During this special 3 hour tour on wheels, Alison will entertain you with personal anecdotes from her zero degrees of separation to the legends. You name it, Nasty Nellie has a story for just about everyone from Liberace to Michael Jackson, from Paris Hilton to the Manson Family.
In three hours, Alison will share her personal history geographically, from Gardner Elementary School (and her superstar classmate MJ) and Hollywood High School to the legendary Garden of Allah and the Chateau Marmont.
Of course there will be plenty of time for Q and A! Ask her anything! Included is also an autographed photo of Alison, and an opportunity to have your picture taken with her. Don't forget your camera! This is a rare treat - a tour given by an international television icon!
Alison has been there and seen it all, and for a limited time, is sharing it with us, the lucky ones at Dearly Departed Tours.
Richard Sebastian is co producer and co host of this event.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly suggested as tours often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets may be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- What do I need to do?
- Book a ticket and show up!
- Is the tour suitable for children?
- There are stories that will no doubt be of an adult nature, so we would recommend ages 13 and up only on this tour.
- What happens if it rains?
- Since the tour takes place in an enclosed, climate-controlled vehicle, you'll be comfortable no matter what the weather brings. We have large windows on either side, so your visibility won't be impaired.
- Can I bring a camera?
- Absolutely. Alison will be happy to pose for a photograph with you.
- Can I bring food or beverages?
- Food is not allowed, neither is alcohol. Feel free to bring along a soda, water or coffee. A restroom break will be offered, about half way through the tour.
- What kind of bus will the tour be on?
- Your tour will take place on a climate controlled 13 seater mini bus. Your guide will also be driving and will tell you all about the sites on the tour using a microphone.
- Are there any stops on the tour?
- There will be one stop during the tour at the Hollywood sign to get out and take a picture with Alison, but otherwise the tour takes place entirely inside the tour bus. It is a mobile tour so we can cover a lot of ground!
- Is this a good sightseeing tour of L.A.?
- Although this tour does go through various neighborhoods and locations of interest, it is a tour focused on the personal history of little Nellie Oleson! It will give you a different view into LA than you would get on a standard sightseeing tour.
- Are there bathrooms available during the tour?
- There will be one bathroom stop about halfway through the tour.
- Is there room to stow my belongings on board?
- There is limited room on board the bus to store your belongings. There will be room under your seat for smaller items, but please do try to bring only what you will need with you to the tour.
- Is the bus handicapped accessible?
- If you have limited mobility and a collapsible wheelchair, we should be able to accommodate you and assist you into the bus. However, if you have a non-collapsible wheelchair or no mobility, unfortunately our bus is not equipped to be able to accommodate you. Please let us know whether or not you will need assistance upon purchasing your tickets.
- Where does the tour end?
- We return to our starting point, near Sunset Boulevard and Cassil Place.
- Can I book the whole bus for my group?
- If you'd like to book the entire bus for your group, all you need to do is purchase all 12 seats on the bus and the price will automatically be discounted. Then the bus will be booked for only your group!
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes. To request a gift certificate, please contact Dearly Departed Tours directly via the “Contact DDTours” link to the left of the page.
- Can I book a tour for more than 12 people?
- No, because Alison can only be on one vehicle at a time, the tour is limited to 12 passengers!
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Tour participants must be age 13 or older.
- Because this tour does include some mature and adult oriented stories, participants must be ages 13 or up.
Dearly Departed Tours
Dearly Departed Tours now offers a 3 hour tour with Alison Arngrim, Nasty Nellie Oleson from Little House on the Prairie.
Alison grew up in Los Angeles, and spent most of her life in front of the camera (and it shows!) She is now opening up her history, with a tour of her old Hollywood Haunts!