Coyote Cafe has teamed up with Food Tour New Mexico to bring you a fun and engaging way to deliver a general education on wines and wine pairing. Lead by sommeliers James Stephens and Justin Weiss, you will be introduced to 5 wines and 5 delectable tapas from chef Eric DiStefeno!
- Mini Señorita Margarita
- Corn Soup and Davis Bynum Chardonnay
- Mushroom Tortellini and Siduri Pinot Noir
- El Taco Pastor and Domaine de Nizas Rosé
- Mexican Brownie and Taylor Fladgate 20 Year Tawny Port
- Coconut Cake and Gruet Blanc de Noir Sparkling
What Is Not Included?
- Gratuities: Gratuities for your class guide, although not required, are always appreciated.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash for tickets?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and classes often sell out quickly. Please book well in advance to increase your chances of getting the day you prefer. Tickets can be purchased with Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. Cash is not accepted.
- If a class is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not offer a waiting list for classes. If the time slot you'd like is sold out, we suggest you check another date/time for availability!
- How much food and wine is served during the class?
- Please refer to the "Description" tab for a complete description of the menu. Most people are not hungry afterward.
- What if I have food allergies?
- Please let us know when purchasing your tickets if anyone in your group has food allergies or other dietary restrictions. With advance notice we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Can children come to the class?
- No. Because there is alcohol involved and this is a 21 and over class, children may not attend the class.
- Are classes held in bad weather?
- These classes run rain or shine. Please be sure to check the day's weather and dress appropriately.
- Do I tip the guide and wait staff at the restaurant??
- While the ticket price includes gratuity for the wait staff at the restaurant, it does not include gratuity for your Food Tour New Mexico guide who will be leading the class. A standard gratuity for a guide is 15%- 20% of the ticket price. If you have a great time, gratuities are graciously accepted by our guides.
- Do I tip the sommeliers?
- Gratuities for the servers and sommeliers teaching the classes ARE INCLUDED in the price of a ticket.
- Is this class pet friendly?
- Although our four legged friends would love to taste too, no pets are allowed in our classes.
- Is the class wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, the Coyote Cafe is wheel chair accessible.
- Do we only drink wine and sample food?
- No! This is an experience full of information, demonstrations, stories and great food. Guests will be treated to one of Santa Fe’s finest dining establishments and will meet real locals that know the ins and outs of this great western town. You are in for an educational, cultural, and delicious afternoon!
- What types of wine will be served during the class?
- In addition to 5 delectable tapas, each participant will enjoy a Bynum Chardonnay, a Siduri Pinot Noir, a Domaine de Nizas Rosé, a Taylor Fladgate 20-Year Tawny Port, and a Gruet Blanc de Noir Sparkling. A Mini Señorita Margarita will also be provided.
- Are bathrooms available during class?
- Yes, there are bathrooms available at any time.
- Are cameras allowed in the class?
- Absolutely. Both still and video cameras are allowed and encouraged.
- Is there public parking available nearby?
- Street parking can often be difficult to find; therefore, we suggest parking in one of the nearby parking garages. Information for nearby garages will be provided upon ticket purchase.
- Do the classes offer anything to native Santa Feans?
- Yes, many of the participants are locals that join us to learn about wine and how it is paired.
- Are classes offered only in English?
- Yes, at this time we only offer classes in English.
- Do you sell gift certificates?
- Yes. Feel free to contact us by clicking on the "Contact FoodToursNM" link for more information.
- Can I book a private class?
- Yes. Please click on the "Contact FoodToursNM" if you are interested in setting up a private class.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All tour participants must be ages 21 and up.
- All participants must be 21 or older. Please be sure to bring valid government issued identification with you.
Food Tour New Mexico
Food Tour New Mexico was created by foodie Nick Peña with the idea that when culture, food, fun, and adventure meet, visitors can experience the wonders of Santa Fe through local eyes. In doing so we hope to make your visit to Santa Fe much more memorable, unique, and exciting!
So prepare to Sample Santa Fe with an amazing day of demonstrations, first hand tales and of course great food samples from some of the specialty shops and restaurants that make Santa Fe so delectably unique!