During the Virginia Beach Boardwalk Tour, you will learn all about the history and culture of the area, including what John Smith and his crew ate during their quick stop before heading to Jamestown.
The Virginia Beach Boardwalk Food Tour will bring together fine dining with casual long standing Virginia Beach institutions. Throughout the food tour you will enjoy local creations, indigenous dishes, fresh seafood and refreshing beverages alongside the serenity of the beach and Atlantic Ocean.
The Virginia Beach Boardwalk Food Tour may include the following specialties:
- Fresh caught seafood specialties from the Atlantic and the Chesepeake bay
- The city's home grown cocktail
- Fresh baked breads
- Seasonal dishes and drinks from a market dedicated to serving only locally sourced items
- Classic coastal dishes created with a modern twist
- Innovative Asian and European inspired tapas using local and regional food
- Hand made desserts
- Locally brewed beers
- Award winning Chesepeake Oyster stew
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance as tours usually sell out ahead of time. To maximize your chances of getting your desired day, time, and number of tickets, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, AMEX, or Mastercard. Cash is not accepted.
- How much food is served on the tour?
- There are 3 stops on the tour where you will be served small specialty meals. For most people there is enough food that dinner afterward is not necessary.
- What types of foods are served on the tour?
- There are 3 stops on the tour which include local seafood specialties. Other stops include award winning chef's signature dishes, the city's home grown cocktail, and hand made desserts
- What if I have dietary restrictions?
- Please let us know if anyone in your group has a dietary restriction (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic, etc.) when you purchase your tickets. As long as we know well enough in advance, we can often accommodate your needs. If we do not find out about the special needs until the day of the tour, it is usually not possible for us to appropriately adjust the food on the tour.
- Are there any beverages served on the tour?
- Each restaurant will serve water with each meal, and there is a chance to have a coffee, a local beer and a specialty cocktail along the way.
- What about taking children on the tour?
- Children are welcome on the tour. It should be noted, however, that the tour is 3.5 hours long. Some children have a limited attention span and therefore the tour may not be appropriate for some of them. Parents, who know their children best, should assess the situation on a case by case basis. Since there is a lot of standing and walking, please consider this when deciding whether the tour is appropriate for your child.
- If I am bringing an infant/very young child, do I need to purchase a ticket for them?
- If you are bringing children below the age of 7 and they will not be participating in the tastings, you do not need to purchase tickets for them. However, please do let us know if you will be attending with an infant or young child when you purchase tickets by including a "Message to the Seller".
- How much walking is involved? Is it a fast-paced tour?
- We are on our feet for approximately half of the tour. We cover a good deal of information yet walk at a comfortable pace. We sit at most restaurants for 15-20 minutes each. Remember to wear comfortable shoes.
- What happens if it rains or snows?
- The tours are held rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather, we will be able to go inside many of the establishments on the tour. We will not be outdoors for the entire tour. You should still dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions.
- Are bathrooms available during the tour?
- Yes, bathrooms are available during the tour at all restaurants.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- Our tour does cover some uneven terrain and the restaurants we visit can change from time to time. If you or another guest needs wheelchair access, please click on "Contact CoastalFoods" to contact us in advance. We will work to accommodate you.
- Do we just walk around and sample food?
- Absolutely not! Aside from sampling delicious food, you will learn about the Virgina Beach Boardwalk. The tour is fully narrated by your guide, who will discuss the history, culture, and architecture of the Virginia Beach Boardwalk.
- Where does the tour finish?
- The tour finishes in the same area as where it started.
- Is there parking nearby?
- Yes, there is parking available. There are parking lots along the Virginia Beach Boardwalk as well as parking garages nearby as well. Specific parking details are included in the meeting location directions which you will receive after purchasing your ticket(s).
- Are there gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make an ideal gift for birthdays, holidays, or any occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Contact CoastalFoods" link to make a request.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available. To inquire about booking a private group tour, please click on the "Contact CoastalFoods" link.
Coastal Food Tours of Virginia
Hampton Roads features a diverse landscape, adorning natural beauty, historic towns, chic urban hot spots, and miles of beautiful Atlantic and Chesapeake coast. The diversity of the area, and rich history tie distinctively with the cuisine, which continues to evolve and develop today.
Coastal Food Tours of Virginia is a proud part of Food Tour Corp.