Gourmet LA Food Tours offers the only walking food tour in this legendary coastal community! This culinary and cultural adventure meanders through the heart of celebrity-studded Malibu.
Enjoy food tastings of local favorites, including a variety of specialty restaurants, a gourmet cafe and market, and even a juice truck! Some of the possible tastings on this 3 hour tour may include:
- Fresh Juices
- Exotic Hot Chocolate
- Mexican, Greek and Italian Specialties
- Homemade Local Favorites
- Exquisite Chocolates
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance. Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with a Visa, AMEX or MasterCard. Cash is not accepted.
- If a tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. If a date and time is sold out, there is the possibility that we could add an additional tour. Please click on the "Contact GourmetLA" link to let us know what date you are interested in if you do not see availability.
- Are children welcome on the tour?
- We love children--in fact, we have some of our own! Children are welcome on our food tours, however, please keep in mind the tour is 3 hours long and involves a lot of walking or standing as well as visits to cultural and historical landmarks. As a courtesy to other participants, please consider your child’s interests and attention span when determining if the tour will be appropriate for them. Please note that all participants ages 5 and older are required to have a full-priced ticket.
- If I am bringing an infant or very young child, do I need to purchase a ticket for them?
- Infants or young children under the age of 5 do not need tickets if they will not be participating in the food tastings. Please note the tour route does include some stairs so if bringing a stroller we recommend a small one that folds easily. Also, we would appreciate you letting us know if you will be bringing an infant or young child by including a Message to the Seller when purchasing your tickets.
- How much food is served on the tour?
- There are 8-10 stops for tastings on the tour. For most people, the tour samples will be the equivalent of a full meal.
- What types of foods are served on the tour?
- Guests will receive a variety of both food and drink tastings on the tour and tastings may include fresh juice, exotic hot chocolate, muffins, crepes, Mexican, Greek, and Italian specialties, exquisite chocolate and authentic gelato. Please note that food-tasting locations and samples are subject to change without notice.
- Are there any beverages served on the Malibu tour?
- Small samples of juice and tea are served at some of the locations we visit. At some locations, water may be included, but in general if you would like water during your tour, we suggest that you bring along your own bottle.
- Is alcohol served on the Malibu tour?
- No, there are no wine tastings or other alcoholic beverages served on this tour.
- What if I have dietary restrictions?
- If you have dietary restrictions (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic, food allergy etc.), you may not be able to participate in some of the tour tastings and we are unfortunately unable to guarantee substitutions at this time. On the day of the tour, please inform your guide of any dietary restrictions and they will try to accommodate guests when possible. It's up to guests to determine which tastings they cannot participate in.
- How much walking is involved?
- The tour covers approximately 2.5 miles of mostly flat terrain with a few stairs over a 3 hour period, so we do recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes. We walk at a relaxed pace and have the ability to sit at many of the tasting spots along the way.
- Do we only walk around and sample food?
- Gourmet LA’s Malibu Tour showcases the food AND culture of Malibu! The tour features tastings at many of Malibu’s favorite restaurants, explores the exclusive local shops and highlights the unique history of the area. Your Gourmet LA guide will take you to Legacy Park and the Adamson House, and share the rich history of Malibu. You will also see Surfrider Beach and the Malibu Pier.
- Is time allotted for shopping during the tour?
- Our schedule does not include time for shopping during the tour, but we encourage you to allow time to “shop the ‘Bu” after the tour.
- Why would a Los Angeles local take this tour?
- Southern California offers many diverse neighborhoods and cultural experiences, and our tours highlight the local favorites and hidden gems just waiting to be discovered. Our Malibu Tour highlights the elusive and eclectic Malibu lifestyle -- and allows you to experience Malibu like a local!
- What happens if it rains?
- Gourmet LA Food Tours are held rain or shine. On the very rare occasion when there is heavy rain or local flooding, you may be notified that the tour for that date and time is canceled, and you will be able to reschedule your tickets or receive credit for a future tour.
- How should I dress for the Malibu Tour?
- You will be on your feet the majority of the tour, so please wear comfortable walking shoes. We strongly suggest dressing in layers--even during a sunny day the coastal fog can be chilly. You might also wear sunscreen and a hat or vizor.
- Where does the tour finish?
- The tour begins and ends at the entrance to Legacy Park in Malibu. You will receive detailed directions and meeting location information after purchasing your tickets.
- Are bathrooms available during the tour?
- Yes, there are bathrooms available at various points during the tour.
- Are tours offered only in English?
- At this time, tours are only offered in English. If you would like to make arrangements for your own interpreter to join the tour, please contact us by clicking on the "Contact GourmetLA" link on the left side of the page.
- May I bring my dog on the tour?
- Due to the various food establishments we visit, pets of any kind are not allowed on this tour.
- Is tipping expected?
- Tipping is customary, especially if you had a great time and want to thank the tour guide for a job well done. The typical tipping rate in the United States is generally 15-20% and is paid directly to the tour guide.
- Is there parking nearby the tour meeting point?
- Yes, there is complimentary parking located near the meeting point. Specific parking details are included in the meeting location directions after purchasing your tickets.
- Is the Malibu Tour stroller and/or wheelchair accessible?
- Unfortunately, the Malibu Tour is not wheelchair accessible and is not recommended for strollers. The tour includes some historic areas, such as the Adamson House, which have stairs and can not be navigated by wheelchair. If guests are bringing young children in strollers, we strongly recommend a stroller that folds easily to be carried up or down stairs.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Of course, and what a great idea! Please click on the "Contact GourmetLA" link to contact us about purchasing a Gourmet LA Food Tour gift certificate.
- Are private tours available?
- Yes, private group tours are also available. To set up a private tour or to learn more, please click on the "Contact GourmetLA" link and let us know about your request.
Gourmet LA Food Tours
Southern California’s cuisine and culture is diverse and expansive--and just waiting to be explored! Diane and Mary are experts at discovering local gems, and will entertain and educate you about a city you thought you knew--or always wanted to!
Both Diane and Mary are professionals in the tour industry and longtime residents of Southern California. Diane started out as an art teacher in Ohio and moved to Los Angeles 25 years ago. Her experience includes event planning, computer graphics and advertising. Mary has lived in and loved Southern California since 1976. After careers in the entertainment industry and education, Mary has focused on sharing her knowledge and love for the area with visitors to Southern California.
They are both mothers with sons and have been working together for years. Their passion for great food and unique locales is inspiring. Please join them for an entertaining and delicious Gourmet LA Food Tour experience!