Our fireworks cruise is a wonderful way to celebrate the end of summer. We will be heading south to view the fireworks display set off from West Point. What better way to view the fireworks than from the deck of the Pride of the Hudson?
When the Pride of the Hudson leaves the dock, your Captain will take you on a "cruise to nowhere".
- Bask in the open air on the spacious sundeck
- Enjoy the comfort of our climate controlled main salon featuring huge wrap-around windows.
- Our friendly and professional crew will respond to all of your needs.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard!
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance ticket purchase is highly recommended, as cruises may sell out. To be sure you are able to purchase tickets for the cruise date & time you prefer, we suggest you purchase tickets early.
- Does the Pride of the Hudson cruise in the rain?
- Yes! The Pride of the Hudson will run rain or shine. The main deck is fully enclosed and climate controlled, so guests can cruise in comfort while enjoying the panorama of the Hudson River through huge wrap-around windows. In the event of severe weather we would have to cancel and you would be given the opportunity to reschedule for another cruise date.
- Can I combine discounts?
- The Pride of the Hudson occasionally runs promotions and offers discounts. You are welcome to use any discounts offered upon ticket purchase, however discounts may not be combined.
- Are the Pride of the Hudson's fireworks cruises good for kids?
- We welcome children aboard the Pride of the Hudson for our fireworks cruises! A reduced ticket price of $25 is offered for children ages 11 & under (this includes babies). The Pride of the Hudson is safe for children. We do require that children are supervised while on board.
- Where do we go & what do we see on a Fireworks Cruise?
- The Pride of the Hudson's Fireworks Sightseeing Cruise departs from the Newburgh Landing. Our goal is to get the "best seat in the house" for the West Point fireworks display. Your captain will take you on a short cruise to nowhere and make sure you have a great view of the display.
- How long is the fireworks show?
- The fireworks show/display will be anywhere between 15 minutes to 30 minutes long.
- How many tickets are available for the fireworks cruise?
- We only sell 85 tickets for the fireworks cruise. Advance ticket purchase is highly recommended.
- Are food or drinks served during the cruises?
- Yes, we have a bar/snack bar that sells alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages and light snacks. These items include frozen daiquiris, beer, wine, soda, water, coffee, hot dogs, nachos and cheese, chips, candy and more! Prices range from $.50 to $5 for snacks, and beverages start at $1.25. Souvenirs such as post cards, photographs, and magnets are also available for purchase.
- Can I bring food or drinks aboard the Pride of the Hudson?
- You may not bring alcohol aboard the Pride of the Hudson. You may bring snacks and non-alcoholic beverages such as water, juice, & soda on board.
- Is is customary to tip the crew?
- Gratuities are completely at the guests' discretion. They are appreciated but will not be solicited aboard.
- Is there assigned seating aboard the Pride of the Hudson?
- No. Seating availability is on a first come first served basis. The Pride of the Hudson has tables and chairs on both the top and main decks. Benches are available on the bow.
- Is smoking allowed on the Pride of the Hudson?
- Smoking is allowed aboard the Pride of the Hudson in certain areas. Guests cannot smoke in the main deck. Guests can smoke on the top deck and bow area.
- Will I get seasick?
- Seasickness is very rare on our cruises since we travel on the river and experience almost no rocking. Our vessels are very stable and we will only be about a half a mile offshore for the duration of the cruise. Should you be particularly prone to motion sickness, feel free to take your own preventative measures beforehand (Dramamine will not be available for sale on board).
- Is the boat handicapped accessible?
- Unfortunately the boat is not formally wheelchair accessible. We do welcome fold-able wheelchairs on board but passengers must be able to board the boat via the gangway (wheelchairs won't fit on the gangway, but anyone who can board with assistance should have no problem). Any passenger with a walker should not have a problem. Note that the restrooms on board are not wheelchair accessible. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us via the "Contact this seller" link.
- Are pets allowed?
- Unfortunately all pets other than service dogs are not allowed on the cruise. If you need to bring a service dog, please let us know in a "Message to the Seller" upon purchasing your tickets.
- Are there life jackets on board?
- Yes, the Pride has life jackets available for all passengers; however, you are not required to wear them on board.
- Are there any restaurants near the dock?
- There are several restaurants in walking distance from the dock. If you are planning to dine prior to the cruise, please leave ample time to dine prior to boarding the Pride.
- Are gift certificates available?
- No, gift certificates are not available for this specific cruise, but they are available for many of our regularly operating cruises and make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click “List of all activities” to the left of the page, scroll down to the bottom of the next page, and click “Buy a Gift Certificate”!
- Are private charters available on the Pride of the Hudson?
- Yes! The Pride of the Hudson is a wonderful place to host your next event. From family outings to weddings to corporate events, we will help you plan every detail for an event you will never forget. Please let us know what type of event you are planning via the "Contact HRAdventure" link.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Fireworks may be postponed by West Point due to severe weather.
- In the case that the fireworks are rescheduled by West Point, this cruise will be rescheduled accordingly. Ticket holders will be notified about the change and rescheduled for the alternate time.
Hudson River Adventures
We are a seasonal business with a well trained crew that returns every year. We are members of the Orange County, Dutchess County and New Paltz Chambers of Commerce. We are also members of the Passenger Vessel Association and attend annual meetings to keep ourselves and our equipment up to date.
The Pride of the Hudson is a large dinner cruise boat ranked number one by Hudson Valley Magazine's "Best Cruises" in years past. We put care into delivering the best quality trip possible and pride ourselves on making sure every passenger that steps aboard has a memorable experience.