During this five-hour tour, we enjoy dinner from start to finish. Our evening starts with hors d'oeuvres and drinks at our first stop, moves on to dinner at our second stop and finishes with a decadent dessert at our last stop.
Hors d'oeuvres and drinks will be held at a surprise location. Our elegant dinner will take place at "The English Inn" in the quaint village of Fish Creek. After which, we top off our evening with dessert at a romantic Ephraim inn.
See why this tour redefines a "night out"!!!
Our trolleys can take up to 28 people, feature in-trolley speaker systems, are heated, and have comfortable, cushioned seats.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I need to purchase my tickets in advance?
- Yes, we highly recommend purchasing your tickets in advance as tours often sell out. To ensure you get the day and time you want, we suggest purchasing well in advance. Tickets can be purchased using a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- Our tours run rain or shine, and are always enjoyable no matter what the weather is like. Please be sure to dress appropriately for the weather, as we will getting off the Trolley at the three dining stops.
- If an event is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. If a date is sold out, there is always a chance that we may add an additional event. Please contact us by clicking on the “Contact DoorTrolley” link on the left side of the page to let us know what date you are interested in.
- Is this tour recommended for children?
- This tour is not recommended for children. Given that the tour is 5 hours of adult company and conversation, we feel most children would not enjoy this tour. That said, if you would like to bring children, please note that we do not offer a reduced price child ticket for this tour. We do ask you to notify us when purchasing tickets if you will be bringing any children.
- Is there parking available at the pickup location?
- Yes, there is free parking available at the pickup location.
- Does the tour start and end in the same place?
- Yes, the tour starts and finishes in the same location.
- Are food and drinks allowed on the trolley?
- Yes, guests can bring their own non-alcoholic beverages to enjoy during the tour. (Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.) We ask that people do their best to be neat and remove any trash after the tour is over. Please note there is limited storage space on the trolley so coolers are not permitted on board.
- Does the trolley have heat ?
- The trolley is heated and enclosed for year round use. However, weather appropriate clothing is recommended as we exit the trolley to enter each of the 3 stops on the tour.
- How much time do we spend on the trolley?
- Less than half the tour is actually spent on the trolley. The hors d' oeuvres stop is about 1 hour in duration, dinner 1 hour - 1hr and 15 minutes in duration and dessert 30 minutes.
- Is there a bathroom on the trolley?
- No, unfortunately there is no bathroom aboard the trolley. But there are bathroom facilities available at all our dining locations as well as the pickup location.
- Is the trolley handicap accessible?
- Unfortunately, our old-time trolley is not wheelchair accessible as there are approximately 3 steps up into the vehicle. However, we will be glad to help anyone who may need assistance. Keep in mind that due to limited storage space on the trolley there isn't room to store wheelchairs and walkers on board. If someone in your group has limited mobility and you have specific questions or concerns, please click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information before purchasing tickets.
- How much walking will we do on the tour?
- There is minimal walking on the tour for short distances. Guests will be getting off and on the trolley and walking approximately 50 ft to 100 ft. from the trolley into each of the 3 locations.
- Can I store anything on the trolley?
- There is limited storage space available on the trolley, so there isn't room to store large objects like wheelchairs and walkers. Please contact us before purchasing tickets by clicking on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link if you have any questions.
- Are cameras or video cameras allowed on the tour?
- We encourage the use of cameras and video cameras. There are many great opportunities to take photographs on each of the locations.
- What does dinner include?
- Progressive Dinner stops will include hors d'oeuvres and one drink (beer, wine or non-alcoholic beverage), dinner and dessert/coffee. Generally, there are three entrees to choose from at dinner and a glass of wine or beer (or non-alcoholic beverage) is included with your meal. Please note a vegetarian entree is available and most dietary restrictions can be accommodated during the dinner portion. Please let your server know when you place your order.
- What is included in the hors d'oeuvre tasting?
- The hors d'oeuvre tasting will offer participants a few things to choose from and may include things like cheese & crackers, smoked fish, fresh vegetables and Swedish meatballs. Please note that the options often vary from tour to tour and the tastings cannot be changed to accommodate dietary restrictions.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Privately chartered tours and "Step on Guide" services are available for the Progressive Dinner Outing and other Door County Trolley Tours. Click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information. In addition to private tours, our trolleys are also available for private events, such as weddings, reunions, parties and corporate events.
Door County Trolley
Door County Trolley is now in its 11th year in business, has a fleet of 9 trolleys, and offers 10 entertaining "themed trolley tours" throughout the year in Door County, Wisconsin. All Door County Trolley tour guides are thoroughly trained by A.J. and will entertain you from the beginning to the end of your tour.
In addition to the themed trolley tours, trolleys are available for private group tours and wedding charters throughout Wisconsin. Most recently "Step on Guide" services are also available to charter bus groups in the area.
Our trolley tours have been showcased in USA Today, Midwest Living Magazine and the Chicago Tribune, just to name a few...