- Fully Air-Conditioned cabin with dinettes and comfortable seating
- Men's and Women's clean restrooms
- Wide open fishing area around the whole boat
- Upper deck for watching and sun tanning
On our night anchor trip, we target Yellowtail Snapper, Mutton Snappers, Groupers, Cobias, Kingfish, and lots of other exciting smaller reef dwellers. This trip is full of action - if you're looking for the best action for some fun fish to catch, try our night anchor fishing trip!
All our trips are appropriate for novices and experienced fishermen alike. Our experienced crew will teach you all you'll need to know to come back with a catch!
All gear (bait and tackle) is included in the price of your ticket. If you would like to bring your own gear, 20 - 30 lb rod and reel combos are recommended for the daytime trips, whereas 12 - 20 lb rod and reel combos are recommended for the evening trips.
What Is Not Included?
- What are you catching lately?
- 07-27-14: Good action on the reef trips this week. yesterday's morning trip caught. The morning trip today caught 68 grunts, 14 margates, 2 rudder fish, 20 yellowtail snapper, 3 mutton snapper, 3 blue runners, 2 red groupers, 1 porgie, 7 triggers, 10 doctor fish, 2 sand eel, 1 sharp nose shark. The afternoon trip caught 30 yellowtail snappers, 27 mangrove snappers, 1 triggerfish, 1 unicorn filefish, 4 doctorfish, 9 grunts, 2 strawberry grouper, 5 blue runners, 1 flying grenard and 1 sand eel. The night trip caught 25 yellowtail snapper, 2 mutton snappers, 25 grunts, 19 yellow tomtates, 1 remora, 6 goggle eyes, 4 blue runners, 6 squirrel fish and 1 bonnethead shark. If you have any questions about this trip, you can call us directly at 954-525-4665.
- --------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT TICKETS/POLICIES---------------------------
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended, as trips often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please buy your tickets well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- We still go out. We are primarily concerned with wind and sea conditions and they are not necessarily bad during the rain. If it is raining, please dress appropriately and consider bringing a poncho if you can. In the case of severe weather, we may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in which case you will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Are children allowed?
- We love children! Children 3 to 12 years of age have a reduced price ticket. Typically children 2 years of age and younger do not attend our drift fishing trips, but we can make exceptions if the projected weather for the day of your trip predicts calm seas. Please click “Contact FishingHQ” to check boat availability and weather forecast if you have a child age 2 or younger that you wish to bring!
- Is the trip suitable for pregnant women?
- Pregnant women shouldn't have a problem, as we are lucky enough to have calm waters most of the time here in Fort Lauderdale. Women in their third trimester should consider consulting a doctor before attending, especially if the waters are choppy!
- Do I need to have fishing experience?
- No! A lot of people who join us for drift fishing have never fished before. Our expert crew loves to teach you the skills you will need.
- What is the difference between the night and day trips?
- During the day trips, we will be catching larger fish out on the reef. The bite is slower than at night, but on the night trips we catch primarily smaller fish than during the day. If you prefer fishing for larger fish at a slower pace, come on the day trip. For more bite and action, check out the night trip!
- What is the difference between this trip and the other trips you offer?
- Our Saturday night drift fishing trip adds two more hours of fishing fun to the regular four hour daily trip. We also can explore more territory on Saturday nights with the extra time that we can't get to on the regular trips. If you're interested in fishing for strong and big gamefish, the Friday night swordfishing trip is the way to go - we fish almost exclusively for the broad billed swordfish that is much larger and stronger than the fish we look for on our regular drift fishing trips. Our all day dolphin trips focus on dolphin or mahi mahi, and are much longer than the day drift fishing trips - giving you plenty of time to catch whatever you can!
- Can I still go on the trip if I don't want to fish?
- Sure! If you want to come on the trip but don't want to fish, you may purchase a RideAlong ticket at a reduced price. Please keep in mind that if you do choose to purchase a RideAlong ticket, you will not be allowed to fish for the duration of the trip!
- ------------QUESTIONS ABOUT FISHING, LIMITS, & TRIP SPECIFICS--------------
- What happens if I don't catch any fish?
- We can only guarantee great fishing, not catching. Our crew will do everything we can to put you where the fish are, but we can not control what does or does not bite the hook. If you don't catch anything, please come back for another trip to try again!
- What are the limits on the fish that I catch?
- There are legal limits on both fish size and quantity in the state of Florida depending upon the species. Your crew will keep you informed during the trip of any regulations - however, legal limits are high enough that you will most likely be able to keep everything you catch!
- Can I eat the fish I catch?
- Of course! Our crew is always happy to clean and fillet your fish for you. You can even ask us about which restaurants in town will cook your fish for you. Of course our mates work for tips, so please keep that in mind!
- Can I sell the fish I catch?
- Unfortunately, the state of Florida has many laws that restrict you from selling your fish. If there any fish that you don't want, please leave them for the mates. Otherwise, use your catches for a celebratory feast afterwards! Our crew will help you clean and fillet your fish. There is no charge for fish cleaning.
- How far will the boat go out?
- The boat will usually fish one mile offshore along the Ft Lauderdale reef. You will be able to see land the entire trip.
- How long will it be until we start fishing?
- It will usually be about a 20 minute boat ride before we stop and start fishing.
- At what depth will we be fishing?
- During the day trips, we will drift along the reefs anywhere from 60 feet to 200 feet deep. On the night trips, we will anchor anywhere from 45 feet to 100 feet deep.
- -----------------------FISHING EQUIPMENT/LICENSES----------------------------
- What type of gear should I bring if I want to use my own?
- All gear is included in the price of your ticket. If you would like to bring your own gear, however, a 20 - 30 lb rod and reel combo is perfect for the daytime trips. For the night trip, a 12 - 20 lb rod and reel combo is recommended. All bait is included your ticket price as well.
- What type of bait should I bring if I want to bring my own?
- All bait is included in your ticket price, but feel free to bring your own if you want to! For the day trips, we will use ballyhoo, sardines, and squid. For the night trips, we will be chum fishing and will use all the same bait but we provide silversides as well.
- Is there any tackle that I am not allowed to use or bring?
- If you decide to bring your own tackle on the trip, please remember that we do not allow braided line or handlines to be used on the boat. Braided line is excellent for certain types of fishing but it is not good for drift fishing. Handlines may also not be used, all fishing is done with rod and reel.
- Do I need a fishing license?
- No, you will not need a fishing license in order to attend our drift fishing trips.
- -----------------------------------WHAT SHOULD I BRING----------------------------------
- What types of food and beverages are available?
- Unfortunately, we do not sell any food or beverages during the trip. Please bring your own food and beverages that will sustain you for the duration of the trip! There is a 7-11 store conveniently located next to our boats where you can purchase snacks before the trip departs.
- What do I need to bring?
- We provide all of the fishing licenses, tackle, bait, coolers and ice that you may need as part of your ticket price. All you need to bring is your own food and drinks, and for the daytime trips, sunglasses, sunscreen, and maybe a hat to protect you from the sun! Keep in mind that hard liquor and glass containers are not allowed on board.
- What is not allowed on the boat?
- For safety reasons, please do not bring any glass bottles or containers on board the boat.
- May I bring alcohol on board?
- Sure, feel free to bring beer or wine coolers, but hard liquor is not allowed on board. No glass bottles or containers, please.
- Should I tip the crew?
- Your mates work very hard to make your trip as enjoyable as possible. If you had a great time, tips are highly appreciated! Most people tip 20% of their trip's ticket cost.
- Can I bring an ice chest or cooler?
- You may bring your own personal ice chest or cooler, but keep in mind that we have our own coolers aboard and an ice machine for your use.
- ---------------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BOAT-----------------------------------
- What boat will we be going on?
- Because of private charters, no particular boat is guaranteed for any trip. You will either go out on the "Catch My Drift", an 85 foot Aluminum Hull boat that seats up to 170 people, or the "Mary B III", our 55 foot Gulfcraft that seats up to 50 people. Both boats are equipped with top of the line amenities and provide the ultimate passenger comfort.
- Is there room to stow my belongings on board?
- There is limited storage space on the inside of each boat under the bench seating. Please bring only what is necessary for the day to conserve space.
- Are there life jackets on board? Do I have to wear one?
- Our boats are both US Coast Guard certified and have life jackets on board for every passenger. However, you are not required to wear a life jacket during the trip.
- Is smoking allowed on the boat?
- Smoking is not allowed inside the cabin, but it is allowed on the outside deck areas of each boat.
- Are the boats wheelchair accessible?
- Both of our boats are wheelchair accessible depending upon the weather forecast for the day of the trip that you'd like to take. Please click “Contact FishingHQ” to arrange wheelchair accommodations.
- What should I do if I'd like a specific spot on the boat?
- Specific spots can be reserved ONLY by calling the main booking office at (954)525-4665.
- Is there parking close to the meeting location?
- Yes! We have free parking at our marina - you should have no problem finding a space when you arrive.
- ------------PRIVATE CHARTERS AND GIFT CERTIFICATES------------------
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Please click “Contact FishingHQ” for more information on gift certificates.
- Can I book a private fishing trip?
- Of course! All our boats are available for private fishing charters. Please click “Contact FishingHQ” to the left of the page for more information.
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- Activity usually runs in light rain and moderate weather, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. In the rare situation the seller must cancel the event prior to departure, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a full refund.
Enjoy both daytime and special action-packed nighttime drift fishing trips aboard one of our fantastic drift fishing boats. Both experts and novices alike will enjoy fishing for some of the most sought after gamefish in the world.
Enjoy both superior boat amenities and an excellent experienced crew that will guide you to a successful fishing experience. Enjoy the sights of the gorgeous Venice - like Fort Lauderdale waterfront as an added bonus!