Enjoy an exciting combination of two of Charleston's most respected and reliable tour companies, Charleston Harbor Tours and Bulldog Tours. These tours reveal two very different sides of our beautiful and eerie historic city, an exciting adventure during both day and night for the whole family.
One discounted ticket will guarantee you a spot on the Charleston Harbor Tour AND entitle you to a voucher for The Haunted Jail Tour OR The Ghost and Graveyard Walking Tour that can be used for any date and time!
This combo package includes:
1) A ticket for a Charleston Harbor Tour
Aboard the classic, 80-foot Carolina Belle, cruise the scenic Charleston Harbor while hearing fascinating local stories and seeing more than 75 landmarks, some critical to our nation’s history, including:
- Fort Sumter - Charleston's premiere historic attraction
- Civil War Forts Moultrie and Johnson
- USS Yorktown: the famous World War II “Fighting Lady”
- St. Michael’s Episcopal Church
- Stately homes on the Battery
- Cooper River Bridges, including the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge
- Dolphins and pelicans skimming the surface of the water
A behind-the-scenes tour that is sure to frighten all those who dare enter this historical site. Dark and sinister, the Old City Jail housed some of Charleston’s most infamous criminals. On this exclusive tour you’ll discover where Charleston’s worst criminals lived, died and are still rumored to live today.
You will have an exclusive opportunity to walk inside the gates of Charleston’s oldest graveyard after dark. You’ll learn about the history of Charleston’s haunted graveyards and hear the tales about famous individuals who found their final resting place in the Holy City.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is highly recommended and tours often sell out in advance. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- How does the Combo Harbor Tour and Ghost Tour work?
- When you purchase your tickets for the Combo Tour, your space will be guaranteed on the Harbor Tour for the date and time for which you buy tickets and your purchase will also entitle you to admission for the Haunted Jail Tour OR the Ghost and Graveyard Tour. You'll need to pick up a Ghost tour voucher before you attend your Ghost Tour, but you can do that either when you attend your Harbor Tour or by stopping by the Charleston Harbor Tours ticket booth at the Charleston Maritime Center before attending the Ghost Tour. Both activities are located in downtown Charleston, walking distance to the Ghost Tour meeting location. Exact location details will be provided upon purchase of your tickets.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- We have reduced price tickets for children ages 4 to 11. Children ages 3 and younger are free with an accompanying Adult ticket.
- What exactly do we see on the Harbor Tour?
- Some of the sites you'll see and hear about include: the white steeple of St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, the stately homes along the Battery, the three forts – Moultrie, Sumter, and Johnson, Patriot’s Point, the home of the Yorktown, the famous “Fighting Lady” of World War II, Charleston’s landmark Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge.
- What happens if it rains?
- The cruises take place rain or shine, regardless of weather conditions. The Carolina Belle has a glassed-in, enclosed observatory and the upper deck is also partially covered, so you'll be able to get great views of the Harbor's famous sights in any weather! The Ghost tours also run in the rain. The Ghost tours will not run In the event of severe weather conditions, You will get contact information for Bulldog Tours after purchasing tickets. If you think the weather might prevent the tours from going out, you can contact Bulldog Tours on the day you would like to attend. If the tours are canceled for the day, you'll be able to attend on a different day, or keep your voucher and attend on a future date. All tickets are nonrefundable.
- Is the Carolina Belle covered?
- Yes, the Carolina Belle has two decks - A glassed-in “Main Salon”, which is climate controlled and an “Observation Deck”, each providing spectacular views of Charleston harbor. The Observation Deck is open, however, it does have some roof-covered space.
- Can I buy food or drinks along on board?
- There is a snack bar aboard the Carolina Belle that has soda, bottled water, wine, beer, chips, hot dogs, candy bars, cookies, etc. If you'd like to purchase items from the snack bar, please bring extra cash with you.
- Can I bring my own food or drinks on board?
- No, we ask you not to bring any food or drinks on board. You will be able to purchase food and drinks at our snack bar.
- Does the tour run year-round?
- No, the public Harbor Tour runs from mid-February through Thanksgiving.
- What should I wear?
- Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions. Keep in mind that the temperature on the water is significantly cooler than on the land, so you may want to bring a sweater in the cooler months.
- Are there any stops along the way?
- No, there are no stops. We will be cruising for the entire tour.
- Is the Harbor Boat Tour safe?
- The Carolina Belle is a safe vessel with a normal operating crew of four. She is certified to cruise the inland waterways by the USCG and meets all the US Coast Guard safety requirements.
- Will I get seasick?
- The Carolina Belle is a steady 85-foot vessel with classic lines. The Charleston Harbor has a mild atmosphere and it is unlikely that you will feel much movement aboard the boat. If you often feel seasick, you may want to consider some light medication before beginning the trip. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is the trip wheelchair accessible?
- The Carolina Belle is not ADA compliant, however, we are able to accommodate guests with wheelchairs for the most part. Entrance to the boat is via a 14-foot ramp, which varies in steepness depending on the tide. If you're able to enter using the ramp, you'll be able to participate in the tour.
- Is there any narration on the tour?
- Yes, the Harbor Tour is fully narrated.
- Do we see dolphins and other sealife or birdlife?
- We often catch a glimpse of dolphins skimming the surface as they feed or a pelican as he nose dives into the water in search of a tasty tidbit.
- Is parking available near the departure point?
- Yes, free parking is available at the Charleston Maritime Center (as long as the lot is not full) for Harbor Tour guests. If the lot is full, you may also park at meters or in a City Parking lot nearby, however you must pay for those parking spaces.
- Where does the Harbor Tour finish?
- The tour finishes in the same place that it departs from, the Charleston Maritime Center, near Calhoun and Concord Streets.
- Is there a restroom on the boat?
- Yes, the boat is equipped with a clean restroom.
- Can I stow anything during the cruise?
- We do have limited closet space for wheelchairs and strollers on board. If you have a backpack or other item, we ask that you keep it under your seat. We are not responsible for lost or missing items.
- Are dogs allowed on board?
- Pets are not allowed on board the Carolina Belle. Exceptions are made for service animals only.
- Are gift certificates available for the trip?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the yellow box above.
- Can I book a private trip?
- Yes! We can accommodate a variety of special requests. Please use the "Contact this seller" link to inquire further about special group rates.
- Where is the best place to pickup my Tour vouchers?
- You may pick up your vouchers for both tours at either tour location. If you choose to attend the Harbor Tour first, you may pick up your vouchers at the Maritime Center, If you choose to attend the Ghost Tour first, you may pick up your vouchers at Bulldog Tours 40 Market Street location
- What is the difference between the Combo Tour and the regular Charleston Harbor Tour?
- The Combo Tour includes a ticket for the Charleston Harbor Tour AND also entitles you to admission for a Bulldog Tours Haunted Jail Tour OR the Ghost and Graveyard Tour. All for one reduced package price, this represents a 10% savings over purchasing the tickets individually. After you purchase these combo tickets, you will be guaranteed on the Harbor Tour for the date and time for which you bought tickets. You will also be able to attend the Ghost Tour at any time, reservations are highly recommended, and limited space is available.
- Do I have to do both tours the same day?
- No, there are no restrictions as to when you take the tour. You can do one tour one day and the other the next day; leave several days in between, or when you next return to Charleston.
- How far apart are the two meeting locations?
- The two meeting locations are only 15 minutes walking distance apart, making it easy to attend both on the same day if you’d like to.
- What type of ticket should I buy for a young child?
- For children ages 4 to 11, you should purchase a reduced price Child ticket. Children ages 3 years and under may attend for free, but you’ll still need to enter the appropriate number of Wee One tickets labeled “Free” when purchasing. All guests, regardless of age, must have a ticket, so please make sure your entire party is accounted for in this way. For the Ghost Tours: The Ghost and Graveyard tour is family friendly. If you choose to go on the Haunted Jail Tour, this may not be appropriate for young children.
- Who operates each of the two components of this Combo Tour package?
- The two components are operated by different companies. The Harbor Tour is run by Charleston Harbor Tours, which is the oldest harbor tour company in Charleston, tracing its roots to 1908. The Ghost Tours are operated by Bulldog Tours, As featured on Travel Channel, A&E, Southern Living, NY Times, and USA Today. ( After purchase, you’ll receive the contact information for both companies)
- Is the Ghost Tour portion of the Combo handicapped accessible?
- With advanced notice (two days) all Ghost Tours can accommodate people with disabilities.
- How do I reserve my spot for the Ghost Tour portion of the combo?
- Your Combo ticket provides you with admission on one of two Ghost Tours. All guests should make a reservation for the date and time they prefer.
- When do the Ghost Tours run?
- The Haunted Jail Tour runs at 7pm, 8pm, 9pm, 10pm The Ghost and Graveyard Tour runs at 7:30pm and 9:30pm. There is more or less availability depending on the season, call Bulldog Tours to check availability and make a reservation 843-722-8687.
- How long does Ghost Tour last?
- The Haunted Jail Tour is 45 minutes and The Ghost and Graveyard Tour is 90 minutes long.
- Where does the Ghost Tour leave from?
- The Haunted Jail Tour meets at the Old City Jail, but you need to check in at Bulldog Tours 40 Market Street location and the Ghost and Graveyard Tour meets at 40 Market Street North
- What exact areas do I visit on the Ghost Tour?
- If you choose the Ghost and Graveyard tour, you will visit Charleston’s oldest graveyard. On The Haunted Jail Tour, you will visit the historical Old City Jail.
- Are there other Ghost tours that go into Charleston’s oldest Graveyard, or The Old City Jail?
- No, The Charleston Ghost and Graveyard tour is the only tour in town that goes into Charleston’s oldest graveyard. Other tours walk by the graveyard, but this is the only tour in town that can take you inside. The Haunted Jail Tour is the ONLY tour in town that goes into the Jail. Bulldog Tours has exclusive access to Charleston’s most haunted building.
- Can I bring food or drinks aboard the Ghost Tour?
- Yes, You may bring food and drinks on the ghost tour, be sure to carry your trash with you and dispose of it in proper receptacles at the end of the tour.
- Are we alone on the Ghost Tour?
- No, the Ghost tour can accommodate up to 20 guests per guide, so you will be sharing the experience with the other tour participants.
- Is the Ghost Tour narrated?
- Yes, both Ghost Tours are fully narrated by a professional tour guide.
- Can I bring a camera with a flash?
- Yes. We highly recommend taking pictures during the tour. We often get pictures of some eerie stuff from our guests.
- Should I tip my guide?
- It is not mandatory, but it is greatly appreciated
- Where do the Ghost tours finish?
- The Haunted Jail Tour finishes at the Jail and The Ghost and Graveyard Tour finishes in the Market.
- Is there parking nearby the Ghost tour departure point?
- Yes. There are metered parking spots that are free after 6pm. There are paid lots and garages within walking distance of the starting location for the Ghost and Graveyard tour. There is parking for the Haunted Jail Tour at the Jail if you elect to not walk the additional 6 blocks.
- Is the Ghost Tour a walking tour?
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Tobacco Free Event
- Charleston Harbor Tours is proud to be a smoke free / tobacco free environment. Smoking is not permitted on our vessels.
Charleston Harbor Tours
The company specializes in introducing its guests to the beauty, history and charm of Charleston, the Holy City. Your captain and staff will be eager to make your experience aboard the Carolina Belle a pleasant and enjoyable one.
The Carolina Belle is a 1920's era replica bay steamer featuring graceful, classic lines. She is 80 feet long and can accommodate up to 250 passengers and has a standard operating crew of three to four.
Bulldog Tours is Charleston's premier walking tour company and offers exclusive access to many of Charleston's most infamous and haunted sites.
Bulldog Tours is the ONLY walking tour company in Charleston that can take you anywhere other than the sidewalks at night! We have EXCLUSIVE access to the Old City Jail, Dungeon, and Charleston's oldest graveyard.
More than just the usual Charleston SC ghost tours, we offer a variety of evening and late-night walking tours that take you behind the scenes of the Holy City's Haunted Historic District. Led by fully licensed and experiences tour guides, Bulldog's Charleston Ghost Tours are sure to entertain, intrigue, delight, and frighten all those who choose to take a stroll into the city's dark and ghostly past.