During this one hour tour, we'll visit some of the most scenic places in and around the Fish Creek area, including:
- Peninsula State Park and its 225 foot limestone bluffs overlooking scenic island vistas
- Historic Downtown Fish Creek
Don't forget to bring your camera! There will be many opportunities to take photos of some of the most beautiful areas of Door County.
Our trolleys can take up to 28 people, feature in-trolley speaker systems, are heated, and have comfortable, cushioned seats.
- Do I need to purchase my tickets in advance?
- Yes, we highly recommend purchasing your tickets in advance as tours often sell out. To ensure you get the day and time you want, we suggest purchasing well in advance. Tickets can be purchased using a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- Our tours run rain or shine, and are always enjoyable no matter what the weather is like. Please be sure to dress appropriately for the weather. However, if the weather is not cooperative we will spend little or no time off the trolley.
- If an event is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. If a date is sold out, there is always a chance that we may add an additional event. Please contact us by clicking on the “Contact DoorTrolley” link on the left side of the page to let us know what date you are interested in.
- Is this tour recommended for children?
- Children are welcome to join us for this tour and we do offer a reduced price child ticket for children ages 2 through 12. Kids under 2 years old can come for free as long as they will be sitting on a parent's lap. We do ask you to notify us when purchasing tickets if you will be bringing young children.
- Are food and drinks allowed on the trolley?
- Yes, guests can bring their own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages to enjoy during the tour. (Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.) We ask that people do their best to be neat and remove any trash after the tour is over. Please note there is limited storage space on the trolley so coolers are not permitted on board.
- Does the trolley have heat and air conditioning?
- The trolley is heated and enclosed for year round use, however, there is no air conditioning. Please keep in mind that since we are near the water and the windows do open, hot days are rarely a problem. On summer days with the windows open, you can experience the feel of the old-time trolleys.
- How much time do we spend on the trolley?
- Guests have the opportunity to get off the trolley two times on the scenic limestone bluffs for photographs, so don't forget to bring your cameras.
- Is there parking available at the pickup location?
- Yes, there is free parking available at the pickup location.
- Does the tour start and end in the same place?
- Yes, the tour starts and finishes in the same location.
- Is there a bathroom on the trolley?
- No, unfortunately there is no bathroom aboard the trolley, but there are bathroom facilities available at the meeting location.
- Is the trolley handicap accessible?
- Unfortunately, our old-time trolley is not wheelchair accessible as there are approximately 3 steps up into the vehicle. However, we will be glad to help anyone who may need assistance. Keep in mind that due to limited storage space on the trolley there isn't room to store wheelchairs and walkers on board. If someone in your group has limited mobility and you have specific questions or concerns, please click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information before purchasing tickets.
- How much walking will we do on the tour?
- There is very little to no walking required on this tour. All the great vistas are right outside the trolley windows.
- Can I store a stroller or wheelchair on the trolley?
- There is limited storage space available on the trolley, so there isn't room to store large objects like wheelchairs and strollers. If you are bringing young children, small strollers that fold may be ok. Please contact us before purchasing tickets by clicking on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link if you have any questions.
- How many stops do we make?
- There are two opportunities during this tour for guests to get off the trolley to take photos.
- Are cameras or video cameras allowed on the tour?
- We encourage the use of cameras and video cameras on this tour. There are many great opportunities to take photographs of the scenic views along the way.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Privately chartered tours and "Step on Guide" services are available for a variety of our Door County Trolley Tours. Click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information. In addition to private tours, our trolleys are also available for private events, such as weddings, reunions, parties and corporate events.
Door County Trolley
Door County Trolley is now in its 11th year in business, has a fleet of 9 trolleys, and offers 10 entertaining "themed trolley tours" throughout the year in Door County, Wisconsin. All Door County Trolley tour guides are thoroughly trained by A.J. and will entertain you from the beginning to the end of your tour.
In addition to the themed trolley tours, trolleys are available for private group tours and wedding charters throughout Wisconsin. Most recently "Step on Guide" services are also available to charter bus groups in the area.
Our trolley tours have been showcased in USA Today, Midwest Living Magazine and the Chicago Tribune, just to name a few...