Experience an old-time trolley ride as we travel around Door County and soak up the rich culinary heritage and regional delicacies this peninsula has to offer. Get the behind-the-scenes look and participate in mouth watering tastings at 5 different Door County culinary destinations.
During this 4-hour tour, you'll get the opportunity to visit these unique Door County locations:
- The Cookery Restaurant
- The Savory Spoon
- Charlie's Smokehouse
- Bea's Market
- Door County Ice Cream Factory
Our trolleys can take up to 28 people, feature in-trolley speaker systems, are heated, and have comfortable, cushioned seats.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I need to purchase my tickets in advance?
- Yes, we highly recommend purchasing your tickets in advance as tours often sell out. To ensure you get the day and time you want, we suggest purchasing well in advance. Tickets can be purchased using a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- Our tours run rain or shine and are always enjoyable no matter what the weather is like. Please be sure to dress appropriately for the weather, though, as we will spend a portion of the tour off the trolley, as we tour the various culinary stops.
- If an event is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. If a date is sold out, there is always a chance that we may add an additional event. Please contact us by clicking on the “Contact DoorTrolley” link on the left side of the page to let us know what date you are interested in.
- Is this tour recommended for children?
- Children are welcome to join us for this tour. However, please keep in mind that the tour is 4 hours long. Some children have a limited attention span and therefore the tour may not be appropriate for some of them. Parents, who know their children best, should assess the situation on a case by case basis and consider whether the tour is appropriate for their child. We do offer a reduced price child ticket for kids 2-12 years old. Infants under the age of 2 can come for free, but will need to sit on a parent's lap. We do ask you to notify us when purchasing tickets if you will be bringing young children.
- Do I need to buy a ticket for a child who won't participate in the tastings?
- A reduced-priced child ticket must be purchased for all children ages 2-12 regardless of whether they will be participating in the tasting portion of the tour as they will need a seat on the trolley.
- Is there parking available at the pickup location?
- Yes, there is free parking available at the pickup location.
- Does the tour start and end in the same place?
- Yes, the tour starts and finishes in the same location.
- Do you accommodate dietary restrictions and allergies?
- Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to change the tastings in order to accommodate any dietary restrictions or food allergies. Those with dietary restrictions might need to refrain from participating in all the tastings. If you have specific questions about the food tastings, please feel free to contact us before booking by clicking on "Contact DoorTrolley" for more information.
- What type of food will we taste on the tour?
- Some of the foods we may taste include Door County fish chowder, fresh local fruits & preserves, smoked salmon and ice cream treats. Please note that food tastings may change without notice.
- How much food is served?
- Guests will have ample food during tastings at each of the 5 culinary location stops. For most people there is enough food that lunch afterward is not necessary.
- Are food and drinks allowed on the trolley?
- Yes, guests can bring their own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages to enjoy during the tour. (Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.) We ask that people do their best to be neat and remove any trash after the tour is over. Please note there is limited storage space on the trolley so coolers are not permitted on board.
- Does the trolley have heat and air conditioning?
- The trolley is heated and enclosed for year round use, however, there is no air conditioning. Please keep in mind that since we are near the water and the windows do open, hot days are rarely a problem. On summer days with the windows open, you can experience the feel of the old-time trolleys.
- How much time do we spend on the trolley?
- Less than half the tour is actually spent on the trolley. Since the tour makes 5 stops along the way, we spend a large portion of the tour off the trolley visiting the culinary destinations.
- Is there a bathroom on the trolley?
- No, unfortunately there is no bathroom aboard the trolley. But there are bathroom facilities available at most of the culinary locations as well as at the pickup location.
- Is the trolley handicap accessible?
- Unfortunately, our old-time trolley is not wheelchair accessible as there are approximately 3 steps up into the vehicle. However, we will be glad to help anyone who may need assistance. Keep in mind that due to limited storage space on the trolley there isn't room to store wheelchairs and walkers on board. If someone in your group has limited mobility and you have specific questions or concerns, please click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information before purchasing tickets.
- How much walking/standing will we do on the tour?
- There is minimal to moderate walking for short distances to get from the trolley to our showcased destination. However, at most of our stops we will be tasting on our feet as opposed to sit-down tastings. Therefore, weather appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Can I store a stroller or wheelchair on the trolley?
- There is limited storage space available on the trolley, so there isn't room to store large objects like wheelchairs and strollers. If you are bringing young children, small strollers that fold may be ok. Please contact us before purchasing tickets by clicking on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link if you have any questions.
- How long will we spend at each location?
- We generally spend about 30-45 minutes at each of the locations visited.
- Are cameras or video cameras allowed on the tour?
- We encourage the use of cameras and video cameras on this tour. There are many great opportunities to take photographs at the culinary stops and other scenic areas on this tour.
- Can we purchase souvenirs during the tour?
- Guests will have the opportunity to purchase Door County products and souvenirs at all stops on the tour.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, we do offer gift certificates. For more information, click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link on the left side of the page.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Privately chartered tours and "Step on Guide" services are available for the Culinary Tour and other Door County Trolley Tours. Click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information. In addition to private tours, our trolleys are also available for private events, such as weddings, reunions, parties and corporate events.
Door County Trolley
Door County Trolley is now in its 11th year in business, has a fleet of 9 trolleys, and offers 10 entertaining "themed trolley tours" throughout the year in Door County, Wisconsin. All Door County Trolley tour guides are thoroughly trained by A.J. and will entertain you from the beginning to the end of your tour.
In addition to the themed trolley tours, trolleys are available for private group tours and wedding charters throughout Wisconsin. Most recently "Step on Guide" services are also available to charter bus groups in the area.
Our trolley tours have been showcased in USA Today, Midwest Living Magazine and the Chicago Tribune, just to name a few...