On these 90 minute "Holiday" cruises, you will enjoy:
- Holiday music
- A cash bar
- Up-close views of all the boats participating in the parade
- Beautiful harbor scenery
Please note that seating is somewhat limited so you may be standing during the duration of the cruise. The standing areas offer the best views of the boat parade.
Don't miss the opportunity to become a part of this one-of-a-kind holiday experience.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended, as trips often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the cruise you prefer, please buy your tickets well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What kinds of awards will the boats be vying for?
- The awards include: Judges Choice, Best Theme, Best Use of Lights, Best Animation, Most Colorful, Most Original, Best Sailboat, Best Powerboat, and the Perpetual Trophy for the Yacht Club with the Most Entries! There will also be cash prizes and gift certificates.
- What kind of music is there?
- The music is recorded holiday favorites!
- What happens if it rains?
- We still go out. The Dana Pride has inside seating, but if you would like to stay outdoors please dress appropriately with a rain jacket or umbrella. In the case of severe weather, we may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in which case you will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Are children allowed?
- Children are welcome. This is a festive family event.
- Is the cruise suitable for pregnant women?
- While we don't put a limitation on who may or may not attend, pregnant women should always consult with their doctors before participating.
- If this trip is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- While cancellations are rare, as tickets are non refundable and cannot be rescheduled, you are welcome to show up at the docks just prior to the departure time. To ensure the best chance of coming with us on your preferred cruise, we recommend booking ahead of time.
- Where exactly is Dana Wharf located within Orange County?
- Hopefully these landmarks will help you to find us better: Dana Wharf is located 40 minutes south of Disneyland in Anaheim, 1 hour south of LAX airport in Los Angeles, and 60 minutes north of Sea World in San Diego. We are basically in the heart of Orange County!
- How early should I arrive to check in before the cruise?
- Please arrive no later than 20 minutes before the cruise departs.
- How far does the boat go out?
- The boat stays in the harbor and is actually participating in the parade.
- Can I bring my own food and/or beverages?
- You are welcome to bring food and/or beverages, but we do not allow coolers or outside alcohol to be brought on board. (Alcoholic beverages can be purchased at our cash bar.)
- What kinds of food and beverages are available in the full-service galley?
- Snacks (but no hot food), as well as hot and cold beverages including hot chocolate, coffee, soda, juice, beer, and wine will be available for purchase on board.
- How much cash should I bring?
- Beers are between $4.50-$5.50. Wine is $5-$7. Non-alcoholic drinks are $1 each, and snacks range from $1.00-$1.50. Approximately $5 per person for gratuity is recommended.
- Can I bring an ice chest?
- Due to space constraints on board, we do not allow ice chests on the boat. The only exception is in the case of a special medical need, such as the need to keep insulin cold if you are diabetic, etc.
- Can I dress up for the event?
- Yes! We will be having our very own "Best Dressed Crew" competition on board, so don't forget to wear your best "Santa's Sealife Celebration" attire!
- Will there be room on the boat to stow my belongings?
- There is limited room to stow your belongings on board. Please only bring what is absolutely necessary for the cruise.
- Are the boats wheelchair accessible?
- We regularly accommodate people in non-electric wheelchairs on our cruises, but please keep in mind that wheelchairs cannot wheel directly onto the vessels. In order to get from the dock onto the boat and comfortably into your seat, our staff will need to assist you. Please write us a note when you book to let us know that you will be needing assistance, and arrive early so we can help you get situated before all the guests arrive! If you have an electric wheelchair, we ask that you please click on “Contact DanaWharf” to the left of the page and let us know before you book!
- Are there restrooms on board?
- Yes, there is a clean marine head on board.
- Is the boat safe?
- Absolutely. In addition to modern safety equipment (EPIRB, Life Floats, Life Jackets, etc.) our vessels are constantly maintained and inspected once a year by the United States Coast Guard, a Division of Homeland Security.
- Are there life jackets on board? Do I have to wear one?
- All boats are outfitted with safety equipment. While you are not required to wear one, you may do so if you choose. The captain will explain and demonstrate all safety equipment before the cruise.
- Will I get seasick?
- While our vessels are very safe and stable, we will be in the ocean. If you are susceptible to motion sickness, you may consider taking preventative measures beforehand, although we cannot officially advise you to do so.
- Who sponsors the event?
- Sponsors include County of Orange, City of Dana Point, Wind & Sea & Harpoon Henry's, Harbor Grill, Dana Wharf Sportfishing & Whale Watching, Coffee Importers, Golden Galleon & Top Brass, PennySaver, Hennessey's & Fish Bucket, Laguna Cliffs Marriot Resort & Spa, and Chick's Plumbing located in Capo Beach.
- How can I book a private charter?
- To schedule a private charter, please click on “Contact DanaWharf” to the left of the page and we will help you plan an extraordinary event!
- Are gift certificates available for this trip?
- No, unfortunately there are no gift certificates available specifically for this trip. There are, however, gift certificates available for the 2 hour whale watching trips (both Gray Whale Season and Blue Whale Season), ½ Day/Twilight Fishing Trips, and ¾ Day Fishing Trips, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for one of these activities, please click on "List of All Activities" to the left of the page and then on "Buy a Gift Certificate" at the bottom of the page. You also have the option of purchasing a gift card for a specific dollar amount, good for any activity, though you would need to visit the shop located at Dana Wharf in person to purchase one. Please click on “Contact DanaWharf” to the left of the page for more information on this option.
Dana Wharf Sportfishing and Whale Watching
Our knowledgeable, family oriented crew is there to make your trip as enjoyable and educational as possible. Whether it's whale watching, fishing, or even a private function, you won't want to miss an unforgettable adventure with us!