Join us for High Tea like you have never experienced...on the water. Your 2-hour adventure will begin at the Newburgh Landing. During the first hour of the cruise, guests will have the opportunity to enjoy our high-tea menu as well as enjoy a live musical performance of classical singing of opera and Broadway favorites by John & Cynthia Vergilii. During the second hour guests will have the opportunity to enjoy a narrated cruise while taking in the sights and sounds of the Hudson River.
The high tea cruise menu may include tasty options such as:
- Harney & Sons Tea (freshly brewed, of course)
- Horton House famous scones (served with clotted cream and jam)
- Summer vegetable soup
- 5 gourmet tea sandwiches (Egg salad sandwiches with asparagus and pecans; cucumber salad sandwiches with cream cheese; mint chicken salad with fresh pears, dried fruits and rosemary; salmon salad with chopped fresh vegetables and lime-mayo; turkey sandwiches with arugula spread)
- And for dessert...homemade tarts and gourmet cookies!
We look forward to welcoming you aboard!
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance ticket purchase is highly recommended, as cruises may sell out. To be sure you are able to purchase tickets for the cruise date & time you prefer, we suggest you purchase tickets early.
- Does the Pride of the Hudson cruise in the rain?
- Yes! The Pride of the Hudson will run rain or shine. The main deck is fully enclosed and climate controlled, so guests can cruise in comfort while enjoying the panorama of the Hudson River through huge wrap-around windows. In the event of severe weather we would have to cancel and you would be given the opportunity to reschedule for another cruise date.
- Are the Pride of the Hudson's high tea cruises good for kids?
- We welcome children aboard the Pride of the Hudson for our High Tea cruises! What child does not like food, music and fresh air? A reduced ticket price of $43 is offered for children ages 4-11. Children 3 and under cruise for free, but they must have a $0 ticket to board. The Pride of the Hudson is safe for children. We do require that children are supervised while on board.
- Where do we go & what do we see on a the High Tea Cruise?
- On the High Tea Cruise we depart from the Newburgh Landing and head South on the Hudson River. As the Pride cruises south along the Hudson River you will see sites such as Washington's Headquarters, Bannerman Island, the Catskill Water Aqueduct, Storm King Mountain, Cold Spring, and West Point. During the first half of the cruise you'll have an opportunity to view these sites while enjoying tea and the live entertainment. However, during the second half of the trip you will hear a narration of the sites as we pass.
- How many passengers will the Pride of the Hudson hold?
- The Pride of the Hudson will take up to 130 passengers on each cruise.
- Are food or drinks served during the High Tea cruises?
- Our High Tea menu of tea and both savory and sweet foods is included during this cruise. If you are interested in additional beverages or snacks, we also have a bar/snack bar that sells alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages and light snacks. These items include frozen daiquiris, beer, wine, soda, water, coffee, hot dogs, nachos and cheese, chips, candy and more! Prices range from $.50 to $5 for snacks, and beverages start at $1.25. Souvenirs such as post cards, photographs, and magnets are also available for purchase.
- Can I bring food or drinks aboard the Pride of the Hudson?
- We do serve food and tea on this cruise, but you may bring snacks and non-alcoholic beverages such as water, juice and soda on board. You may not bring alcohol aboard the Pride of the Hudson.
- Is is customary to tip the crew?
- Gratuities are completely at the guests' discretion. They are appreciated but will not be solicited aboard.
- Is there assigned seating aboard the Pride of the Hudson?
- No. Seating availability is on a first come first served basis. The Pride of the Hudson has tables and chairs on both the top and main decks. Benches are available on the bow.
- Is smoking allowed on the Pride of the Hudson?
- Smoking is allowed aboard the Pride of the Hudson in certain areas. Guests cannot smoke in the main deck. Guests can smoke on the top deck and bow area.
- Will I get seasick?
- Seasickness is very rare on our cruises since we travel on the river and experience almost no rocking. Our vessels are very stable and we will only be about a half a mile offshore for the duration of the cruise. Should you be particularly prone to motion sickness, feel free to take your own preventative measures beforehand (Dramamine will not be available for sale on board).
- Is the boat handicapped accessible?
- Unfortunately the boat is not formally wheelchair accessible. We do welcome fold-able wheelchairs on board but passengers must be able to board the boat via the gangway (wheelchairs won't fit on the gangway, but anyone who can board with assistance should have no problem). Any passenger with a walker should not have a problem. Note that the restrooms on board are not wheelchair accessible. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us via the "Contact HRAdventure" link.
- Are pets allowed?
- Unfortunately all pets other than service dogs are not allowed on the cruise. If you need to bring a service dog, please let us know in a "Message to the Seller" upon purchasing your tickets.
- Can I use a discount for this cruise?
- The Pride of the Hudson occasionally runs promotions and offers discounts, but unfortunately this special cruise is not currently eligible for discounts.
- Are there life jackets on board?
- Yes, the Pride has life jackets available for all passengers; however, you are not required to wear them on board.
- Are gift certificates available?
- No, gift certificates are not available for this specific cruise, but they are available for many of our regularly operating cruises and make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click “List of all activities” to the left of the page, scroll down to the bottom of the next page, and click “Buy a Gift Certificate”!
- Are private charters available on the Pride of the Hudson?
- Yes! The Pride of the Hudson is a wonderful place to host your next event. From family outings to weddings to corporate events, we will help you plan every detail for an event you will never forget. Please let us know what type of event you are planning via the "Contact HRAdventure" link.
- Do you do field trips for schools aboard the Pride of the Hudson?
- Of course! The Pride of the Hudson cruises through an historic part of the river and is perfect for all ages of students! If our regular schedule does not fit into your time constraints, we are happy to schedule a cruise to fit into the school day! We have activity sheets that can either be worked into a class curriculum prior to the cruise or can be completed aboard. For elementary level students, we also have a Junior Historian or Junior Deckhand certificate that can be earned aboard. For more information about field trips, please "Contact HRAdventure" directly.
- Can Scout Groups come aboard the Pride of the Hudson?
- Of course! Both girl scouts and boy scouts can have an amazing time aboard. A cruise aboard the Pride of the Hudson will prove to be both educational and fun for all. Badge programs are available. For more information about the badge programs, please click on the "Contact HRAdventure" link.
Hudson River Adventures
We are a seasonal business with a well trained crew that returns every year. We are members of the Orange County, Dutchess County and New Paltz Chambers of Commerce. We are also members of the Passenger Vessel Association and attend annual meetings to keep ourselves and our equipment up to date.
The Pride of the Hudson is a large dinner cruise boat ranked number one by Hudson Valley Magazine's "Best Cruises" in years past. We put care into delivering the best quality trip possible and pride ourselves on making sure every passenger that steps aboard has a memorable experience.