Enjoy a lantern led 90-min walking ghost tour around historic downtown Annapolis where guests will be immersed in the holiday spirit and haunted past of this quaint colonial city.
We will be walking past the Governor's Mansion and several other historic and haunted buildings decorated for the holidays and stopping in front of many others where we will regale visitors with the ghost tales and legends surrounding them; paying special attention to stories involving Annapolis' Christmas "spirits"!
Got Ghosts? We Do!
And we'll tell you all about them...who they are, where they haunt, why they're still here, and to what ends these troubled souls go to in order to make their presence felt by those currently living in and intruding upon their domain!
Don't be fooled by imitators, there is only one best and original Annapolis Ghost Tour! Our tours will have you sleeping with one eye open!
From haunted taverns to restless spirits, we'll share the tales of these aged spirits:
- Cornelius Brooksby - added some holiday Spirit to his home
- Mary Reynolds - a hauntingly beautiful Xmas caroler
- Col. Brice - gave descendents a Xmas Eve scare
- Joe Morgue - the grave digger who never misses Xmas mass
- Reverdy Johnson - "life" of the Governor's Xmas party!
- Is this tour suitable for children?
- Yes! We do however discuss "Working Girls" briefly (mainly through innuendo), and much of the tour is geared towards adults, but many people do bring their children and tell us that they enjoyed it thoroughly.
- Do children need to be accompanied by an adult?
- Yes, all participants, ages 5 - 13, must be chaperoned by someone age 17 or older. Proof of age may be required. Children under age 5 must be accompanied by an adult. Please notify us if you will be bringing non-paying children under the age of 5.
- How long is your ghost tour?
- The walking ghost tour is a leisurely 9/10th mile route around historic downtown Annapolis which lasts 1.5 - 2 hours. We make multiple stops at various haunted locations where we share with you the stories and legends. We do recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather!
- Do I need to buy tickets in advance?
- Yes, advance ticket purchase is required as tours do sell out. Any remaining tickets not sold 30 minutes prior to each tour are available for walk-in purchase on a space-available basis only. Advance purchase is highly recommended to ensure your participation.
- Can we bring cameras or video equipment?
- But, of course!!! Some of the best ghost photos have been taken by unwitting photographers intending to shoot other subjects. Apparitions tend to show up in photos, even when you didn’t see anything while snapping the picture. The only thing we ask is that if you shoot a great ghost picture and sell it to the tabloids for a million dollars, you'll share some with us - just kidding. So good luck, and good hunting!
- Does the tour happen rain or shine?
- Yes, the tour runs in all weather unless it's deemed dangerous. If we cancel the tour, participants may reschedule for a future event.
- Is there any reason a tour would not go out?
- While it is very rare, we sometimes are forced to cancel because of very extreme weather. We require a minimum of three (3) total paid guests before the tour will go out. If less than 3 guests are signed up 24 hours prior to the tour date/time, we will contact you to reschedule or receive a refund.
- If I am running late for the tour, will you wait for me?
- We always start the tour on time. If you are running late, please let us know (using the contact info on your e-ticket) and we will either place you in the next tour group, if space is available, or have one of our staff wait for you for a maximum of 15 minutes, and take you to the tour already in progress. Please give yourself plenty of time to find parking and get to the tour meeting point 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour to check-in! Also, if you're having dinner at one of our local restaurants, be sure to tell them what time you need to leave by so you, and they, can plan accordingly.
- Do we go inside buildings during the tour?
- No, the Walking Ghost Tours' stories and legends are told outside each location.
- Is tipping acceptable?
- Tipping is always acceptable, but not required - it is totally at your discretion. Our guides are highly professional and well-trained to entertain you and all of our guests. Many of our guests appreciate good service and choose to reward it, and the guides are always grateful.
- How does this tour differ from you regular walking ghost tour?
- This tour differs in that it focuses on ghost stories and hauntings that happen around Christmas time. On this tour, you will get additional ghost stories that you will not get on the regular walking ghost tour. Also, as part of the route, we are going to walk past several houses that will be festively decorated for the holiday season including the Governor's Mansion!