Lurking beneath the charming waterfront community of Sturgeon Bay lives the horror of its horrific murders, haunted buildings and spirited maritime past.
During this two-hour tour, you'll not only hear the spooky tales, but your guide will lead you off the trolley at four different stops to get a closer look at the places that are a part of Sturgeon Bay's haunted past.
Join us on this haunted Trolley Ghost Tour to discover the mysterious happenings that still exist in "Olde Sturgeon Bay"...
Our trolleys can take up to 28 people, feature in-trolley speaker systems, are heated, and have comfortable, cushioned seats.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|normanthayer||Fri, Sep 26 7:00 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Just stories. Could or could not be true. Definitely not haunted or even scary. Kinda lame since it was billed as a haunted tour. But I went in after reading the reviews and kept an open mind. But still it was lame. Even the very enthusiastic 10 year old seemed to have his bubble burst. :(
Love Ghost Stories
|LGarbett||Sat, Sep 20 7:00 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
We range from the age of 49-14 and loved the ghost stories, Loved to hear the history behind the area. Would do it again.
|kowalewski||Sat, Oct 26, 13 8:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
Tour guide was fantastic! Stories were very interesting & suprising. Not "scary" though.
|Hernandez322||Sat, Oct 26, 13 6:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
My husband and I really enjoyed the Ghost Trolly Tour. Our tour guide did an outstanding job of narrating the stories and holding our interest. My husband was concerned the tour was going to be silly or for teenagers. He was very impressed and learned some historical facts about the area. We have already recommended to friends for next year.
|Kkers451||Sat, Oct 26, 13 6:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
We had a great tour guide. He was a very good storyteller, and it was very interesting to learn some local history.
|slmharris||Fri, Oct 25, 13 6:00 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Other|
I really enjoyed the ghost tour of Sturgeon Bay. I grew up there and wondered what ghost stories would be told. As it turned out I had heard most of the stories before but had some of my "facts" mixed up so it was nice to get the true facts. Our driver/narrator was great in spite of a very cold blustery evening.
|geraldineBod||Fri, Oct 25, 13 6:00 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Unspecified|
True stories are spookier
|tonjarae||Sat, Oct 19, 13 8:00 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
I have two adult children in their 20's who came to town for the weekend. I currently live in Green Bay. I've always wanted to do this tour but I used to live 2 hours south of here and never could make it work. We had a fantastic time and plan on doing the one in Fish Creek next year.
we were pleased.
|nancyswinton||Fri, Oct 18, 13 6:00 PM||Female||70+||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
nothing was definite nor backed up with facts -- just stories.
Interesting Sturgeon Bay ghost tour
|ljluschen||Sat, Oct 12, 13 8:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
It was an informative tour with stories of possible ghosts and/or hauntings. Made me want to find out more. However, the music that was played on the trolley in between stories and/or stops was a bit loud. Overall, a fun experience.
- Do I need to purchase my tickets in advance?
- Yes, we highly recommend purchasing your tickets in advance as tours often sell out. To ensure you get the day and time you want, we suggest purchasing well in advance. Tickets can be purchased using a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- Our tours run rain or shine and are always enjoyable no matter what the weather is like. Please be sure to dress appropriately for the weather, though, as we will get off the trolley four times on this Haunted Tour.
- If an event is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. If a date is sold out, there is always a chance that we may add an additional event. Please contact us by clicking on the “Contact DoorTrolley” link to the left of the page to let us know what date you are interested in.
- Is this tour recommended for children?
- This tour is recommended for children 5 years old and up. Kids under 5 years old are not allowed on the tour for the enjoyment of the other guests. We do ask you to notify us when purchasing tickets the age of any children you will be bringing on the tour.
- Is there parking available at the pickup location?
- Yes, there is free parking available at the pickup location.
- Does the tour start and end in the same place?
- Yes, the tour starts and finishes in the same location.
- Are food and drinks allowed on the trolley?
- Yes, guests can bring a snack and non-alcoholic beverage to enjoy during the tour. (Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.) We ask that people do their best to be neat and remove any trash after the tour is over. Please note there is limited storage space on the trolley so coolers are not permitted on board.
- Does the trolley have heat and air conditioning?
- The trolley is heated and enclosed for year round use, however, there is no air conditioning. Please keep in mind that since we are near the water and the windows do open, hot days are rarely a problem. On summer days with the windows open, you can experience the feel of the old-time trolleys.
- How much time do we spend on the trolley?
- Less than half the tour is actually spent on the trolley. Guests will be getting off the trolley at 4 stops during the tour, for approximately 5-15 minutes at each stop. Weather appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Is there a bathroom on the trolley?
- No, unfortunately there is no bathroom aboard the trolley. Please use the bathroom facilities before arriving at the pickup location.
- Is the trolley handicap accessible?
- Unfortunately, our old-time trolley is not wheelchair accessible as there are approximately 3 steps up into the vehicle. However, we will be glad to help anyone who may need assistance. Keep in mind that due to limited storage space on the trolley there isn't room to store wheelchairs and walkers on board. If someone in your group has limited mobility and you have specific questions or concerns, please click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information before purchasing tickets.
- How much walking will we do on the tour?
- We will be getting off the trolley 4 times during the tour, but we move at a casual pace. There is minimal to moderate walking for short distances on the tour but comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Can I store anything on the trolley?
- There is limited storage space available on the trolley, so there isn't room to store large objects like wheelchairs and walkers. Please contact us before purchasing tickets by clicking on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link if you have any questions.
- How long will we spend at each location?
- Several ghost stories are told on the trolley as well as during the 4 stops when we get off the trolley. We will spend approximately 5-15 minutes off the trolley at each stop.
- Are cameras or video cameras allowed on the tour?
- We encourage the use of cameras and video cameras on this tour. There are many great opportunities to take photographs of both Door County's scenic and "spirited" places that we visit on this tour.
- Can we purchase souvenirs during the tour?
- No, there are no stops for shopping on this tour.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, we do offer gift certificates. For more information, click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link on the left side of the page.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Privately chartered tours and "Step on Guide" services are available for the Haunted Olde Sturgeon Bay Ghost Tour and other Door County Trolley Tours. Click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information. In addition to private tours, our trolleys are also available for private events, such as weddings, reunions, parties and corporate events.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Children under 5 years old are not allowed.
- Children under the age of 5 are not allowed on this tour for the enjoyment of all participants. If you are bringing any children who are 5 and older, we do ask that you let us know the age of any participating children by entering a Message to the Seller.
Door County Trolley
Door County Trolley is now in its 11th year in business, has a fleet of 9 trolleys, and offers 10 entertaining "themed trolley tours" throughout the year in Door County, Wisconsin. All Door County Trolley tour guides are thoroughly trained by A.J. and will entertain you from the beginning to the end of your tour.
In addition to the themed trolley tours, trolleys are available for private group tours and wedding charters throughout Wisconsin. Most recently "Step on Guide" services are also available to charter bus groups in the area.
Our trolley tours have been showcased in USA Today, Midwest Living Magazine and the Chicago Tribune, just to name a few...