Guests will set sail approximately an hour and a half before sunset offering plenty of time to catch the full range of hues painted on Mother Nature’s canvas. After the sunset, we will sail back into the protected waters of the bay for a spectacular fireworks show. If you love clean air, smooth sailing, postcard beautiful sunsets, spectacular firework displays and starry night skies, then our special July 4th sailing trip is for you!
Highlights of the sail include:
- View the fireworks from the comfort of our sailing yacht in the calm waters of the bay after a spectacular sunset.
- Complimentary soft drinks and bottled water.
- BYOB encouraged, please no glass bottles
- Two and a half to three hours of smooth sailing on the tranquil Boca Ciega Bay.
Sorry, children under 12 are not allowed.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase my tickets in advance?
- We highly recommend purchasing your tickets in advance in order to guarantee your space on board as our trips often do sell out. Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone using either a Visa, Mastercard or American Express card.
- Is there tax?
- Yes, there is a local sales tax of 7% that will be applied to your tickets. Gratuities are not included in the ticket price and are graciously appreciated for excellent service.
- What sort of boat will we be cruising on?
- There are multiple boats in our fleet: MAGIC is a 51' Morgan sailing yacht with 2 masts that holds up to 35 passengers. PHOENIX is a 41' Gulfstar sailing yacht with 2 masts that holds up to 18 passengers. FANTASEA is a 46' Morgan sailing yacht with 2 masts that holds up to 28 passengers. As an example of their seaworthiness, we had the good fortune to sail the FANTASEA to Spain and back for a charter in 1992!
- Is the boat propelled by wind power or by a motor?
- We not only put up the sails, but all our Captains are sailors so we SAIL! Our sailing yachts are Coast Guard approved and inspected and each one has a diesel engine to assist in docking manuevers, light air days, or when going under a bridge.
- Are there life jackets on board?
- Yes, our boats are US Coast Guard certified & inspected and carry enough life jackets for every passenger on board. However, due to the size of the boat, and our route, you will not be required to wear a life jacket during the cruise. Before each trip our Captains give a safety and orientation speech to the customers.
- Is there seating on board?
- There is regular seating in the cockpit, as well as on the cabin tops at the front and rear of the vessel.
- Are soda and bottled water complimentary?
- Sodas and bottled water are complimentary.
- Can I bring my own food and drink?
- Sure, you are welcome to bring your own beverages (including alcohol) and/or snacks with you on board. Note that bottled water, soft drinks and hot cocoa (in cooler months) are included in the ticket price. Please no glass containers!
- Can I bring a cooler on board?
- All our vessels have oversize coolers on board providing the complimentary soft drinks and bottled water we offer, and guests are welcome to use them as well. If you do bring a cooler, we prefer that it be a smaller compact one.
- Are there bathrooms on board the boat?
- All our sailing vessels have bathrooms on board available to the public. As we're located at a shopping center, we always suggest using a regular public bathroom in one of the stores prior to the trip if possible, as it may be more comfortable.
- Will I get seasick on this cruise?
- The short answer is NO! Fortunately the waters in Boca Ciega Bay are relatively flat and calm, and the vessels are extremely stable.
- Is there shade available on the boat?
- Yes, the lower deck of the boat is fully enclosed as well as heated and cooled, and the upper deck has a canopy over half of it.
- Can I smoke on the boat?
- Smoking is permitted at the back of the vessel so the ashes go in the water, and not on the sails or the other guests. From time to time the Captain may suspend smoking privileges due to wind conditions.
- Are private charters offered?
- Yes! Private charters are available for any length of time and for any occasion, such as birthdays, anniversaries, proposals, cocktail cruises, weddings, ash scatterings, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, etc. Also available are team building charters utilizing multiple sailing yachts. To inquire about setting up a private charter, click on the "Contact DolphinLands" link.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes. Gift Certificates are available for any of the regular cruises we offer. To request a gift certificate, click on the "Contact DolphinLands" link.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Children under 12 are not permitted.
- Children under the age of 12 years old are not permitted to attend this cruise.
Dolphin Landings Charter Boat Center
It all starts with Captain Dan Peretz; a man who inspires commitment and balance, both on and off the water. Dolphin Landings’ crews are professionals who eagerly perpetuate this philosophy on each and every trip.
Take a ride aboard any of our Sailing, Fishing, and Cruising vessels and you’ll see first hand how Dolphin Landings offers our guests much more than a great boat ride in the sunshine state!