The Eating Rehoboth tour also visits specialty food shops and beachy outdoor venues. As you stroll along the Boardwalk and through the streets of Rehoboth Beach, our seasoned guides will bring you up-to-date on local history and restaurant lore. Combined experiences add up to a delicious lunch, some great memories and take-home items.
During this 3-hour, 21 and older only tour, you will visit foodie destinations such as:
- a(MUSE.), up-to-the-minute molecular gastronomy from James Beard-nominated and Chef Of The Year Award-winning toque, Hari Cameron.
- The Back Porch Cafe -- 40 years of country French dining just steps from the Atlantic.
- Mariachi Restaurant -- Upscale Spanish cuisine with a Mexican and Salvadoran accent. Owner Yolanda will welcome you with, "Mi casa, su casa!"
A sip, a bite, and a chance to meet an owner or a chef, all add up to a great lunch, lots of fun and brand new friends. And ... you're now free to return to your favorite place knowing what to expect and what to order!
Please note: We are sorry, but EatingRehoboth and EatingLewes tours are unable to accommodate any dietary restrictions, allergies or food substitutions.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
10/24/13 Eating Rehoboth
|wilmo19809||Fri, Oct 24 1:00 PM||Male||40-49||Combination||Family Without Children|
GREAT selection of restaurants - including one I was hoping would be on the tour as they just opened at the end of the summer. The hosts at each of the restaurants were very upbeat and seemed truly glad to have the group come in. Susan was a great tour guide and helped to make it a really positive experience.
Thooroughly enjoyable and informative
|nehoc7||Sun, Oct 19 1:00 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
Nothing more to say - the food was an adventure and the guide very entertaining
Superb food and drink tasting
|PhilDrew||Sun, Oct 19 1:00 PM||Male||70+||Local||Couple on a Date|
Bob did a superb job. Great food, excellent discussion by chefs, very difficult to hear Bob when walking between various stops. Several missed opportunities to relate Rehoboth history as we walked.
Excellent- great way to try out new places!
|Bevinnh||Sun, Oct 12 1:00 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Other|
We all loved this tour. Excellent food, wonderful drinks and an electric, interesting group!
This is a great tour.
|dick_cheryl||Sun, Oct 12 1:00 PM||Female||70+||Local||Group of Friends|
The guide was very knowledgeable. It s a great way to get an introduction to a restaurant to decide which you'd like to go back to. We plan to do Lewes next.
Fun and Delicious
|Deldiane||Sun, Oct 5 1:00 PM||Female||60-69||Combination||Other|
My group of 8 High School girlfriends had a blast on the tour! Lovely fall day for the walk, and delicious food and beverages along the way. Bob was a fun and congenial host with lots of interesting facts to share about places we passed on the "3 Hour Tour" Can't wait to do it again when family comes home.
A "Must Try" Event!!
|17Zerve13||Fri, Oct 3 1:00 PM||Female||50-59||Combination||Family Without Children|
If you enjoy great food and experiencing tastes from different cultures; trying new or revisiting tried and true restaurants; socializing with a great group of people; meeting Owners, Chefs and Bartenders from some of the areas best restaurants, all while visiting Rehoboth Beach or Lewes...you MUST give the Walking Food Tours a try! You by far will not be disappointed. There was nothing about the tour that my family enjoyed that could have been improved upon....so looking forward to our next tour and a new set of restaurants!
Good variety of restaurants
|patriciast||Fri, Sep 26 1:00 PM||Female||60-69||Combination||Group of Friends|
Good sampling of different restaurants. Will definitely go back to some of them.
great way to start our vacation
|SallyCh||Sun, Sep 21 1:00 PM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Great introduction to the area restaurants. Much fun.
i had a great time and sampled great food
|lproutt||Sun, Sep 21 1:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
this is a great way to see the great town of rehoboth and sample the great restaurants it has to offer. I met some great people and would highly recommend this tour
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay with cash?
- Advance purchase is required, since tours can often sell out. Tickets can be purchased online or by calling Zerve with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. Cash is not accepted. Book in advance to maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer. Tickets are non-refundable and can only be used for the stated date and time you selected. If your desired date/time is unavailable, another tour might still be available on another day.
- Is there an age requirement for the tour?
- Alcohol is served at some of our stops, so our age minimum is 21. If there is a question, we will ask for proper government issued ID.
- What if it rains?
- The tour is held rain or shine. But don’t worry! Some of our best tours have taken place in less-than-perfect weather! And we will provide umbrellas for your use during the tour.
- Can I get a refund if I can't make the tour?
- Your space is guaranteed, so tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled. No partial credit or rescheduling is allowed for partial attendance, no-shows or late arrivals. It is your responsibility to join us at the right location and at the right time. Tours depart promptly.
- How much food will I eat on the tour?
- There are typically 5 stops where you will be served small specialty tastes. Most participants will not find it necessary to eat afterwards. But you will probably have room for a late evening bite– preferably at one of the restaurants you visited!
- What types of food are served on the tour?
- The chefs decide what you will be sampling. Sometimes it’s a surprise! Typically it will be a seasonal item, from soups to an appetizer, a small salad or a taste of the restaurant’s specialty.
- Are beverages served on the tour?
- Water is supplied or is available at all restaurants. Some also provide samples of specialty cocktails, beers or wine. Please do not bring any outside food or alcohol to the tour.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Absolutely! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Contact EatRehoboth" link to the left of the page to send an inquiry. One of our staff members will respond to your request as soon as possible.
- How long is the tour?
- Approximately 3 hours. During the summer when the parking meters are in effect, we strongly recommend you arrange to park for at least 4 hours.
- Is there a lot of walking on the tour? What about wheelchairs?
- The tour covers about 1.5 miles (10-30 minutes total walking.) We walk at a leisurely pace and include several stops. While many of the stops on our tour are wheelchair-accessible, some may not be. Please click on the "Contact Rehoboth" link to the left of the page if you have additional questions about wheelchair accessibility.
- What if I have dietary restrictions?
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate any dietary restrictions at this time.
- Are there vegetarian options on the tour?
- Unfortunately we do not offer vegetarian options at this time. However, we are planning vegetarian tours for the future.
- Does the tour have anything to offer to locals?
- Absolutely! You will learn more of the area’s history and have the opportunity to meet behind-the-scenes owners and managers from the area's restaurants.
- How many people will there be on the tour?
- The maximum number of people per tour guide is 16.
- Do we just walk around and sample food?
- Eating Rehoboth combines a culinary tour with a narrative of Rehoboth’s history and whimsical tidbits to give you new insights into downtown Rehoboth Beach. Tours also include opportunities to interact with chefs or proprietors and/or restaurant staff.
- Are restrooms available during the tour?
- Yes. Bathrooms are available at each of the restaurant stops.
- Where does the tour finish?
- Tours end within easy walking distance of our starting point.
- Can I shop on the tour?
- In deference to other participants and our restaurants’ schedules, we ask that you wait until after the tour to shop so we can ensure an enjoyable experience for all.
- Can I bring my dog (or cat, parrot, gecko, etc.)?
- Health department regulations prohibit all animals in restaurants, other than service animals.
- What should I wear?
- Casual and comfortable is the order of the day. But please, no swimsuits. You will be visiting some of the finer restaurants in town, so “No shirt, no shoes, no service” definitely applies.
- Is parking available near the meeting location?
- Parking can be challenging in the downtown area. Participants should arrive with plenty of time and patience to find parking. Detailed meeting location and parking details will be provided immediately upon ticket purchase.
- What about gratuities?
- Gratuities for the restaurants are included in your ticket price. Tips for your tour guide are not required, but are always appreciated.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Yes! To learn more about Private Group Packages, please click on the "Contact EatRehoboth" link on the left of the page to send an inquiry. Please include your preferred date, time and party size.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Dietary resrictions
- We are sorry, but EatingRehoboth tours are unable to accommodate any dietary restrictions, allergies or food substitutions at this time.
- All participants must be age 21 or over with valid ID.
- Each attendee must be age 21 or older and have proper government-issued ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID). Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
Deb Griffin, Paul Cullen and the Rehoboth Foodie want you to experience the dining delights of Rehoboth Beach, the recognized culinary destination on the Delaware Coast.
Eating Rehoboth lets you sample some of the best eateries in town during the ultimate Rehoboth food tour.
The Rehoboth Foodie is a restaurant reviewer and columnist, published up and down the Delaware and Maryland coasts. He maintains RehobothFoodie.com, the definitive restaurant review and commentary website, and is the author of the popular travel app, Rehoboth In My Pocket. If it's in Rehoboth and it involves a restaurant, he'll know about it!
Deb Griffin is a real estate agent by day and Rehoboth explorer by night! In 2006 Deb got her Real Estate license and loves exploring all that Delaware has to offer. She uses that info to publish The Local Buzz, a newsletter that keeps everyone in the know about what’s new in Rehoboth Beach.
Paul Cullen is the former bass guitarist for the rock band Bad Company and now follows his passion for guitar, wine and food! He recently released 3 CDs that feature cool, Latin jazz. His Cullen-ary skills shine as he pairs the perfect wines with the perfect foods. Explore Rehoboth and find Paul playing in a posh eatery, performing a cooking demo and pourin' delicious wines.