The city of Los Angeles is the star of this tour! Catch a glimpse of all the highlights while cruising the streets on our Movie Theater on Wheels. On board we will show scenes from over 50 films while in front of their filming locations - some you'll recognize straight away and some you'll probably never want to see again! On this tour you will:
- Experience the laughter from films like A National Lampoon's Vacation and Get Him to the Greek, and action films like The Green Hornet and The Day After Tomorrow.
- See the classics like Sunset Boulevard, Chinatown and Intolerance, as well as modern classics like L.A. Confidential, Back to the Future, and Grease. American Horror Story, Roger Rabbit, Knocked Up, Pee Wee's Big Adventure,, Pretty Woman, Bugsy, Dead Again, Rebel Without a Cause, The Aviator, Terminator, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane and LOADS more!
- Is this tour suitable for children?
- Children under 1 year old are not allowed on the tour. Please use your discretion when bringing children older than 1 year on the tour. We discourage children under the age of 13 from attending, but you are welcome to bring your children if each has a full priced ticket.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly suggested as tours often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets may be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Are we on the bus for the entire time?
- There is one restroom break halfway through the tour. We can accommodate urgent stops as well, within reason. There are strict laws regarding tour buses, and what we are allowed to do, but we may get out of the bus for photo opportunities! Loading and unloading in residential neighborhoods is strictly forbidden.
- Is this a good sightseeing tour of L.A.?
- The Hollywood Movie Tour is a unique LA sightseeing tour as you will see the sites of the area with an entertainment twist! Many find that tours like these are even more memorable and informative than traditional sightseeing tours.
- Are there bathrooms on the bus?
- Unfortunately, we do not have bathrooms on the bus. But we do have a scheduled bathroom stop about halfway through the tour.
- Can I bring food or drinks on the bus?
- We ask that you do not bring any food or drinks on board with you.
- Where does the tour finish?
- We return to our starting point, near Sunset Boulevard and Cassil Place.
- Can we take pictures?
- The windows on the bus are tinted, and pictures usually come out fine, providing you turn off the flash.
- What happens if it rains?
- Since the tour takes place in an enclosed, climate-controlled vehicle, you'll be comfortable no matter what the weather brings. We have large windows on either side, so your visibility won't be impaired.
- Is the bus handicapped accessible?
- The bus is not wheelchair accessible, but we'll do our best to accommodate you. Please let us know ahead of time, by clicking “Contact DDTours” to the left of the page, so we can make arrangements.
- What should I wear?
- Whatever you want. The tour takes place on an enclosed, climate-controlled vehicle, so you'll be comfortable during your trip.
- Are tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, our tours are only conducted in English.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes! Gift certificates for Dearly Departed tours make a great and unique surprise. Each one is personalized to the lucky stiff, complete with the gift-giver's name, and authenticated. To purchase a gift certificate, click “Contact DDTours” to the left of the page.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes! Our vehicle capacity is 13 upright bodies and private tours are available for up to 28 guests. For more information, please click “Contact DDTours” to the left of the page and let us know what you're interested in.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- The tour is not be suitable for children under 13 years of age.
- Although we do not have any specific age restrictions, the content of the tour is mature in nature and will include adult language and situations. Please use your discretion when bringing children under 13 years of age on the tour (all guests must have a ticket in order to attend).
Dearly Departed Tours
Owner Scott Michaels is the former manager of the infamous Grave Line Tours , which itself died a death in 1996. Scott created the infamous Findadeath.com which has garnered media attention from around the world, and boasts several thousand visitors daily.
Scott and the tour have been featured on The Girls Next Door, E! 20 Most Horrifying Hollywood Murders!, USA Today, The Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles Magazine, Bizarre, Buzz, IN LA Magazine, and American Way Magazine.
The Hollywood Movie Tour is the 4th different tour that this company has to offer.