Departing from Riverfront Plaza at 7:30 PM we'll go for a short cruise along the Hartford Skyline and then anchor out on the Connecticut River with front row seats at the Riverfest Fireworks display starting at approximately 9:00 PM. At the conclusion of the fireworks we will return to the dock at Riverfront Plaza.
Your cruise will include:
- An incredible view of the Riverfest Fireworks display
- A relaxing cruise along the Hartford skyline
- Complimentary light snacks
What Is Not Included?
Parking is available in downtown Hartford in numerous garages for approximately $6.00/hour if you are boarding at our Riverfront Plaza location.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended as trips often sell out. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please buy your tickets well in advance. You may purchase your tickets online using a Visa, Mastercard or American Express card.
- What if it rains?
- For this cruise, the rain date will be July 10, 2011 at same time and location. If the cruise is canceled due to rain, you will be able to reschedule to this date or receive an open credit to come back.
- How many people does the boat hold?
- The Hartford Belle is certified to carry up to 49 passengers. However, we often limit the number of passengers in order to provide a more intimate experience and to ensure that everyone can be accommodated in the salon in the event of rainy weather.
- Is the boat safe?
- The Hartford Belle is inspected annually by the U.S. Coast Guard. Our captains are USCG licensed and the entire crew is thoroughly trained with your safety and comfort in mind. And per Coast Guard rules, there are of course life jackets on board for all passengers. There is an open deck area and an enclosed salon as well.
- Where do I board the boat?
- Boarding is from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM at Mortensen Riverfront Plaza
- Are children welcome?
- While we welcome children on most of our cruises we would suggest that this cruise be enjoyed by adults or older children (over age 12). No child discount will apply to this cruise.
- Is the cruise suitable for pregnant women?
- We travel in fairly calm waters, so there are no restrictions against pregnant women attending.
- Is the boat handicapped accessible?
- To a limited degree. Our docks are accessed by ramps and there are about 3-4 steps to board the boat. Persons who use canes and walkers should not find it difficult to access the boat. The restroom is not wheelchair accessible and we regret we cannot accommodate electric wheelchairs or scooters on board. Please click on the "Contact HartfordBoat" link for more specific details.
- Are food or drinks available on board?
- Yes, there is a bar on board offering soda, water, beer, wine, and mixed drinks as well as light snacks, candy, chips, etc. The approximate cost for snacks is $1, non-alcoholic beverages are $2 and alcoholic beverages range from $5-$7. You may bring aboard a picnic lunch as well if you wish. Please note that alcoholic beverages may not be brought aboard for consumption. You must be 21 with a valid ID to purchase alcoholic beverages. NOTE: Complimentary light bar snacks will be offered on this cruise.
- Is there a restroom on board?
- Yes, for your comfort the Hartford Belle is restroom equipped.
- What should I wear?
- As this is an evening cruise you may wish to bring along a light jacket or wrap in case it cools down a bit. As always we recommend low heeled rubber soled footwear. Keep in mind that there may be a little walking involved.
- Will I get seasick?
- The Hartford Belle is a stable boat and we travel fairly calm waters so it is highly unlikely you will get seasick. However, if you are prone to motion sickness, please feel free to take the necessary precautions before boarding.
- Where is the best place to park?
- Parking will be available at the Science Center Garage and at most other downtown parking garages for this event. A special event rate should be available for Riverfest. NOTE: Please allow plenty of time to park and walk to the dock. Heavy traffic is anticipated for this event.
- Do you offer group rates?
- Sorry, no group rates will be offered for this cruise.
- Do you offer any discounts or promotions?
- No discounts or promotions will apply to this particular cruise.
- Can I smoke?
- For the safety and comfort of all guests and crew we have a no smoking policy on the boat. Your cooperation is appreciated.
- Is there room to store things on the boat?
- There is not much storage space on the boat, so we cannot store larger items for you. If you are bringing a picnic lunch with you please note we ask that you don't bring anything larger than a backpack.
- Can I bring my dog?
- No, unfortunately only service animals are allowed on board.
- Can we charter the boat for an event?
- Most definitely! The Hartford Belle is a surprisingly affordable venue for your next small group event be it an office party, birthday, shower, anniversary or any reason at all. We can comfortably accommodate 30-35 people. We can assist with catering arrangements, you can bring your own food and we have our own bar on board as well. Please click on "Contact HartfordBoat" link for more information.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, if you are interested in purchasing a gift certificate, please click on the "Contact HartfordBoat" link for more information.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants are required to have tickets for this event.
- Our boat is United States Coast Guard documented for a certain amount of passengers and we cannot exceed the capacity. This means that all passengers including infants and toddlers must have a ticket.
Hartford Belle Cruises
There has always been a fascinating history about the Hartford area and the Connecticut River. Dutch explorer Adraien Block discovered the river in 1614 and set up a fur trading post in what is now Hartford. Shortly thereafter Colonists settled in adjacent Windsor and Wethersfield.
The Connecticut River continued to be the lifeline for Hartford and adjacent Colonies for the export and import of goods which were transported aboard majestic clipper ships which were engaged in trade with the West Indies. The steamboat was successor to the clipper ships until 1931. At that time, the trains were finally deemed to be faster and much more efficient for commerce.
In the 1990's the Connecticut River was named an "American Heritage River" due to its colorful history. It shares this distinction with only 14 other rivers in America.
As for the Hartford Belle, she was built in 1992 by Scarano Boatworks in Albany, New York as an example of a 1920's era cruiser. This will become more evident as you notice her mahogany trimmed salon complete with a wood paneled bar. The Hartford Belle is regularly inspected by the U.S. Coast Guard and her captains are U.S. Coast Guard licensed for your safety. Our crew are all trained not only in safety procedures but to make your trip with us pleasant, relaxing and fun.