Your ticket includes:
- A front row seat to the boat parade! The parade route loops back on itself, giving you an up close and personal look at ALL the boats in the parade!
- A delicious buffet dinner, hors d'oeuvres, and dessert
- One complimentary drink and a cash bar
- A fun DJ bringing you music and entertainment all night
There is indoor and outdoor season aboard the Carrie B. While there will not be any assigned or reserved seating, there will be a full buffet dinner, hors d'oeuvres, and desserts included in your ticket price:
- Brie cups in phyllo with assorted jams
- All beef franks in a blanket
- Cucumber Canapes with crab salad
- Coconut Shrimp
- Caesar salad
- Foccacia with tomato and basil
- Mixed Vegetable (chef's choice)
- Baked ziti with sausage and beef
- Chicken Parmesan
- Assorted pastries
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended for this special, annual event, as cruises often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please buy your tickets well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- The entire lower deck is enclosed and air conditioned, with large observation windows to provide a clear view of the sights and a P/A system. The upper deck has an open-air covered section. Because we have plenty of areas to hide from the elements, we do go out rain or shine; however, we would never put our passengers in harm's way. In the event of severe or unsafe weather we would have to cancel, and you will be given the opportunity to reschedule to another date.
- Is there heating on the boat during the winter months?
- Yes, the enclosed lower deck is heated during winter. However, it is always a great idea to bring a jacket.
- Is the cruise narrated?
- This is not a narrated cruise. Participants will get an up close and personal look at the festively decorated boats in the parade. If you are interested in a narrated cruise, the Carrie B regularly runs a narrated sightseeing cruise year-round. Check our calendar for a list of available sightseeing cruises.
- What is included in the ticket price?
- Your ticket includes a fantastic cruise, a complimentary drink, a live DJ & dancing, party favors, and a buffet dinner, heavy hors d'oeuvres, & dessert. Since this event is geared towards adults, there is one standard ticket price. Children are allowed on board, at the discretion of a parent/guardian, but they must purchase a full price ticket.
- Are food or drinks served during the cruise?
- Yes, there will be a full buffet dinner on board along with hors d'oeuvres and desserts. Check out the description for our full menu. Dinner will include salad, vegetables, baked ziti with sausage and beef, and Chicken Parmesan. You also will receive one complimentary drink. We have a fully licensed bar on board if you would like to purchase additional alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Frozen drinks are also available! Bring extra cash with you if you'd like to purchase additional snacks or drinks (prices range from $1.50 to $8.00).
- Can I bring my own food and beverages on board?
- Personal food and beverage items are not permitted on board, but a buffet dinner, hors d'oeuvres, and dessert are included in your ticket price! You also receive one complimentary beverage and there is a full bar on board where you can purchase additional drinks (bring extra cash with you).
- Can I bring alcohol on the boat?
- No personal alcoholic beverages are allowed on board.
- What sights will we see on the cruise?
- We will cruise through the New River and Atlantic Intracoastal Waterways to see beautifully decorated boats participating in the Winterfest Boat Parade! You will also get to see the beautiful homes lining the river that will be festively decorated.
- Are children allowed to attend this cruise? Are discounted tickets available for children?
- Due to the cruise being an adult-geared party involving the consumption of alcohol, it is recommended for ages 21 and older. Children are allowed to attend at the discretion of a parent/guardian, though, and are required to purchase a full price ticket. There are no discounted child tickets available.
- How many people can be on the boat at one time?
- While the Carrie B is licensed by the US Coast Guard to take up to 300 passengers at a time, we are capping the capacity for this cruise to about one third of our normal capacity in order to give our guests more room to move around and enjoy the parade.
- Is it customary to tip the crew?
- Gratuities are entirely at the guests' discretion and are not required or expected. We will not solicit or mention tips while you are on board the Carrie B.
- Is seating assigned on the boat?
- No, seating is first come first served. There is more than enough room on board for you to get a great view either inside or outside!
- Are there life jackets on board?
- Yes, we have enough life jackets for every passenger, but no one is required to wear them during the tour.
- Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, the Carrie B is wheelchair accessible. The gangway can be extended by ramps, and our crew would be happy to assist you with boarding. The upper level is not wheelchair accessible, but our lower level has an enclosed cabin that is very comfortable for your enjoyment. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know about your situation by clicking “Contact CarrieB”.
- Is smoking allowed?
- Yes, smoking is allowed on any outside area of the boat. Smokers are kindly asked to be mindful of their neighbors when smoking near other passengers.
- Are restrooms available?
- Yes, there are two private restrooms on board for women, and one shared restroom for men.
- What time does boarding begin?
- Boarding begins at 5 p.m., an hour before the parade begins. Feel free to come early and get settled before we leave the dock. Please be on the boat no later than 5:45 p.m.
- Is the cruise suitable for pregnant women?
- Absolutely, the Carrie B only cruises in the protected waters of the Intracoastal Waterway and the New River of Fort Lauderdale. The ride is smooth, stable, and gentle.
- Is there room to stow my belongings on board?
- Yes, personal belongings (including luggage) can be stored on the lower level of the boat in the enclosed cabin.
- Will I get seasick?
- Seasickness is not a problem, as our cruises operate on the protected waterways of the Intracoastal Waterway and New River of Fort Lauderdale. The ride is smooth and gentle!
- What else can I do around the meeting location?
- Shopping & dining are the highlights along Las Olas Blvd – Fort Lauderdale’s version of Rodeo Drive & Worth Avenue (Palm Beach). There is plenty to do before or after your cruise!
- What about parking?
- Metered street parking and garage parking behind the Cheesecake Factory are both viable options. You will receive more information upon purchasing your tickets.
- Will there be souvenirs available for purchase?
- A souvenir photo (photo and key chain) will be available for purchase at the end of the cruise. There are no other souvenirs available on board, though you may find items for purchase in the shops of Las Olas Blvd.
- How much is a souvenir photo?
- As you board the Carrie B, a no-obligation photo will be taken of you and your party. At the end of the cruise, you're welcome to purchase the souvenir 5x7 photo and photo key chain for $10.
- Can I combine discounts?
- The Carrie B will sometimes run promotions and discounts in area publications. You are welcome to use these when purchasing, however only one discount may be used per purchase - discounts may not be combined.
- Are private charters available?
- Yes, private charters are available. The Carrie B can host any special occasion from corporate outings to weddings! Please let us know what you’re interested in by clicking “Contact CarrieB to the left of the page.
- Are there special group rates available?
- Yes, groups of 20 adults or more will get $2 off each adult ticket! This is an automatic discount, so just type in the number of tickets you want and you will receive that deduction. Only one discount applies to each purchase; discounts may not be combined.
- Are there gift certificates available?
- No, unfortunately there are no gift certificates available for this particular cruise. There are, however, gift certificates available for our year-round flagship activity, Fort Lauderdale Sightseeing Cruises, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for the Sightseeing Cruise, please click “List of all activities” to the left of the page, scroll down to the bottom of the next page, and click “Buy a Gift Certificate”!
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Children are discouraged from attending this cruise.
- Due to the cruise being an adult-geared party involving the consumption of alcohol, it is recommended for ages 21 and older. Children are allowed to attend at the discretion of a parent/guardian, though, and are required to purchase a full price ticket.
Carrie B Cruises
The Carrie B runs three daily narrated sightseeing cruises. They also offer a variety of private charter options, from corporate events to weddings! During the holiday season, the Carrie B also offers special evening holiday lights cruises.
"Downtown residents have named Carrie B Harbor Tours as the best place to entertain out-of-town guests. This is a great sightseeing cruise that highlights the best of Fort Lauderdale's waterways." -- The Official Magazine of Downtown Fort Lauderdale, March 2006.