Taste a wide variety of treats such as:
- Artisan Chocolate Truffles & Bon Bons
- European Cheeses
- Decadent Pastries
- Varietal Dark Chocolates
- Handmade Candy
- A Selection of Fine White, Red & Sparkling Wines from Chile
If you love eating, exploring & having fun then bring your friends and join us for this decadent Downtown experience in NYC's fashionable SoHo & NoLIta neighborhoods.
You'll start out in historic SoHo (South of Houston St.), home to the city's first loft's and walk to nearby Little Italy and NoLIta (the area North of Little Italy).
What Is Not Included?
Bottled water is not included. Guests may fill their bottles at certain sites. At least one stop will have water available even for those without bottles.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes. Tickets must be purchased in advance to guarantee your spots. Tours sell out quickly! Tickets can be purchased with a Visa or Mastercard.
- If this trip is sold out can I get on a waiting list?
- Unfortunately there are no waiting lists for the tours. Please check another date/time for availability!
- How much food will I eat on the tour?
- Quite a bit! This is a chocolate and desserts tour, so there won't be much in the way of veggies or complex carbs! Try to eat a light lunch/brunch before the tour -- otherwise you might get a bit of a sugar rush! Each tour will have at least 6 tasting destinations, with one being a wine tasting stop. You'll sample 3 different wines and will have plenty of each. Please keep in mind that our tours are not designed to offer balanced meals, but to be tasting adventures!
- What happens if it rains?
- The tour will take place in all light rain and moderate weather conditions. In rare circumstances such as a heavy snow storm, a hurricane, or other extreme weather that prevents the tour venues from opening, the tour will be canceled. You will be allowed to reschedule subject to availability.
- How long is the tour?
- This tour is approximately 2 1/2 hours in length. Ask your tour guide if you have concerns about tour duration. Our guides will try to accommodate you if at all possible.
- Will I learn about New York City on this tour?
- Yes. Our guides are all licensed New York City Sight Seeing Guides, and they will incorporate important information about the neighborhood you are touring into their narrative. The focus of this tour is to teach you about chocolate, wine, cheese, candy making and other treats.
- What if I have food allergies or dietary restrictions?
- Please let the guide know what you cannot eat at the beginning of the tour. We'll do everything we can to arrange substitutes for you. If you need to skip the food at a particular stop, we'll make sure you get an extra sample at another stop.
- Is there a lot of walking on the tour?
- The walking on this tour will cover about 1 mile total over a couple of hours. We will walk at a very leisurely pace, stopping often and eating, so you should have no problem. While during most of the tour we will be standing, there will be some opportunities to sit for a few minutes at a few of the places that we visit.
- What places will we go on the tour?
- We will be visiting the best chocolatiers, bakeries, hidden gems, new hot spots and more. We'll also visit an innovative wine store and taste some delicious wine and chocolate pairings.
- Will I be able to drink anything on the tour?
- Yes! Our tour includes tasting some different wines at one of the most innovative wine stores in the city. In addition, at one or two stops along the tour water will be available. Please bring a water bottle if you 'd like. You'll be able to fill it up on the tour. Of course, a variety of beverages will be for sale along the way, so bring extra cash if you might want to pick something up.
- I'm from New York. Is the tour still good for me?
- Absolutely! On our tours you will explore hidden places that you probably do not know of, meet purveyors and learn many new things about foods and some neighborhoods. You will see some of the coolest spots in the city, and experience your hometown in a totally new way.
- Is there an age minimum for the tour?
- Yes. Since there is wine served on the tour, all participants must be at least 21 years of age. Sorry, no children on this tour, even infants in carriers.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- Some of the stops on our tour are wheelchair accessible, and others are not. However, we encourage anyone in a wheelchair to come on the tour, and we will make any necessary accommodations. Please let us know when you book your tickets if anyone in your party will be in a wheelchair.
- What should I expect from a chocolate, dessert & wine tour?
- You'll taste some wonderful chocolate bon bons, learn how chocolate is made, and learn the different tastes chocolate can have. You'll also learn a bit about wine and how to pair a variety of wines with sweets. All of our chocolate tours are led by food and beverage experts who are also licensed NYC Sightseeing Guides.
- What is SoHo/NoLIta like?
- This area is one of the oldest areas of the city. While SoHo is a bit more refined, NoLIta is still a bit gritty, with unexpected treasures on every block. The neighborhoods are a combination of stores, restaurants and residences. While the Upper West Side is elegant, this downtown area is more trendy and vibrant.
- Should I give the guide a tip?
- Yes. If you enjoyed the tour, we recommend that you give the guide (and assistant if it's a larger tour) a gratuity. They take pride in what they do and appreciate positive feedback and receiving a tip. What you tip is up to you. If you want a rule of thumb, $5 per person is an average tip.
- Are their restrooms on the tour?
- Yes. Some of the stops on the tour will have a restroom that you may use. Ask your guide which venues have such facilities.
- Where will the tour end?
- The tour will end about a half mile east of the starting point -- Ask you guide for the closest subway or bus stop.
- Will I be able to shop at all on the tour?
- Yes. There will be some time on the tour for you to buy chocolates, wines and other goodies. If you want to make purchases, please do so as soon as possible. Please let your guide know if you need a couple of extra minutes.
- Do you take cash?
- You can pay in cash at the start of the tour, but there is no way for us to guarantee that there will be room available if you purchase in this manner. We recommend that you book in advance to get the day and time you really want!
- Do you have private tours?
- Yes, we do offer private tours. Please click “Contact CityFoods” to the left of the page for more information.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, just click on the Buy Gift Certificates Button on our site at cityfoodtours.com/newyork
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must be age 21 or over with valid ID.
- Each attendee must be age 21 or older and have proper government-issued ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID). Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
City Food Tours & Events
City Food Tours also offers a full array of tasting tours in Philadelphia, PA.
City Food Tours was created by food expert and author, Joyce Weinberg, who has been in the food business for more than 20 years. She is a recognized authority on artisanal or handmade foods. She judges national chocolate contests, conducts programs for The Stone Barns Center, The American Museum of Natural History, The Junior League, The National Association of Specialty Food Retailers, and countless other corporate, private, and non-profit organizations.
Joyce is regularly quoted in the media, heard on the radio, and seen on TV for her food expertise. She is a former restaurateur, Fortune 500 food brand manager, and Adjunct Professor at NYU. Joyce is also a catering expert, and her book, "The Everything Guide to The Catering Business," is available at Amazon.com and other book retailers around the country.