All Day Fishing Techniques
- Reef Trolling/Offshore Trolling
- Drift Fishing/Anchor Fishing the Reefs
- Live Baiting/Kite Fishing
- Deep Dropping/Shipwreck Fishing
- whatever it takes to catch fish!
Mary B III Fishing Boat Features
- Fully equiped 55' sportfishing boat
- Outriggers, Downriggers, Live Bait Wells
- Large Cabin with 2 dinette tables/seating
- Men's and Women's clean restrooms
- Open fishing around entire boat-Walkaround
All bait, tackle, licenses, rods/reel are included in the ticket price.
What Is Not Included?
- What have you been catching lately?
- 03-27-14: We had a great dolphin catch today. 12 dolphin, 3 kingfish, 4 bonitos and 3 blackfin tunas. The dolphin were all nice ones, only 1 under 10 pounds and the biggest was at least a 25 pounder if not bigger. We found one pod of 3 dolphin and the rest were caught randomly throughout the day. There's a lot of dolphin in 100-300ft of water these days, just a mile off our coast. If you have any questions about this trip, call Capt. Andy anytime at 754-214-7863.
- --------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT TICKETS/POLICIES---------------------------
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended, as trips often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please buy your tickets well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- We still go out. We are primarily concerned with wind and sea conditions and they are not necessarily bad during the rain. If it is raining, please dress appropriately and consider bringing a poncho if you can. In the case of severe weather, we may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in which case you will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Are children allowed?
- We love children! Children are allowed to attend our all day dolphin trips, but they must also secure a ticket for the trip. Children 4 years of age and under do not typically attend these trips, but we can make exceptions if the projected weather for the day of your trip predicts calm seas.Please click “Contact FishingHQ” to check boat availability and weather forecast if you have a child age 4 or younger that you wish to bring!
- Is the trip suitable for pregnant women?
- Pregnant women shouldn't have a problem, as we are lucky enough to have calm waters most of the time here in Fort Lauderdale. Women in their third trimester should consider consulting a doctor before attending, especially if the waters are choppy!
- Do I need to have fishing experience?
- No! A lot of people who join us for the all day dolphin fishing have never fished before. Our expert crew loves to teach you the skills you will need.
- What is the difference between this trip and the other trips you offer?
- Our all day dolphin trips focus on larger fish like dolphin or mahi mahi, and are one of the longest trips we offer - therefore giving you the most time to catch whatever you can! If you're interested in fishing for strong and big gamefish, the Friday night swordfishing trip is the way to go - we fish almost exclusively for the broad billed swordfish that is much larger and stronger than the fish we look for on our regular drift fishing trips. Our Saturday night drift fishing trip adds two more hours of fishing fun to the regular four hour daily trip. We also can explore more territory on Saturday nights with the extra time that we can't get to on the regular trips.
- Can I still go on the trip if I don't want to fish?
- Sure! If you want to come on the trip but don't want to fish, you are welcome to come on the trip, but you must purchase a regular priced ticket.
- ------------QUESTIONS ABOUT FISHING, LIMITS, & TRIP SPECIFICS--------------
- What happens if I don't catch any fish?
- We can only guarantee great fishing, not catching. Our crew will do everything we can to put you where the fish are, but we can not control what does or does not bite the hook. If you don't catch anything, please come back for another trip to try again!
- What are the limits on the fish that I catch?
- There are legal limits on both fish size and quantity in the state of Florida depending upon the species. Your crew will keep you informed during the trip of any regulations - however, legal limits are high enough that you will most likely be able to keep everything you catch!
- Can I eat the fish I catch?
- Of course, and you should, as dolphin/mahi mahi are some of the best tasting fish out there! Our crew is always happy to clean and fillet your fish for you. You can even ask us about which restaurants in town will cook your fish for you. Of course our mates work for tips, so please keep that in mind!
- Can I sell the fish I catch?
- Unfortunately, selling fish that you catch on the trip is illegal in the state of Florida. If there any fish that you don't want, please give them to the mates who are licensed to sell them. Otherwise, use your catches for a celebratory feast afterwards! Our crew will help you clean and fillet your fish.
- How far will the boat go out?
- The boat will usually go up to around one mile off the shore.
- How long will it be until we start fishing?
- It will usually be about a 20 minute boat ride before we stop and start fishing.
- At what depth will we be fishing?
- We will anchor the boat anywhere from 45 feet to 100 feet deep.
- -----------------------FISHING EQUIPMENT/LICENSES----------------------------
- What type of gear should I bring if I want to use my own?
- All gear is included in your ticket price. However, if you'd like to bring your own, we recommend a 20 lb dolphin bailing spinner. We have all the trolling equipment you will need! Bait is also included in the ticket price.
- What type of bait should I bring if I want to bring my own?
- On the all day dolphin trips, all your bait is included in your ticket price. If you'd like to bring your own, we will be using ballyhoo, sardines, squid, and standard trolling lures.
- Do I need a fishing license?
- No, you will not need a fishing license in order to attend the fishing trip.
- -----------------------------------WHAT SHOULD I BRING----------------------------------
- What types of food and beverages are available on board?
- Unfortunately there are no foods or beverages offered on the boat itself - please bring your own foods and beverages that will sustain you for the duration of the trip! There is a convenience store located just next to the meeting location if you'd like to purchase additional snacks before the trip departs.
- What do I need to bring?
- We provide all of the fishing licenses, tackle, bait, coolers and ice that you may need as part of your ticket price. All you need to bring is your own food and drinks, and some layers to keep you warm in the evening hours! Keep in mind that hard liquor and glass bottles/containers are not allowed on board.
- What is not allowed on the boat?
- For safety reasons, please do not bring any glass bottles or containers on board the boat.
- May I bring alcohol on board?
- Sure, feel free to bring beer or wine coolers, but hard liquor is not allowed on board. No glass bottles or containers, please.
- Should I tip the crew?
- Your mates work very hard to make your trip as enjoyable as possible. If you had a great time, tips are highly appreciated! Most people tip 20% of their trip's ticket cost.
- Can I bring an ice chest or cooler?
- You may bring your own personal ice chest or cooler, but keep in mind that we have our own coolers aboard and an ice machine for your use.
- ---------------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BOAT-----------------------------------
- What boat will we be going on?
- The all day dolphin trip goes out on the "Mary B III", our 55 foot Gulfcraft. The boat has a capacity to take up to 50 passengers, although this trip is limited to 14 passengers maximum. The boat is equipped with comfortable seating throughout the boat, an enclosed salon with dinette seating, clean men's and women's restrooms, a live bait well, beverages cooler, and more.
- Is there room to stow my belongings on board?
- There is limited storage space on the inside of the boat under the bench seating. Please bring only what is necessary for the day to conserve space.
- Are there life jackets on board? Do I have to wear one
- Yes, the "Mary B III" is US Coast Guard certified and has life jackets on board for every passenger. However, you are not required to wear a life jacket during the trip.
- Is smoking allowed on the boat?
- Smoking is not allowed inside the cabin, but it is allowed on the outside deck areas of the boat.
- Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
- "Mary B III" is wheelchair accessible depending upon the weather forecast for the evening of the trip that you'd like to take. Please click “Contact FishingHQ” to arrange wheelchair accommodations.
- What should I do if I'd like a specific spot on the boat?
- Spots on the boat are first come, first served! Please arrive early if you'd like to grab a particular spot.
- Is there parking close to the meeting location?
- Yes! We have free parking at our marina - you should have no problem finding a space when you arrive.
- -------------------PRIVATE CHARTERS AND GIFT CERTIFICATES----------------------
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Please click “Contact FishingHQ” for more information on gift certificates.
- Can I book a private fishing trip?
- Of course! All our boats are available for private fishing charters. Please click “Contact FishingHQ” to the left of the page for more information.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- Activity usually runs in light rain and moderate weather, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. In the rare situation the seller must cancel the event prior to departure, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a full refund.
Enjoy an all day dolphin fishing trip aboard the "Mary B III", Fishing Headquarters' 55' Gulfcraft. Fish for all different kinds of species depending upon the day's bite.
Enjoy both superior boat amenities and an excellent experienced crew that will guide you to a successful fishing experience. Enjoy the sights of the gorgeous Venice - like Fort Lauderdale waterfront as an added bonus!