- See locations from the original Halloween (1978) as well as the Rob Zombie version from 2007, the Strode house, the HEDGE, the "speed kills!" street, and the famous finale street. You thought it was Haddonfield, Illinois, but this horror film classic was mostly filmed in South Pasadena, CA!
- Experience the horror of films like Zombieland, Scream 2, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956), Michael Jackson's Thriller (1982), Ed Wood (1994), A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), and more
- The amazing Victorian houses featured in Michael Jackson's Thriller video, American Horror Story, and Charmed
- You'll also see home where horror kings Peter Lorre and Bela Lugosi died in real life and receive an actual copy of Bela's death certificate!
Please keep in mind, this tour is devoted to horror films only. They are scattered about town, so we've done our best to make this tour as geographically interesting as possible
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly suggested as tours often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets may be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Is this tour suitable for children?
- This tour does discuss some topics that may not be appropriate for children (murders, prostitution, and suicide). Colorful language does apply. Children are not recommended to attend the tour, but are welcome if you would like to bring them. Keep in mind that children must have a full priced ticket in order to attend.
- Are we on the bus for the entire time?
- We will be making one restroom break on the tour. We can accommodate urgent stops as well, within reason. There will also be three scheduled stops where you can get out to take pictures.
- Is this a good sightseeing tour of L.A.?
- The Halloween Horror Film Location Tour is a unique LA sightseeing tour as you will see the sites of the area with a haunted twist! Many find that tours like these are even more memorable and informative than traditional sightseeing tours.
- Will I still enjoy the tour if I'm from the area?
- Yes! Our tours are unique and give you behind the scenes information on the locations we will see. You will learn a lot of new things about your home town.
- Are there bathrooms on the bus?
- Unfortunately, we do not have bathrooms on the bus. But there will be a scheduled bathroom stop during the tour.
- Can I bring food or drinks on the bus?
- You are more than welcome to bring nonalcoholic beverages with you on board, but we ask that you do not bring any food or alcoholic drinks on board with you.
- Where does the tour finish?
- We return to our starting point, near Sunset Boulevard and Cassil Place.
- Can we take pictures?
- The windows on the bus are tinted, and pictures usually come out fine, providing you turn off the flash.
- Who will be my guide?
- While Scott Michaels, founder of Dearly Departed Tours, still runs many of the tour himself, there is no guarantee that he will be the guide on your particular tour. However, all guides have been trained by Scott personally! They are very knowledgeable and dedicated to providing you with the ultimate tour experience.
- What happens if it rains?
- Since the tour takes place in an enclosed, climate-controlled vehicle, you'll be comfortable no matter what the weather brings. We have large windows on either side, so your visibility won't be impaired.
- Is the bus handicapped accessible?
- The bus is not wheelchair accessible, but we'll do our best to accommodate you. Please let us know ahead of time, by clicking “Contact DDTours” to the left of the page, so we can make arrangements.
- What should I wear?
- Whatever you want. The tour takes place on an enclosed, climate-controlled vehicle, so you'll be comfortable during your trip.
- Is there room to stow my belongings on board?
- There is limited room on board the bus to store your belongings. There will be room under your seat for smaller items, but please do try to bring only what you will need with you to the tour.
- Are tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, our tours are only conducted in English.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes! Gift certificates for Dearly Departed tours make a great and unique surprise. Each one is personalized to the lucky stiff, complete with the gift-giver's name, and authenticated. Please click on “Contact DDTours” to the left of the page to request more information.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes! Our vehicle capacity is 13 upright bodies and private tours are available. Please click on “Contact DDTours” to the left of the page to request more information.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Tour may not be suitable for small children.
- Although we do not have any specific age restrictions, the content of the tour is mature in nature. Please use your discretion when bringing children on the tour.
Dearly Departed Tours
Scott Michaels, founder of Dearly Departed Tours, created the infamous website Findadeath.com which has garnered media attention from around the world and boasts several thousand visitors daily. Dearly Departed Tours was created and launched on January 1, 2005.
Scott and his tours have been featured on The Girls Next Door, E! 20 Most Horrifying Hollywood Murders!, USA Today, The Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles Magazine, Bizarre, Buzz, IN LA Magazine, and American Way Magazine.