On this cruise, you will:
- Enjoy a fully narrated Eco tour
- Disembark at a deserted island called Panther key for about 20 minutes to explore and collect beautiful shells
- Take in the spectacular views on Faka Union Bay
- Enjoy complimentary water, soda and assorted chips
Our manatee viewing and nature tours are fully narrated by knowledgeable local Captains and our catamaran is stable, comfortable and USCG certified. You'll learn interesting facts about the manatees, alligators, dolphins, and tropical bird species, along with information about the Everglades.
The natural beauty of this very unique ecosystem will amaze you. You're likely to see:
- Many species of rare and endangered tropical birds such as the Ibis, Egret, Great Blue Heron, Osprey, Pelican and the American Bald Eagle
Tours are scheduled to run 3:00 - 6:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays only thru April 30, 2012.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes, advance purchase is required, as tours often sell out in advance. Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Can I bring children with me? What ages get a reduced price?
- Children of all ages are more than welcome. We recommend that you bring a child seat or stroller on board for the younger children. Children 4 to 12 have a reduced ticket price, and children 3 and under are free.
- What happens if it rains? Is the boat covered?
- We monitor the weather and are constantly watching the radar. If it isn't safe to go out, we will reschedule the tour and you will be able to reschedule or receive credit for a future trip. Our 32' catamaran is fully covered. Our goal is to provide a safe, comfortable experience for all of our guests.
- Should I tip the guide?
- A 15% to 20% tip is appropriate.
- What wildlife will we see on the trip?
- You will see manatees, various tropical birds, alligators and occasionally dolphin.
- How long will we spend manatee viewing?
- We will spend approximately 20 minutes viewing the manatees.
- Are we guaranteed to see wildlife? What happens if I don't get to see anything?
- We do not guarantee seeing Mother Nature. Please remember you are viewing the wildlife in their natural habitat. It is very rare that you will not see anything.
- Are there better times of the year or the day to see manatee and other wildlife?
- We see manatees and wildlife year round and throughout the day.
- Are we allowed to touch or feed the animals?
- It is against Federal law to touch or feed the animals.
- Are food or drinks served on the trip?
- We provide complimentary bottled water.
- Can I bring food and drink with me on the boat?
- As we provide bottled water, we welcome you to bring anything else you wish to eat or drink along with you on the tour.
- Tell me more about the Double R catamaran.
- This is a USCG certified 32' catamaran that is licensed for up to 35 passengers. The boat is fully covered and has a small restroom on board.
- Are there restrooms on board?
- Yes there is a small restroom on board. We recommend using the restrooms at the hotel prior to the tour.
- What should I wear?
- We recommend wearing polarized sunglasses, sunscreen, shorts, t-shirt, sandals and bringing a light jacket.
- How early do I need to arrive?
- We suggest arriving approximately 20 - 30 minutes prior to tour departure.
- How far of a drive are you from Fort Myers?
- We are an hour's drive from Fort Myers airport.
- How far of a drive are you from Marco Island?
- We are a 25 minute drive from Marco Island.
- How far of a drive are you from downtown Naples?
- We are a 40 minute drive from downtown Naples.
- How far are you from Everglades City?
- We are only a 20 minute drive from Everglades City.
- Where should I park? How much does it cost?
- Please park to the left side of the hotel. Parking is free.
- Will I get wet?
- No, you will not be departing the boat at all during the tour.
- Is smoking allowed on board?
- There is no smoking allowed on board.
- Is the boat safe?
- The boat goes through a USCG inspection every year. It is very safe.
- Are life jackets available on board?
- Yes, life jackets are required by the USCG to be on board.
- Will I get seasick?
- No you will not get seasick. The water in the estuaries of The Ten Thousand Islands is very calm.
- Is the boat handicap accessible?
- Yes the boat is handicap accessible.
- Are special rates available for larger groups?
- Yes there are special rates for larger groups. 6 or more people there is a 15% discount.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes gift certificates are available. Please click on the "Contact DoubleRsTour" link to request additional information.
- Can I book a private trip?
- Yes, we can offer private trips. Please click on the "Contact DoubleRsTour" link to request additional information and hear about special options we can offer your group.
- What other kinds of trips do you offer?
- We offer a 2.5 hour manatee cruise and you can check it out by clicking the "2.5 hour Manatee Eco Nature Tour" link to the left of the page. We also offer one hour manatee viewing tours and private fishing charters. Please click on the "Contact DoubleRsTour" link if you're interested in a private fishing charter.
Double R's Fishing & Tour Company
Whether you are on a vacation in Florida or live in the area, Double R's Manatee and Eco Tours at the Port of the Islands is the best way to see the Everglades and the 10,000 Islands. You will be amazed to see a world unlike any other no matter what time of year you choose to visit. We are your source for great passenger boat tours of the 10,000 Islands, a true nature experience.