- Hammond-Harwood House - National Historic Landmark said to have the most beautiful doorway in America
- Chase-Lloyd House - begun by Samuel Chase, a signer of the Declaration of Independence
- Paca House - a five-part mansion built by William Paca, Maryland Governor & Declaration of Independence signer
- Brice House - impressive Georgian mansion
- Ogle House - home to two governors and where General Washington dined
- Government House - home to Maryland’s current Governor
- And many more...
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets should be purchased in advance as our tours may sell out. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance.
- What is a Resident ticket?
- This is a special discounted ticket price for residents of Anne Arundel county! Any Anne Arundel resident who purchases one Adult ticket for full price is eligible for the discounted ticket rate. Both tickets have to be for the same tour and you must bring a valid photo ID proving that you are a county resident.
- What if it rains or the weather is inclement?
- The tour is held rain or shine. But don’t worry! Some of our best tours have taken place in less-that-perfect weather!
- Can we take photos during the tour?
- Photos can be taken everywhere on the tour, except right outside of the US Naval Academy security gate.
- How much walking is involved? Is it a fast-paced tour?
- We will be on our feet for the entire tour, walking at a moderate pace - it's not a forced-march, but we do keep moving.
- Are there restrooms available on the tour?
- Restrooms are available at the tour starting location. We will give you a two-minute warning before departing to use the "necessary". Our exact meeting location will be provided after your ticket purchase.
- What type of ticket should I purchase for a young child?
- Children under the age of 3 can participate in the tour for free! For children between the ages of 3 and 12, you can purchase a reduced price Child ticket.
- I'm an Annapolis local - will I enjoy this tour?
- Yes! Our tour guides share stories about Historic Annapolis that few natives have heard.
- Can I buy food or drinks along the way? What about souvenirs?
- Our tour is structured so that we can visit many Annapolis landmarks in the allotted time. This leaves very little time for any other stops.
- Is the tour wheelchair- and/or stroller-accessible?
- Yes, we stay on the mostly concrete sidewalks which should offer little rolling resistance. There is one brief section of an old brick sidewalk that is manageable.
- How long is the tour?
- The tour lasts 1 hour and covers 1.1 miles at a moderate yet comfortable pace. We will end the tour at the top of Main Street at Church Circle so you may enjoy a leisurely return and take advantage of the Main Street shops. The guide will also return to the starting point if you'd like to end there instead.
- May I bring my dog on the tour?
- No. While we adore pets we are not able to accommodate them on this tour.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, the tours are only conducted in English. However, our non-English speaking guests will still enjoy all the historic sights. You can also arrange a private tour conducted in Spanish or German.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available. Most groups, however, decide to attend the public tour for two reasons. First, it is usually significantly less expensive. Second, part of the fun of the tours is interacting with all the other participants who take the public tour. We always maintain a ratio of 12 - 15 guests per tour guide. If you are interested in more information on private tours, click “Contact CapCityCol” to the left of the page.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, we do offer gift certificates. For purchase and more information, please click “Contact CapCityCol” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- You must purchase at least 1 Adult ticket per Resident ticket.
- Limit 1 Resident ticket per Adult ticket. If you purchase more than one Resident ticket per Adult, you will be required to pay the difference in cash upon check-in.
Capital City Colonials
We want your experience to be great, so we limit all of our tours to no more than 12 to 15 guests per guide.
Our photogenic senior guide, David Smith, is a past recipient of the Hospitality Person of the Year award, presented by the Maryland Tourism Council.