Got Ghosts? We Do!
And we'll tell you all about them...who they are, where they haunt, why they're still here, and to what ends these troubled souls go to in order to make their presence felt by those currently living in and intruding upon their domain!
Don't be fooled by imitators, there is only one best and original Annapolis Ghost Tour! Take a nighttime ghost walk through the historic downtown district on a spine-tingling journey into Annapolis’ dark and troubled history, while meeting some of our more spirited residents and visiting our most horrific haunted sites! Our tours will have you sleeping with one eye open!
From haunted taverns to restless spirits, we'll share the tales of these aged spirits:
- Joe Morgue - the enthusiastic grave digger
- Thomas Dance - a poor soul who died building the State House dome
- The Headless Man - need we say more?
- Amy, the "working girl" - she forever haunts the Rams Head Tavern
- And many more!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Interesting stories & fun facts
|Coach_Dave||Sat, Oct 25 9:00 PM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Tour guide was enthusiastic, incorporated surrounding distractions well (a drunk guy walking by yelling, referred to as the ghost of the village idiot). Good pace, interesting stories about several of the surrounding buildings and those who did (and still do) inhabit them :-). Definitely recommend for a date night.
It was OK
|mcbonet||Sat, Oct 25 7:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
This was my first ghost tour ever. I usually don't do this type of thing, but a friend wanted to do it, so I did it. If I ever do one of these again I will not choose the first tour at 7pm. It wasn't dark enough and there was a lot of activity in the streets that disconnect the tour from the atmosphere of ghosts. It's hard to be spooked when a bunch of tourists with flashy cameras are walking down the sidewalk. The tour itself wasn't that fabulous. I didn't particularly like the way the guide was telling the stories. I could hear her fine, but I was standing in front of her most of the time. It started late even though the tickets said to arrive 15 minutes early. We had to wait for some people that were running late. The guide was not in costume.(Just in case you prefer that type of tour.) The houses that we were shown were ordinary. Again, hard to be spooked when they are still open for business or have a bunch of lights on. Walking up and down the alleys of Annapolis was interesting. It took me places I would not have gone to before. We did a lot of standing and listening to stories, not enough walking or moving. It was a bit disappointing.
Who would have known ?
|cushley||Fri, Oct 24 7:00 PM||Male||50-59||Local||Family With Children|
Have lived in the area 20+ years and never did a tour like this. Hear some interesting tales about locations and establishments I have frequented or walked by countless times. The guide was engaging and kept it light.
Had a great time
|MaryAliceU||Sat, Oct 18 7:00 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Unspecified|
Very entertaining and nice tour of Historic Annapolis, particularly back streets.
October 12th Walking Ghost Tour
|ClemTiger168||Sun, Oct 12 8:00 PM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
My new wife, Emily, and I toured with guide, Lana. We couldn't have been more pleased with the detail and information provided by our guide. She covered at least a half a dozen stories in under 90 minutes and made it fun for the entire group. I highly recommend the Walking Ghost Tour of Annapolis. Customers will get exactly what they came for and maybe more!
A fun trip through Downtown Annapolis
|Blaze1989||Sat, Oct 11 7:00 PM||Male||20-29||Local||Couple on a Date|
The walk was enjoyable and our tour guide was nice and informative. The only complaint we have was not being able to go into any of the building that we were told stories about. This is a very minor complaint however and in no way did this stop us from enjoying night. This is the second time I've been on one of these tours once in Baltimore and now this one. I would and will be going again in the future.
Too Stand Still & Uneventful to be Family Friendly
|CrozDog||Thu, Oct 9 8:00 PM||Unspecified||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
We were looking very forward to this evening! Our group consisted of 4 couples and a handful of kids ranging in age between 9-12. All the kids were old enough to stand still, be respectful, tolerant and patient - several traits I thought they'd have to exhibit on occasion throughout the evening -- but not for the ENTIRE two hour tour (which ran overtime by at least 20 minutes). However, they were also looking, as were the adults of the group, for a little fun on a most perfect evening for a spooky tour. Quite frankly, we gave our guide many chances to impress and our views on the whole were hot and cold to start...we'd then warm up to her and by the end of the evening, were stone cold. She was not very engaging, bordering on rude at times, condescending towards the children and plain offensive when she dropped the F-Bomb during one of her soliloquies. Not our cup of tea and left late and disappointed by the end, in search of the nearest 'watering hole'. I think I'd rename this tour, 'The Sidewalk Soliloquy' and know with certainty, I would not have signed up for this had I known the ultimate outcome of the evening.
|bkpenn28||Sat, Oct 4 9:00 PM||Male||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
Would like more ghost stories
Nice Change Up
|psarafa||Wed, Oct 1 8:00 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
The ghost tour was fun and a nice change up. Our guide was energetic and enthusiastic. The tour was a great way to experience the downtown and get some history of Annapolis.
|abbyforbes19||Sun, Sep 21 8:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Unspecified|
Loved our guide and had a fun time perfect birthday party
- Is this tour suitable for children?
- Yes! We do however discuss "Working Girls" briefly (mainly through innuendo), and much of the tour is geared towards adults, but many people do bring their children and tell us that they enjoyed it thoroughly.
- Do children need to be accompanied by an adult?
- Yes, all participants, ages 5 - 13, must be chaperoned by someone age 17 or older. Proof of age may be required. Children under age 5 must be accompanied by an adult. Please notify us if you will be bringing non-paying children under the age of 5.
- How long is your ghost tour?
- The walking ghost tour is a leisurely 9/10th mile route around historic downtown Annapolis which lasts 1.5 - 2 hours. We make multiple stops at various haunted locations where we share with you the stories and legends. We do recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather!
- Do I need to buy tickets in advance?
- Yes, advance ticket purchase is required as tours do sell out. Any remaining tickets not sold 30 minutes prior to each tour are available for walk-in purchase on a space-available basis only. Advance purchase is highly recommended to ensure your participation.
- Can we bring cameras or video equipment?
- But, of course!!! Some of the best ghost photos have been taken by unwitting photographers intending to shoot other subjects. Apparitions tend to show up in photos, even when you didn’t see anything while snapping the picture. The only thing we ask is that if you shoot a great ghost picture and sell it to the tabloids for a million dollars, you'll share some with us - just kidding. So good luck, and good hunting!
- Does the tour happen rain or shine?
- Yes, the tour runs in all weather unless it's deemed dangerous. If we cancel the tour, participants may reschedule for a future event.
- Is there a minimum number of "tickets sold" required for the tour to depart?
- Yes, we require a minimum number of paid guests before the tour will go out. If less than minimum are signed up 2 hours prior to the tour date/time, we will contact you to reschedule.
- If I am running late for the tour, will you wait for me?
- We always start the tour on time. If you are running late, please let us know (using the contact info on your e-ticket) and we will either place you in the next tour group, if space is available, or have one of our staff wait for you for a maximum of 15 minutes, and take you to the tour already in progress. Please give yourself plenty of time to find parking and get to the tour meeting point 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour to check-in! Also, if you're having dinner at one of our local restaurants, be sure to tell them what time you need to leave by so you, and they, can plan accordingly.
- Do we go inside buildings during the tour?
- No, the Walking Ghost Tours' stories and legends are told outside each location.
- Is tipping acceptable?
- Tipping is always acceptable, but not required - it is totally at your discretion. Our guides are highly professional and well-trained to entertain you and all of our guests. Many of our guests appreciate good service and choose to reward it, and the guides are always grateful.
- Can I buy a gift certificate for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Are dogs permitted on this tour?
- Dogs are allowed on the walking tour so long as they are leashed, quiet, well-behaved, and you have adequate clean-up supplies with you, just in case!
- Can I setup a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available and are perfect for corporate groups, social groups, scouts of all ages, church groups and anyone looking for a unique experience!. If you are interested in more information on private tours, click on the "group tours" link on our website: www.toursandcrawls.com
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- No weather related rescheduling.
- Inclement weather is NOT a valid reason to reschedule a reservation. We suggest bringing raincoats and/or umbrellas. Some of our best and spookiest tours have taken place on rainy nights!