Join a small intimate group—no more than 12 guests—aboard the luxury sailing yacht MAGIC for a sunset sail while listening to an acoustical alchemy in tribute of the setting sun, wind and sea.
Set sail one hour before sunset to catch the full range of colors in the evening sky. Along the way see bottlenose dolphins, seabirds, sea turtles and other marine life. Breathe deeply of the fresh sea air as you relax into the evening.
Your journey takes you to the mouth of the Gulf of Mexico at Pass-A-Grille point to watch the majesty of the setting sun. Look closely! You might see the mysterious “green flash” as the sun drops below the horizon.
After sunset enjoy the starry night sky filled with constellations, planets, shooting stars and other celestial phenomena.
Once you experience this sailing trip, you’ll be making plans to go again!
On Board the MAGIC, you and your party will be treated to the following amenities:
- Cheese hors d'oeuvre platter
- Complimentary soft drinks and bottled water
- Cooler with ice for your beverages of choice
- Plastic cups
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase my tickets in advance?
- Yes, advance purchase is required and must be purchased by the day before the sail. by 4 PM. Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone using either a Visa, Mastercard or American Express card.
- Is the trip handicapped accessible?
- Unfortunately due to the design of sailing yachts, we are not able to accept wheelchairs on board. Depending on the particular situation, we can regularly assist with helping the disabled individual on board, and securely stow the wheelchair at our dock office. Each case is considered individually. Please contact us via the "Contact DolphinLands" link to discuss your situation.
- Can pregnant women attend this sail?
- Yes. We sail in the calm waters of Boca Ciega Bay, and the vessels are extremely stable and comfortable.
- Is there tax?
- Yes, there is a local sales tax of 7% that will be applied to your ticket purchase. Gratuities are not included in the ticket price and are graciously appreciated for excellent service.
- Are you open year-round?
- Yes, we operate year-round, with the exception of Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- What happens if it rains on the day of the sail?
- If we experience extreme adverse weather, particularly with lightning, with no immediate end in sight, we will gladly reschedule your ticket or provide credit for a future trip. Your choice. In most cases we might just delay the cruise a little bit until the weather passes.
- What sort of boats will we be sailing on?
- There are multiple boats in our fleet: MAGIC is a 51' Morgan sailing yacht with 2 masts that holds up to 35 passengers. PHOENIX is a 41' Gulfstar sailing yacht with 2 masts that holds up to 18 passengers. FANTASEA is a 46' Morgan sailing yacht with 2 masts that holds up to 28 passengers. As an example of their seaworthiness, we had the good fortune to sail the FANTASEA to Spain and back for a charter in 1992!
- Is the boat propelled by wind power or by a motor?
- We not only put up the sails, but all our Captains are sailors so we SAIL! Our sailing yachts are Coast Guard approved and inspected and each one has a diesel engine to assist in docking manuevers, light air days, or when going under a bridge.
- Are there life jackets on board?
- Yes, our boats are US Coast Guard certified & inspected and carry enough life jackets for every passenger on board. However, due to the size of the sailing yacht, and our route, you will not be required to wear a life jacket during the sail. Before each trip our Captains give a safety and orientation speech to the customers.
- Is the trip narrated?
- Not in the sense that there is a script. But the Captains and Crew are consistently fielding questions, and sharing their local knowledge about the area. Our goal is to get our customers to say 'this is the best excursion we had on our vacation'!
- Is there seating on board?
- There is regular seating in the cockpit, as well as on the cabin tops at the front and rear of the vessel.
- Can I bring my own food and drink?
- Sure, you are welcome to bring your own beverages (including alcohol) and/or snacks with you on board. Note that bottled water, soft drinks and hot cocoa (in cooler months) are included in the ticket price. Please no glass containers!
- Can I bring a cooler on board?
- All our vessels have oversize coolers on board providing the complimentary soft drinks and bottled water we offer, and guests are welcome to use them as well. If you do bring a cooler, we prefer that it be a smaller compact one.
- Are there bathrooms on board the boat?
- All our sailing vessels have bathrooms on board available to the public. As we're located at a shopping center, we always suggest using a regular public bathroom in one of the stores prior to the trip if possible, as it may be more comfortable.
- How far from the coast will the boat travel?
- During the trip we are never more than 200 yards from the shore line.
- Does the boat stop at any point during the sail?
- Not during the Sunset Sail.
- Will I get seasick on this sail?
- The short answer is NO! Fortunately the waters in Boca Ciega Bay are relatively flat and calm, and the vessels are extremely stable.
- Is the boat covered?
- All the sailing yachts have Bimini Tops, which produce coverage in the center of the vessel. Also once we raise the sails, they will provide shade at different parts on the vessel as we sail.
- Can I smoke on the boat?
- Smoking is permitted at the back of the vessel so the ashes go in the water, and not on the sails or the other guests. From time to time the Captain may suspend smoking privileges due to wind conditions.
- How far are you from where I'm staying?
- The following travel times are approximate - please allow for extra time for heavy traffic times. Orlando - 1.5 hours; Lakeland - 1 hour; Clearwater - 45 minutes to 1 hour; Sarasota - 45 minutes to 1 hour; Tampa - 40 minutes to 1 hour; Bradenton - 30 to 45 minutes; City of St. Petersburg - 20 to 30 minutes.
- How early should I arrive prior to the departure time of the sail?
- If staying on St. Pete Beach, please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure times. Off the beach, please arrive 30 minutes prior.
- Is there parking?
- Yes, we have free parking on site for your convenience!
- Are private charters offered?
- Yes! Private charters are available for any length of time and for any occasion, such as birthdays, anniversaries, proposals, cocktail cruises, weddings, ash scatterings, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, etc. Also available are team building charters utilizing multiple sailing yachts. To inquire about setting up a private charter, click on the "Contact DolphinLands" link.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Children under the age of 12 are not allowed.
- No reduced rate for children under the age of 12.
Dolphin Landings Charter Boat Center
It all starts with Captain Dan Peretz; a man who inspires commitment and balance, both on and off the water. Dolphin Landings’ crews are professionals who eagerly perpetuate this philosophy on each and every trip.
Take a ride aboard any of our Sailing, Fishing, and Cruising vessels and you’ll see first hand how Dolphin Landings offers our guests much more than a great boat ride in the sunshine state!