- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and Dallas tours often sell out quickly. Please book well in advance so you can get the day, time, and number of tickets that best suit your needs. Tickets can be purchased with a Visa, American Express or Mastercard from the Zerve Ticket Center or by calling (888) 871-2052. Cash is not accepted for ticket purchase. Optional 20% prepaid tour guide gratuity is available at the time of purchase. Tour guides are also able to accept cash or credit card gratuities at the end of your tour.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Since our Dallas tours often sell out, ticket sales are final. Tickets are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged or rescheduled, as they guarantee your spot on the tour. Please note that we cannot provide partial refunds for no shows, late arrivals or partial attendance which results in missed tastings, and that Dallas tours depart promptly.
- If a food tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. If a date and time is sold out, there is always a chance that we can add an additional tour on that day. Please contact a Food Tours of America representative at (214) 272-2327 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what date you are interested in.
- Do you offer discounted tickets for children or seniors?
- Currently we do not offer discounted tickets for children or seniors for our Dallas tours. All participants, including children ages 8 and above, are required to have a full price ticket.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, our Ultra Private Uptown Tour can be booked for 2-4 participants and Private Group Events can be customized for any size group. Birthday parties, wedding and bachelorette parties, corporate outings, convention activities and any other events or groups are all welcome to participate. For information please contact a Food Tours of America representative at (214) 272-2327 or via email at email@example.com.
- Does the tour guide accept gratuities?
- Yes, tips are greatly appreciated. For your convenience there is a prepaid 20% tour guide gratuity option you can select when purchasing your tickets for the Dine & Dash and the Dine Around & Uptown Walk. Tour guide gratuity is included on our Ultra Private Uptown Tours. Tour guides are also able to accept cash and credit card tips and the end of your tour.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, Food Tours of America gift certificates for our Dallas tours can be purchased in any quantity and make a perfect gift for any occasion! To purchase, please visit our gift certificate page on our website at www.FoodToursOfAmerica.com.
- How much food is served on the tours?
- Each tour incorporates generous food and/or beverage tastings in several locations. We recommend a light breakfast before joining us on the tour. Most people find that our Dallas tours are enough for lunch!
- What restaurants will we visit on the tours?
- We visit a variety of excellent local eateries with sit down tastings whenever possible. The exact tour route and specific restaurants may vary from tour to tour and are subject to change at any time. Current locations for our Uptown Dallas tours may include Bread Winners Cafe & Bakery, Primoís Tex-Mex Grille, Baboush, and Ketchup Burger Bar.
- Are there vegetarian options?
- Yes! Please let us know if anyone in your group is a vegetarian when purchasing your tickets. With advance notice we can generally arrange delicious vegetarian tastings.
- What if I have dietary restrictions or allergies?
- Please let us know if anyone in your group has any food allergies, dietary restrictions, medical health concerns (e.g., nut allergy, does not eat pork, diabetic, etc.), and/or is a vegetarian when you purchase your tickets. With advance notice, we are able to accommodate most restrictions with appropriate substitutions. Do not consume food or beverages to which you may be allergic. If you have a serious or life threatening food allergy, please call (214) 272-2327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to purchasing tickets.
- Are there any beverages offered on the tours?
- You are encouraged to stay hydrated before, during, and after the tour. Water is offered during most of our tastings, and you are welcome to bring a bottle of water with you. In addition, on some tours sample sized or regular sized cocktails are provided for participants over the age of 21 with a valid government issued photo ID. In select locations, cocktails may also be available for purchase.
- Is alcohol included on the tours?
- For participants over the age of 21 with a valid government issued photo ID some of our tours include samples and/or regular sized signature cocktails. In select locations, cocktails may also be available for purchase. This is optional, time permitting, and the cost is not included in your ticket purchase. Currently, we do not participate in wine tastings on any of our tours.
- Do we only walk around and sample food?
- Food Tours of America offers Dine & Dash Tours which feature several restaurant tastings as well as our Dine Around & Uptown Walk tour options which are a which complete sightseeing experience with unique local attractions. While you are indulging in mouth watering tastings, our welcoming guides are fully narrating your tour, bringing to life history and culture.
- How much walking is involved? Are the tours fast-paced?
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding the amount of walking involved please contact a Food Tours of America representative at (214) 272-2327 or email us at email@example.com. Our two hour Dine & Dash tour options include just a few leisurely walks of approximately 5 minutes in duration with no steep inclines or hills (15-20 minutes of total walking). For our 3.5 hour Dine Around & Uptown Walk tour options the total time walking/standing is approximately forty five minutes. These Dallas Tours are approximately 1.5 miles, have no steep inclines or hills, and have been designed so that the walks are leisurely and short in duration. While there are opportunities to rest during our seated tastings, participants will be standing during some of the tastings and/or attractions and much of the Uptown Walk takes place outdoors. Please consider the current weather conditions, including heat or cold advisories, when purchasing your tickets.
- How physically fit do I need to be to enjoy the tours?
- Our tour hour Dine & Dash tour options include just a few leisurely walks of approximately 5 minutes in duration with no steep inclines or hills (15-20 minutes of total walking). For our 3.5 hour Dine Around & Uptown Walk tour options a certain level of physical stamina is required. These Dallas tours are approximately 1.5 miles of leisurely walking, with no steep inclines or hills. While there are opportunities to rest during our seated tastings, participants will be standing during some of the tastings and/or attractions and much of the Uptown Walk takes place outdoors. Please consider the current weather conditions, including heat or cold advisories, when purchasing your tickets. If you have any concerns, please call (888) 871-2052 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before purchasing your tickets.
- Are there age restrictions? Should I bring the kids?
- Our Dallas tours have been developed for food and history lovers and will be most appreciated by adults. Since children tend to have a limited attention span for this type of activity our Dine & Dash tour option is suggested for children ages eight and above and our Dine Around & Uptown Walk is suggested for children ages twelve and above. If you have any questions about bringing your child or teenager on any of our Dallas tours, please email email@example.com. We do not currently offer discounted childrenís tickets.
- Do the tours have anything to offer a native Texan?
- Absolutely! Many of our attendees are seeking unique adventures in the heart of their own communities. Let our engaging guides lead you on fully narrated Dallas tours where you can discover new favorite dishes and experience remarkable cultural and historic attractions right in your own neighborhood!
- May I bring my dog on the tours?
- Unfortunately, other than service animals, pets of any kind are not permitted on any of the Dallas tours.
- Do the tours start and end at the same place?
- Yes, our Uptown Dallas Tours begin and end in the West Village Shopping District.
- How long do the tours last?
- Our Dine & Dash tour option is approximately two hours in duration. The Dine Around & Uptown Walk tour option is approximately 3.5 hours in duration. Our ending point for both tours is the unique West Village shopping district, where you may want to stay and explore the shops, outdoor cafes, and entertainment. If you are under time constraints, please let your tour guide know at the beginning of your tour.
- Is there free parking nearby?
- Yes, free self-parking is available. You will receive detailed parking instructions after purchasing your tickets.
- Are the walking tours given in all weather conditions?
- All Dallas tours are held rain, shine, heat or snow! Please check the forecast for the day's weather conditions, bring an umbrella if necessary, and dress appropriately, especially during our Texas summers!
- Are the tours accessible by wheelchair?
- The majority of the tour is wheelchair accessible, however there are two attractions on the tour that are not. Please call (214) 272-2327 if you would like to discuss how the tour can be modified to meet your needs.
- What should I wear? What should I bring along?
- Please dress casually and comfortably, and wear comfortable walking shoes. For those ages 21 and above who are participating in the alcohol tastings please have a valid government issued photo ID. Please bring a jacket if itís cold, sunscreen if itís hot Ė and an umbrella if itís rainy! If you did not select the 20% pre-paid tour guide gratuity option when purchasing your Dine & Dash or Dine Around & Uptown Walk tickets please bring cash or a credit card to tip your tour guide.
- Will we ride the McKinney Avenue Trolley as a part of the Uptown Dallas tours? Is it free?
- Itís free to ride the McKinney Avenue Trolley. As a part of the Dine Around & Uptown Walk, you will learn about the rich history behind the McKinney Avenue Trolley and space permitting we will ride the McKinney Avenue Trolley. If we are unable to ride the trolley as a group on these tours you will be directed to nearby trolley stops at the end of your tour so that you can experience the McKinney Avenue Trolley at your leisure. Please note that Food Tours of America does not provide full or partial refunds in the event the McKinney Avenue Trolley is unavailable or delayed for any reason. Also, please note that the McKinney Avenue Trolley may be standing room only and due to its antique nature, it is not equipped to accommodate wheelchairs.
- Can I shop during the tours?
- During our Dallas tours, staying on schedule is important so we do ask that you make quick purchases or allow time at the end of your tour to make purchases. Please keep in mind that the Uptown Dallas tours end in the West Village shopping district, providing a wonderful opportunity to shop after your tour is over.
- Are cameras allowed on the tours?
- Yes, we encourage you to take photos during our Dallas tours. However, we do not allow any video or audio recording.
- How many people will be in our group?
- Dine & Dash tours are limited to twenty participants. Our Dine Around & Uptown Walk option is limited to fourteen participants. Ultra Private Uptown tour options are by appointment only and can accommodate up to four participants. When a tour reaches capacity, we often add additional tours. For Private Events, additional tour guides can be added to accommodate any size group.
- Are tours offered only in English?
- Yes, we only offer Dallas tours in English at this time. If you would like to make arrangements for your own interpreter to join the tour, please contact Food Tours of America at (888) 871-2052 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are bathrooms available during the tour?
- Yes, bathrooms are available during all Dallas tours at select locations.
- Are we required to sign a waiver?
- Yes, we do ask each guest to agree in writing to a participant waiver releasing Food Tours of America from any liability including but not limited to any losses, delays, damages, accidents or injuries.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must sign a waiver.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver at the start of the tour. Participants under the age of 18 must have an adult sign for them. Please note that children under 12 are not permitted to participate in the tour.
- A valid ID is required to participate in alcohol tastings.
- Guests 21 and older who would like to participate in the alcohol tastings and samples must bring a valid government-issued ID.
Food Tours of America
Based in Dallas, TX, Food Tours of America was inspired by passion for unique experiences, great food and southern hospitality.† We love guiding visitors and locals to the hidden gems found in the heart of our communities!†
Dine & Dash on generous portions of authentic Tex-Mex, indulgent desserts and so much more! With each tasty bite, learn about our restaurantsí commitment to quality - whether itís organic ingredients, original family recipes or made-from-scratch dishes. More than just lunch and more than just a tour, our Dine Around & Uptown Walks invite you to stroll with us through tree-lined streets, shopping villages and outdoor cafes as your knowledgeable guide shares only the most entertaining insider details that can't be found in any guidebook.† The easy walks between tastings add more as your guide will also introduce you to the unique historical attractions in the neighborhood.
Food Tours of America is proud to be certified through the North Texas Toursim Ambassadors Program and is a proud member of the Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau.† Our vision has always been to take you "off the beaten path" to locally-owned restaurants, charming bed and breakfasts and one of a kind historical attractions.† Join us and let Food Tours of America help you escape from the fast pace of the everyday!