Our boat is a 46 ft Hatteras, fully equipped and geared for all types of Ft Lauderdale fishing. The boat has:
- Air conditioned cabin for those warm Florida days
- Huge fishing cockpit so there is a lot of room to fish
- 3 cockpit fighting chairs
- Color Fish Finder
- Flybridge seating - ride upstairs with the captain
- Two 100 gallon live bait wells-lots of live baits
- Clean Restroom
Depending on what's biting and what everyone wants to fish for, we go trolling, kite fishing, live baiting and bottom shipwreck fishing.
On these sportfishing charters, we take out only a few people at a time. Our experienced Captain and Mate will be aboard with you as your fishing guides. This trip is very one-on-one with the crew.
All licenses, bait and tackle, rods and reels included in price.
What Is Not Included?
- What have you been catching recently?
- 06-03-14: Good trips today on our sportfishing shared charter. The morning trip caught 3 big dolphin, all of them over 15 pounds. They also caught 2 bonitos, 2 kingfish, 1 barracuda and jumped off a sailfish. The afternoon trip also caught dolphin although not as large. Afternoon catch was 5 dolphin, 2 blackfin tunas, 1 sailfish catch and release, 1 amberjack and 1 nice black grouper. The dolphin are showing up in close, just outside the reef and have been biting all week. If you have any questions about this trip, you can reach Capt. Andy at 754-214-7863.
- --------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT TICKETS/POLICIES---------------------------
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended, as trips often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please buy your tickets well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- We still go out. We can usually steer clear of scattered rain showers to keep you dry. We are primarily concerned with wind and sea conditions and they are not necessarily bad during the rain. If it is raining, please dress appropriately and consider bringing a poncho if you can. In the case of severe weather, we may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in which case you will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event or a full refund.
- Are children allowed?
- We love children! For these Shared Sportfishing Charters however, everyone (including toddlers) must purchase a Standard ticket.
- Is the trip suitable for pregnant women?
- Pregnant women shouldn't have a problem, as we are lucky enough to have calm waters most of the time here in Fort Lauderdale. Women in their third trimester should consider consulting a doctor before attending, especially if the waters are choppy!
- Do I need to have fishing experience?
- No! Our shared sportfishing trips are actually a great opportunity for those who have never fished before to get one-on-one instruction and guidance from our expert captain and crew. We love to teach you the skills you will need to catch fish, and it's all the easier on these trips because we only take out a few people at a time. You'll also have a little something on your side we call, "beginners luck"!
- How many people are allowed on these trips?
- We limit our shared sportfishing charters to a maximum of 6 passengers, to ensure you plenty of space as well as one-one-one interaction with your captain and crew. Most days, it ends up being only 4 persons fishing on the boat.
- What is the difference between this trip and the other trips you offer?
- Our four hour shared sportfishing charters allow for the greatest fishing variety. We'll do anything from down rigger fishing, kite fishing and bottom fishing to wreck fishing, trolling and live baiting to give you the most diverse fishing experience possible. Of all the trips we offer at Fishing Headquarters, our sportfishing trips usually come in with the best catches of the most and biggest fish. Our 8 hour All Day Trip is also a great trip for catching action and bigger fish. The all day trip typically spends half the trip sportfishing (which is trolling, live baiting and shipwreck fishing), and the other half drift fishing and bottom fishing, which is what we do on our drift boat. Our daily drift fishing trip fishes primarily for snapper, grouper, kingfish and bonito... the reef fish. A fun trip with a bunch other anglers and we catch a fair amount too.
- Can I still go on the trip if I don't want to fish?
- Sure! If you want to come on the trip but don't want to fish, you are welcome to do so. Please keep in mind, however, that all passengers, regardless of whether or not they are fishing, are required to purchase a full price Standard ticket.
- ------------QUESTIONS ABOUT FISHING, LIMITS, & TRIP SPECIFICS--------------
- What happens if I don't catch any fish?
- We can only guarantee great fishing, not catching. Our crew will do everything we can to put you where the fish are, but we can not control what does or does not bite the hook. If you don't catch anything, please come back for another trip to try again!
- What are the limits on the fish that I catch?
- There are legal limits on both fish size and quantity in the state of Florida depending upon the species. Your crew will keep you informed during the trip of any regulations - however, legal limits are high enough that you will most likely be able to keep everything you catch!
- Can I eat the fish I catch?
- Of course! Our crew does free fish cleaning after our trips. Whatever you catch, (so long as it's keep size) you can keep and take home. There are a couple restaurants right near our boats that will cook your fish up for you. It's fun to eat the fish you just caught!
- Can I sell the fish I catch?
- Unfortunately, the state of Florida does not allow the sale of fish caught on charter vessels. You are encouraged to take your fish home with you. Our mates always do free fish cleaning after all our trips. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance of our boat that will cook your fish for you for a fee. If you catch more fish than you want to take home with you, you can leave your fish to the mate.
- How far will the boat go out?
- The boat will usually go around one mile off the shore, but we sometimes go out as far as 15 miles, depending on what's biting and where the fish are!
- How long will the fishing trip be?
- Our Shared Sportfishing Charters are half day trips that last 4 hours.
- How long will it be until we start fishing?
- We'll have just a 15-minute ride out to fishing grounds. We'll then begin with 5 to 10 minutes of catching live bait so everyone can get used to the equipment, and then we'll move on to the big game!
- At what depth will we be fishing?
- We usually fish in waters from 100 to 350 feet deep, but we sometimes go as shallow as 60 feet or as deep as 1000 feet. The depths will always depend on what's been biting and where the captain thinks the most fish will be.
- -----------------------FISHING EQUIPMENT/LICENSES----------------------------
- What type of gear should I bring if I want to use my own?
- Gear is included in your ticket price, and we strongly recommend using the equipment we provide you with. However, if you would like to bring your own, on these shared sportfishing trips we suggest a 30 lb class rod and reel combo. Since sportfishing boats are so versatile, you can do almost any kind of fishing you want to do, and both heavy and light tackle are appropriate. Some of the tackle we use includes planers, down riggers, and kite fishing equipment. All bait is included in your ticket price.
- What type of bait will we use on these trips?
- On our Shared Sportfishing Charters we'll use live bait such as goggle eye, tuna, and blue runner, as well as artificial lures and rigged dead natural baits like ballyhoo and mullet. Please keep in mind that we'll actually spend 5 to 10 minutes at the beginning of our trip fishing for live bait out on the water.
- Do I need a fishing license?
- No, you will not need a fishing license for this trip.
- -----------------------------------WHAT SHOULD I BRING----------------------------------
- What types of food and beverages are available?
- Unfortunately there are no food or beverages offered on the boat itself - please bring your own food and beverages to sustain you for the duration of the trip! There is a convenience store located just next to the meeting location if you'd like to purchase additional snacks before the trip departs.
- What do I need to bring?
- We provide all of the fishing licenses, tackle, bait, coolers and ice that you may need as part of your ticket price. All you need to bring is your own food and drinks, and some layers to keep you warm, since temperatures are always about 5 to 10 degrees cooler on water than on land! Keep in mind that glass bottles/containers are not allowed on board.
- What is not allowed on the boat?
- For safety reasons, please do not bring any glass bottles or containers on board the boat.
- May I bring alcohol on board?
- Sure, feel free to bring beer or wine coolers. Hard liquor, though not recommended, is also allowed. No glass bottles or containers, please.
- Should I tip the crew?
- Your mates work very hard to make your trip as enjoyable as possible. If you had a great time, tips are highly appreciated! Most people tip 20% of their trip's ticket cost.
- Can I bring an ice chest or cooler?
- You may bring your own personal ice chest or cooler, but keep in mind that we have our own coolers aboard and an ice machine for your use.
- ---------------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BOAT-----------------------------------
- What boat will we be going on?
- Our shared sportfishing charters will go out on one of our 45' Ray Davis sportfish-style fishing boats. The boats are fully equipped with color fish finder, couch seating inside the enclosed cabin, and live bait tanks. There is also a clean restroom on every trip, as well as upper deck access and benches for you to sit on as you ride up top with captain.
- Is there room to stow my belongings on board?
- There is plenty of space on board to store your belongings, but please bring only what you'll need for the trip!
- Are there life jackets on board? Do I have to wear one?
- Yes, all our boats are equipped with life jackets on board for every passenger. However, you are not required to wear a life jacket during the trip.
- Is smoking allowed on the boat?
- Smoking is not allowed inside the cabin, but it is allowed on the outside deck areas of the boat.
- Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
- Our boats wheelchair accessible depending upon the weather forecast for the evening of the trip that you'd like to take.Please click “Contact FishingHQ” to arrange wheelchair accommodations.
- What should I do if I'd like a specific spot on the boat?
- For the most part spots on the boat are first come, first served. But don't worry! The great part about these shared charters is that there will only be a maximum of 6 people per trip, so everyone will have plenty of space.
- Is there parking close to the meeting location?
- Yes! We have free parking at our marina - you should have no problem finding a space when you arrive.
- -------------------PRIVATE CHARTERS AND GIFT CERTIFICATES----------------------
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Please click “Contact FishingHQ” for more information on gift certificates.
- Can I book a private fishing trip?
- Of course! All our boats are available for private fishing charters. Please click “Contact FishingHQ” to the left of the page for more information.
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- Activity usually runs in light rain and moderate weather, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. In the rare situation the seller must cancel the event prior to departure, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a full refund.
Enjoy our special Shared Sportfishing Charters aboard one of our 45' Ray Davis sportfish charter boats. Both experts and novices alike will enjoy fishing for some of the biggest and most sought after gamefish in the world.
Enjoy both superior boat amenities and an excellent experienced crew that will guide you to a successful fishing experience. Enjoy the sights of the gorgeous Venice - like Fort Lauderdale waterfront as an added bonus!