Santa Fe is a foodie paradise with so many restaurants it can be overwhelming to visitors! What better way to be introduced to the city and an eclectic tasting of atypical cusine then through locals here at Food Tour New Mexico?
The Sample Santa Fe tour is a fun and adventurous experience for all you foodies out there looking to experience something new! This tour does mostly focus on New Mexican food with the exception of our olive oil and balsamic sampling stop!
Some of the establishments we visit on this two and half hour tour include:
- San Francisco St. Bar & Grill
- Thunderbird Bar & Grill
- Santa Fe Olive Oil & Balsamic Co.
- Upper Crust Pizza
- Señor Murphy Candy Maker
- The Santa Fe Plaza
- The Santa Fe River
- The State Capital Building
- San Miguel Mission (Oldest Church)
- The Loretto Chapel (Miraculous staircase)
What Is Not Included?
- Alcoholic beverages: guests are welcome to purchase alcoholic beverages along the way
- Gratuities: Gratuities for your tour guide are always appreciated.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|skuldugary||Sat, Oct 25 11:00 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
This was an excellent tour of southwestern and Santa Fe cuisine, and it gave a good overview of the Santa Fe Old Town and Plaza. It is more in the nature of a progressive lunch than, for instance, a tour of local shops. The food was excellent and we went back to some of the places we visited during the tour later in our trip. We also got a lot of great information on places to eat and things to do during our visit. Overall, this was a great way to start our trip. Recommended.
Fun way to see the city
|jtrutna||Thu, Oct 16 11:00 AM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
My 14 y.o. son and I did the Santa Fe food tour. It was a fun way for both of us to see the city, get some history and sample some food. The combo worked well for him - as he loves to eat, but isn't as sure about learning history!
Fun Food Tour
|jrcohen32||Sat, Oct 11 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
My husband and I both enjoyed the walking restaurant tour. The guide was very informative and made the tour fun. We liked that the portions were not huge. Everything was very tasty. I highly recommend this tour.
Fantastic Food Tour
|rhecker||Tue, Oct 7 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
We thoroughly enjoyed our food sampling tour of Santa Fe. In addition to the fabulous food sampling you also received a little history of the area. Our tour guide (Shanae?) was awesome and very informative of the area. She conducted the tour with enthusiasm! We would definitely consider taking another tour.
Cheap food for big price
|dmann1776||Tue, Sep 23 11:00 AM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
I do not think that a $3.00 piece of pizza, a small bowl of soup, an enchilada, a piece of fudge and a free tasting of oil and vinegar make a special meal . As far as a walking tour, we passed three places. were told what they were but did not go in or tour anything except the sidewalk. We would have been much better off to have paid for a meal and taken the city tour. The guide was very nice.
Fun Food Tour
|jwilcoxrn||Sat, Aug 30 11:00 AM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Great food tour included historical information about city. Enthusiastic and informative guide. Gave us great suggestions for restaurants to try for the remainder of our trip.
Amazing and informative!
|SusanJendry||Sat, Aug 2 11:00 AM||Unspecified||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Loved this tour! The food was great but our guide was incredible!! We learned about so much more than the food of New Mexico! Our guide gave us so much info on the history of Santa Fe, the culture, even the construction of the buildings! I would highly recommend this tour for anyone visiting!!
A very good tour
|droyster||Tue, Jul 29 11:00 AM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
The walking taste tour was led by a very knowledgeable young lady. We toured, not only the foods at various local restaurants but also were given a short but adequate review of the history of Santa Fe. It was great to sample various foods at different establishments and end with a quaint chocolate shop. Chene' (sp) was a great tour guide and quite personable. She was enthusiastic and it was clear she loved her city and foods. My husband and I so enjoyed the taste tour that we returned to one of the restaurants we had visited during the tour.
|janwallace||Thu, Jul 24 11:00 AM||Female||70+||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
interesting restaurants but olive oil place was a bust in my opinion
A good blend of different foods
|lonepine||Sat, Jul 12 11:00 AM||Male||60-69||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
This is not a particularly long tour but it is good. The food chosen is very different restaurant to restaurant which is good because many of the places in Santa Fe offer identical menus. Not spectacular food but tasty and a nice stroll through some of the historic parts of the city.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash for tickets?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and tours often sell out quickly. Please book well in advance to increase your chances of getting the day and time you prefer. Tickets can be purchased with major credit cards. Cash is not accepted.
- If a tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not offer a waiting list for tours. If the time slot you'd like is sold out, we suggest you check another date/time for availability!
- How much do we walk? Is it a fast pace?
- We walk approximately 1.5 - 2 miles on this tour over a 2.5 - 3 hour time span but with numerous stops. Although we walk at a very leisurely pace, please remember to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- How much food is served on a tour?
- We will be stopping at approximately 5 places and sampling a variety of different foods. For most people there will be enough food that lunch afterward is not necessary.
- What is the difference between the Sample Santa Fe Food Tour and the Taste of Santa Fe Food Tour?
- This tour is somewhat New Mexican cuisine themed and much more family oriented! However on both tours, you will be exploring different aspects of Downtown Santa Fe, learning about the history and culture of the area, and visiting different restaurants where you will enjoy tastings. However, please note that the routes, restaurants, and historical tidbits are completely different on each of these tours.
- What if I have food allergies?
- Please let us know when purchasing your tickets if anyone in your group has food allergies or other dietary restrictions. With advance notice we will do our best to accommodate you.
- What restaurants will we stop at and what kind of food will we sample?
- The restaurants we visit on the Sample Santa Fe tour are listed in the "Description" tab, and the this tour is themed mostly New Mexican cuisine.
- Are there any beverages offered on the tour?
- Every place offers water along the way and additional drinks can be purchased during the tour.
- Can children come on the tour?
- Children are welcome on the tour. It should be noted, however, that the tour is 2.5 - 3 hours long. Some children have a limited attention span and therefore the tour may not be appropriate for some of them. Parents, who know their children best, should assess the situation on a case by case basis and consider whether the tour is appropriate for their child. If you are bringing children under the age of 7 and they will not be participating in the tastings (or will share with you!), you do not need to purchase tickets for them. All other participants will require a full priced ticket.
- Are tours given in bad weather?
- These tours run rain or shine. If the weather is bad, we will be able to go into many of the establishments along the way. Please be sure to check the day's weather and dress appropriately.
- Do I tip the tour guide?
- Food Tour New Mexico does not include gratuities in the cost of the ticket. A standard gratuity for a tour guide is 15%- 20% of the price. If you have a great time, gratuities are graciously accepted by our tour guides.
- Are tours pet friendly?
- Although our four legged friends would love to taste too, due to the fact that we enter various food establishments, no pets are allowed on our tours.
- Does the tour end at the same place that we start?
- No. We end about a block away from our original starting point. However, our tour guide will be more than happy to help with directions.
- Is the tour wheelchair and stroller accessible?
- Yes. Every stop has sufficient access.
- Do we only walk around and sample food?
- No! This is a three hour experience full of information, demonstrations, stories and great food. Guests will be guided around some of Santa Fe’s best places by a real local that knows the ins and outs of this great western town. Along the way we will point out great places to eat, shop and explore.
- Are bathrooms available on the tour?
- Yes, there are bathrooms available at designated stops along the way.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Absolutely. Both still and video cameras are allowed and encouraged along the tour.
- Is there public parking available nearby?
- Street parking can often be difficult to find; therefore, we suggest parking in one of the nearby parking garages. Information for nearby garages will be provide upon ticket purchase.
- Do the tours offer anything to native Santa Feans?
- Yes, many of the participants are locals that join us to learn about Downtown Santa Fe and the best specialty food store locations and local restaurants.
- Are tours offered only in English?
- Our tours are done in English, but with advance notice we may be able to accommodate a translator for an additional fee.
- Do you sell gift certificates?
- Yes. Feel free to contact us by clicking on the "Contact FoodToursNM" link for more information.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes. Please click on the "Contact FoodToursNM" if you are interested in setting up a private tour.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Children under 7 do not need a ticket.
- Children under the age of 7 who will not be participating in the tastings (or will share with an accompanying adult) do not need a ticket in order to attend. Parents should assess whether the tour is appropriate for their child given the 2.5 hour duration. Note that the tour route is unfortunately not stroller accessible.
Food Tour New Mexico
Food Tour New Mexico was created by foodie Nick Peña with the idea that when culture, food, fun, and adventure meet, visitors can experience the wonders of Santa Fe through local eyes. In doing so we hope to make your visit to Santa Fe much more memorable, unique, and exciting!
So prepare to sample Santa Fe with an amazing day of demonstrations, first hand tales and of course great food samples from some of the specialty shops and restaurants that make Santa Fe so delectably unique!