famous "bottomless" glasses of champagne and mimosas. A hearty and delicious meal by all standards!
- What type of wines will we taste on the tour?
- Paso Robles has become the largest Rhone grape growing area outside of the Rhone Valley in France. You will enjoy an opportunity to taste both Rhone blends and varietals, as well as other varietals such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Spanish varietals such as Albarino, and Tempranillo.
- Are cameras and video cameras allowed on the tours?
- Absolutely! We're pretty sure you'll want pictures of yourselves enjoying all this wonderful food and your Tour Guru is happy to play photographer for those special shots. Plus, don't forget all the wonderful sights you'll discover as we tour our lovely and historic city.
- How much walking is involved and is it fast paced?
- This tour is an easy walk! The terrain is all flat and consists of walking sidewalks and through the central town park. There are several stops to relax for brunch and at each of the tasting rooms. The longest walking stretch without a stop is 6 blocks. All in all, the walk is less than 1 mile.
- Are children welcome on the tour?
- No, we're sorry but due to the wine tastings this is an adult activity.
- Are you able to accommodate dietary restrictions?
- We will do our very best to find a suitable replacement tasting when possible. It is very important that when you book your tour, you let us know about any dietary restrictions or food allergies in advance.
- Does the tour start and end at the same place?
- Currently, this tour starts at one location and ends at another approximately 1/8 of a mile away. We will provide our guests with specific instructions on how to return to the tour's starting point. But keep in mind your Tour Guru would be happy to assist you back to the tour's starting point, should you have special concerns.
- Are bathrooms available during the tours?
- Yes, there are bathrooms at the Paso Robles Inn and at several of the tasting rooms.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- Can I shop during the tour?
- Yes! At each of our winery tasting room stops we'll let you know 10 minutes before we leave so that you can make your purchases then.
- Are pets allowed on the tour?
- Sorry, California State Health law does not permit pets inside food establishments. Tasting rooms each have different policies. Please call us to see if our current line-up would allow you to bring your dog.
- Do your tours have anything to offer local residents?
- Absolutely! Many of our guests live right in San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles while others come from the many small towns throughout the county.
- How can I find out about new tours and events?
- Thanks for asking! We're really excited to develop new tours and events based on our guests' feedback. We have some really exciting things planned on a seasonal basis, so you might want to sign up for our newsletter on our website (published quarterly). You may want to subscribe to our newsfeed, and get all our news and promotions firsthand. Plus, Don't forget to "LIKE" us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and read the BLOG on our website - all a source of good and new information on what's happening on California's Central Coast.
- Is there parking available nearby?
- Yes, free street parking is generally easy to find near the starting location.
- Are tours offered only in English?
- Our public tours are only offered in English. However, we are able to offer Private Group Tours in Russian as well! Please click on the "Contact CCFoodTours" link for information about private tours.
- Are Gift Certificates available for purchase?
- Yes! Our gift certificates make wonderful stocking stuffers, housewarming gifts, they're terrific for someone moving into the area, make great employee recognition gifts, and are always nice for a fun and romantic afternoon with that someone special. Please click on the "Contact CCFoodTours" link for more information.
- Can I book a private tour?
- YES! We can do private tours for large and small groups - or even a single individual or couple. We can also design a special tour for your group, based on your interests and time frame. Please click on the "Contact CCFoodTours" link for more information.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Sorry, we do not offer discounted tours for those not wine tasting.
- This activity is specifically a "wine tour" with the expectation that guests have selected the tour for this experience. In the event of a designated driver or non-drinking guest, we will do our very best to offer non-alcoholic beverages at each tasting location.
Central Coast Food Tours
Yule grew up in the Soviet Union, came to the United States and soon discovered what "farm fresh" really meant. A Vodka and caviar purist, he has expanded his tastes for fine food and savory, unique food pairings, typical of the Eastern European Culture.
Laura grew up in a "foodie family," gaining an appreciation of fine food from her mother who operated a successful catering agency serving corporate clients and the Hollywood elite in Los Angeles for over 20 years. Since living on the Central Coast for the last 25 years, Laura has enjoyed the best of what the area has to offer, with an eye toward the undiscovered, high quality, value food and wine finds.
Yule and Laura have watched the Central Coast grow into its new status as a world-class wine and food region. They know it as only food lovers' can, and want to share it with you!