On this sail, you will:
- View the Lighted Boat Parade from a prime viewing spot aboard one of our 65 foot schooners. This boat will not be participating in the parade.
- Sail out into the open waters after the Lighted Boat Parade after the parade underneath the full moon
- Sip on 8 different types of wine from all around the world along with imported and domestic beers on board.
- Enjoy our spread of hors d'oeuvres while sailing under the full moon.
What Is Not Included?
- This boat will be in a prime viewing location for the Lighted Boat Parade, but will not be decorated or participating in the parade. After the parade, this boat will sail out of the harbor and into the open waters to sail under the full moon.
- If you would like to participate in the boat parade, check out our "Key West Lighted Boat Parade with Danger" sail.
- ---------------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT TICKETS/POLICIES---------------------
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- We highly recommend that you purchase tickets in advance, as sails do sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day that you prefer, please book well in advance!
- If the trip is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- No, Danger Charters does not keep a waiting list for our sails. Sails often sell out, and typically well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- What happens if it rains?
- Most of our sails will run in all light rain and other moderate weather conditions. In Key West, light rain usually passes over us in just a few minutes! Both of our boats are equipped with awnings that stretch 25 feet in length and will protect you from the elements. In the rare event that we have to cancel a sail due to severe wind or weather, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your tickets or receive credit for a future event.
- How long will we watch the parade and how long will we be sailing?
- We will watch the parade for an hour and then sail into the open waters under the full moon for an hour. We will not be participating in the parade, but instead viewing it from a prime viewing location. Because the boat will not be decorated, we will be hoisting the sails and sailing under the full moon for an hour after viewing the parade.
- Are children allowed?
- Of course! Danger Charters is family owned and operated. There is a reduced price ticket for children between the ages of 4 and 12, and children 3 years of age and younger are free of charge, but must secure a ticket.
- Are pets allowed?
- We do allow dogs on our trips as long as they are well behaved!
- How long will the trip be?
- 2 Hours
- Is the sail suitable for pregnant women?
- Our vessels are very gentle and the waters we explore are calm and protected, so pregnant women should not have any problems.
- ----------------------------------WHAT SHOULD I BRING?---------------------------------
- Can I bring my own food and beverages on board?
- You are welcome to bring your own food and alcoholic or nonalcoholic beverages aboard, Keep in mind that bottled water, sodas (both regular and diet), cold beer and wine are provided for you, as well as hors doeuvres!
- What type of hors d'oeuvres are included?
- Tasty breads and up to eight cheeses will be served. For example, we might serve Baked Brie, Smoked Gouda, Dill Havarti, Aged Cheddar & More. Crackers, flat breads, and summer sausages will also be served along with fresh fruit, vegetable crudites, and other healthy snacks.
- Can I bring an ice chest or cooler?
- You are welcome to bring your own ice chest or cooler, but do keep in mind that we have plenty of ice cold beverages in coolers aboard!
- What kind of food and beverages are available on board?
- We will be serving 8 different types of wines from around the world as well as imported and domestic bears. A variety of cold drinks, including bottled water, soft drinks such as ginger ale, fresca, iced tea, and lemonad will also be available. We will also be serving hors d'oeuvres such as tasty breads, cheeses, sausage, and much more!
- Do I need to be 21 to drink alcohol?
- Yes, if you would like to consume alcohol aboard the boat, you must be 21 and have a valid government issued piece of identification with you.
- Should I bring cash?
- Everything you need for the trip is complimentary and will be provided to you. If you are interested in purchasing a souvenir, we have cozy cups, a variety of Danger Charters t-shirts, disposable underwater cameras, and even bikini underwear (either "Danger" or "The Prize"). We recommend that you bring around $40 if you are interested in purchasing a souvenir or two.
- Should I tip the crew?
- Your Danger crew always tries to go above and beyond expectations to provide you with a one-of-a-kind experience. While not required, gratuities are customary and greatly appreciated. Typically, tips are about 15% to 20% of your ticket total.
- ----------------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BOAT-----------------------------
- What boat will we be going on?
- Most of the time the half day trip will go out on the Danger. However, both the Danger and Danger's Prize are beautiful, 65 foot boats designed after traditional 19th century Chesapeake Bay Skipjacks. Due to repairs, private charters, and other factors, it is possible that the Danger's Prize may replace the Danger on the half day trip from time to time. We can assure you that regardless of the boat you take out, you will have an extraordinary time with us.
- How far does the boat go out?
- The boat will spend one hour in the harbor and then sail in the open waters under the full moon for about an hour before heading back to the dock.
- Will there be room on the boat to stow my belongings?
- Yes, there is room in the cabin to store limited belongings. If you have large items such as luggage, they can be stored at the Danger kiosk on land and securely locked up during the trip.
- Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
- Both of our boats are wheelchair accessible. However, the lavatories on our boats are only accessible by ladder. Our crew will do their best to assist you to the restroom, but use your own discretion in deciding if this trip will be comfortable for you.
- Are there restrooms on board?
- The Danger has one clean, marine head whereas the Danger's Prize has two. All restroom facilities are unisex and accessible by ladder. A marine head is slightly different than your home facilities, but your crew will explain the simple instructions before we sail.
- Are there life jackets on board? Do I have to wear one?
- Both the Danger and Danger's Prize are fully US Coast Guard certified, and carry enough life preservers for each of our passengers and crew. However, you are not required to wear life vests in most normal circumstances.
- Is the boat safe?
- Both the Danger and Danger's Prize are safe, steady vessels certified by the US Coast Guard. Before each trip, you will receive a full demonstration outlining the safety equipment on board: you will learn where the life jackets are stowed, where the fire fighting stations are and how to use them, and even how to use man overboard devices. We also have a first aid kit on board in accordance with regulations.
- Will I get seasick?
- Both the Danger and Danger's Prize are incredibly stable and steady vessels, and the protected waters of the Key West backcountry are typically smooth, even during particularly windy days. Most of our passengers have no issues with seasickness. However, if you are prone to motion sickness, you may want take any necessary precautions as instructed by your physician.
- Will there be music?
- Yes, there will be music for everyone to enjoy.
- ---------------PRIVATE CHARTERS AND GIFT CERTIFICATES--------------------
- How can I book a private charter or custom wedding?
- To book a private charter or a custom wedding aboard the Danger or Danger’s Prize, please click “Contact Danger” to the left of the page. Someone from our staff will return your inquiry shortly and help you plan an amazing sail, whatever the occasion.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, we have gift certificates available for all of our publicly scheduled sails and excursions. To inquire about purchasing a gift certificate, please click “Contact Danger”.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must sign a liability waiver.
- All participants must sign a liability waiver before boarding the boat. Participants under the age of 18 must have a supervising adult present to sign the waiver for them.
- This boat will not be participating in the Lighted Boat Parade
- This boat will be in a prime viewing location for the Lighted Boat Parade, but will not be participating in the parade. After the parade, this boat will sail out of the harbor and into the open waters to sail under the full moon.
Family owned and operated for 14 years and counting, both the Danger and Danger's Prize feature a world class crew and are stocked with the finest amenities.
Each Danger excursion has been carefully crafted by the owners to provide a unique, off the beaten path experience aligned with the "Come as you are" spirit of the Keys. So come as you are, and come ready for fun, with Danger Charters of Key West, Florida.