Our Mother's Day Brunch Buffet Menu will include the following:
- Bread Basket (Bagels, Rolls, Croissants, Muffins) Cream Cheese & Butter)
- Smoked Salmon
- Scrambled Eggs
- Home Fries
- French Toast
- Vegetable Quiche
- Quiche Lorraine
- Baked Ham
- Tortellini Alfredo
- Stuffed Shells
- Chicken Salad with Nuts & Apples
- Orzo Pasta Salad
- Fresh Fruit
- Donuts & Danish
- Coffee: Regular & Decaf
- Hot Tea
- Orange Juice and Apple Juice
We look forward to welcoming you aboard!
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- For the Mother's Day Brunch Cruise you must purchase tickets in advance. We only sell 80 tickets, so we suggest booking as early as possible as the cruise may sell out.
- Does the Pride of the Hudson cruise in the rain?
- Yes! The Pride of the Hudson will run rain or shine. The main deck is fully enclosed and climate controlled, so guests can cruise in comfort while enjoying the panorama of the Hudson River through huge wrap-around windows. In the event of severe weather we would have to cancel and you would be given the opportunity to reschedule for another cruise date.
- Can I get a discount?
- Discounts may not be used for this event.
- Is this cruise good for kids?
- We welcome children aboard the Pride of the Hudson for our Mother's Day Brunch Cruise! A reduced ticket price of $45 is offered for children ages 11 and under. The Pride of the Hudson is safe for children. We do require that children are supervised while on board.
- Where do we go & what do we see on a Mother's Day Brunch Cruise?
- The Pride of the Hudson's Mother's Day Brunch Cruise departs from the Newburgh Landing and heads South on the Hudson River. As the Pride cruises south along the Hudson River you will see sites such as Washington's Headquarters, Bannerman Island, the Catskill Water Aqueduct, Storm King Mountain, Cold Spring, and West Point. On our return trip North, you can get a second view of most of the sites. There is no narration on this cruise, but you are encouraged to ask a crew member if you have any questions.
- Can I do anything extra special for my mother?
- Yes! You can order a bottle of champagne or a bouquet of a dozen roses along with your tickets. You will receive the champagne and/or flowers at the start of the cruise.
- How many passengers will the Pride of the Hudson hold?
- The Pride of the Hudson will take up to 80 passengers for the Mother's Day Brunch Cruise.
- Are food or drinks served during the cruises?
- Yes, we have a wonderful selection of brunch foods for you to enjoy. Coffee, Tea, orange juice, and lemonade are also included in the ticket price. Alcoholic & other non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase at our bar. These items include Champagne, bloody marys, frozen daiquiris, beer, wine, soda, and more! Beverages start at $1.25. Souvenirs such as post cards, photographs, and magnets are also available for purchase.
- Can I bring food or drinks aboard the Pride of the Hudson?
- You may not bring alcohol aboard the Pride of the Hudson, but you may purchase alcohol on board. An extensive brunch menu including coffee, tea, orange juice and lemonade are available as part of the cruise ticket price. You may bring snacks and non-alcoholic beverages such as water, juice, & soda on board if you desire.
- Is is customary to tip the crew?
- Gratuities are completely at the guests' discretion. They are appreciated but will not be solicited aboard.
- Is there assigned seating aboard the Pride of the Hudson?
- We do seat you on our maid deck for the Mother's Day Brunch Cruise. You are welcome to move your seating to our top deck if you prefer. This seating is on a first come basis and may not be reserved. The Pride of the Hudson has tables and chairs on both the top and main decks. Benches are available on the bow.
- Is smoking allowed on the Pride of the Hudson?
- Smoking is allowed aboard the Pride of the Hudson in certain areas. Guests cannot smoke in the main deck. Guests can smoke on the top deck and bow area.
- Will I get seasick?
- Seasickness is very rare on our cruises since we travel on the river and experience almost no rocking. Our vessels are very stable and we will only be about a half a mile offshore for the duration of the cruise. Should you be particularly prone to motion sickness, feel free to take your own preventative measures beforehand (Dramamine will not be available for sale on board).
- Is the boat handicapped accessible?
- Unfortunately the boat is not formally wheelchair accessible. We do welcome fold-able wheelchairs on board but passengers must be able to board the boat via the gangway (wheelchairs won't fit on the gangway, but anyone who can board with assistance should have no problem). Any passenger with a walker should not have a problem. Note that the restrooms on board are not wheelchair accessible. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us via the "Contact HRAdventure" link.
- Are pets allowed?
- Unfortunately all pets other than service dogs are not allowed on the cruise. If you need to bring a service dog, please let us know in a "Message to the Seller" upon purchasing your tickets.
- Are there life jackets on board?
- Yes, the Pride has life jackets available for all passengers; however, you are not required to wear them on board.
- Are gift certificates available?
- No, gift certificates are not available for this specific cruise, but they are available for many of our regularly operating cruises and make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click “List of all activities” to the left of the page, scroll down to the bottom of the next page, and click “Buy a Gift Certificate”!
- Are private charters available on the Pride of the Hudson?
- Yes! The Pride of the Hudson is a wonderful place to host your next event. From family outings to weddings to corporate events, we will help you plan every detail for an event you will never forget. Please let us know what type of event you are planning via the "Contact HRAdventure" link.
- Do you do field trips for schools aboard the Pride of the Hudson?
- Of course! The Pride of the Hudson cruises through an historic part of the river and is perfect for all ages of students! If our regular schedule does not fit into your time constraints, we are happy to schedule a cruise to fit into the school day! We have activity sheets that can either be worked into a class curriculum prior to the cruise or can be completed aboard. For elementary level students, we also have a Junior Historian or Junior Deckhand certificate that can be earned aboard. For more information about field trips, please "Contact HRAdventure" directly.
- Can Scout Groups come aboard the Pride of the Hudson?
- Of course! Both girl scouts and boy scouts can have an amazing time aboard. A cruise aboard the Pride of the Hudson will prove to be both educational and fun for all. Badge programs are available. For more information about the badge programs, please click on the "Contact HRAdventure" link.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions.
Hudson River Adventures
We are a seasonal business with a well trained crew that returns every year. We are members of the Orange County, Dutchess County and New Paltz Chambers of Commerce. We are also members of the Passenger Vessel Association and attend annual meetings to keep ourselves and our equipment up to date.
The Pride of the Hudson is a large dinner cruise boat ranked number one by Hudson Valley Magazine's "Best Cruises" in years past. We put care into delivering the best quality trip possible and pride ourselves on making sure every passenger that steps aboard has a memorable experience.