On this 1 1/2 hour guided Mural Art Tour you will have the opportunity to be guided by a local artist and explore the Central Arts District discovering murals around every corner. Your knowelgeable guide will uncover the vibrant stories that make each mural come alive.
Want to be a local for a couple of hours in Downtown St. Petersburg and head beyond the tourist traps? Discovering large scale art as well as unique businesses in the district.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to buy tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance for all our tours. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express through this site or over the phone. Cash is not accepted.
- If a tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- Currently we have no waiting list, however, there is always a possibility we may add an additional tour on that day. Please contact us by clicking "Contact ESIFoodTours" to the left of the page to let us know what date you are interested in.
- Is the tour suitable for children? What type of ticket should I purchase for a young child?
- Children are welcome on the tours, however, parents, who know their children best, should assess whether a 1.5 hour walking tour is appropriate for their own children. If it is, there are separate tickets for different aged children!
- How much walking is involved? Is it a fast-paced tour?
- You will be walking and standing for about an hour while you are guided around the Central Art District neighborhood which is about a 4 block radius. The pace is easy going and enjoyable with plenty of time to take pictures. You will not get the opportunity to sit until the end when you will be enjoying the local restaurant.
- Do the tours have anything to offer a local?
- Absolutely, many of our participants live in St. Petersburg or the surrounding areas. In fact, some have lived here for 20 years and are happily surprised to discover new places they have never been to or learn about the history and culture of the neighborhoods.
- Does the tour end the same place as we meet?
- Yes, the tour begins at the Florida Craftsman and ends a few doors away at a local restaurant.
- Are there bathrooms available on the tour?
- Yes. There will be time to use the bathroom at the beginning and end of the tour.
- Is the tour wheelchair and baby stroller accessible?
- Yes, all tours are wheelchair and baby stroller accessible.
- What happens if it rains the day of the tour?
- The tours are given rain or shine! However, in Florida we are lucky enough to see the sun on 99% of our tours! Check the weather before leaving and wear clothes that are suitable for the climate that day.
- Where do I park?
- The best place to park is right on Central Avenue which gives you 2 hours of parking for $2 and is free on weekends!
- Does the tour guide accept gratuities?
- Yes, although not mandatory, are appreciated. If you had a fabulous time, please be sure to tip your tour guide. The standard gratuity in the service industry is 15 to 20%.
- Are tours offered only in English?
- Yes, at this time our tours are only offered in English.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, Gift Certificates are available. Please click on the "Contact ESIFoodTours" link to let us know if your are interested in one, so we can make arrangements to send it to you or the recipient
- Can I book a private group tour?
- Yes, private group tours are also available! Please click on the "Contact ESIFoodTours" link on the left side of the page to send us an inquiry.
Eat.Sip.Indulge Food Tours
Our exciting guided adventures will introduce you to an insider's view of the diverse local art scene on a neighborhood level. Combining knowledgable artists as your guides highlighting the vibrant stories behind the murals and history of the people and places that have made St Petersburg an exciting Florida art and culinary destination.
We are truly passionate about locally owned and operated businesses and aritsts and when we began our journey creating this company we wanted to actively help grow other businesses and support the arts. We believe that each community matters and that is why it is important to keep it local.
We love our tours and hope you will enjoy them just as much as we do.